[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Comments for 3.3:
1. Vaal Impurity of Fire's description states that "Nearby Enemies' Fire Resistance is Ignored by Hits", since we do not hit this does not apply to us. So a lvl 21 Purity is better for the +1 max res.

2. The other two impurities are cool, so those can be switched, especially if they are not in your shield for the +1 max res.

3. We get a Vaal Discipline without losing a gem slot, that is the greatest buff in 3.3 imo. This is true for every ES user out there.

4. The rework of the fire damage nodes - some burning damage is replaced with the same amount of fire damage, so this change does not affect us at all.

5. Vaal righteous fire - well for some reason when Vaal RF ends it stops the normal RF too and I cannot light up RF few seconds after that. I don't know if this is intended or am I doing smth wrong. Also since we do not regenerate life I believe that after the 3-rd use we will be at 10% life and will not be able to invoke it.

Overall the build is buffed.
Last edited by majna on Jun 6, 2018, 9:01:55 AM
"
Kortiah wrote:
"
Verseb wrote:
Hey guys, can't understand why I don't have enough energy shield's regen.... I checked every items, passive skill tree etc...

Energy shield regeneration per second : about 1000 for 6500 Energy Shield but with RF, It's not enough...

Quick glance :
- You're missing the 8% ES node after Arcane Focus.
- You have shit flasks (2 life flasks which are useless, not even a prefix on your quicksilver, a single useless affix on your Ruby, bad mana flask too.
- You have a lvl 19 Purity of Fire. And this is going to be why you don't regen ES enough. You NEED a lvl 23 Purity to get the +1% max fire. Either get a lvl 21 PoF + +2 level Unset ring, or lvl 20 PoF with +3 Unset ring, or lvl 21 PoF in your shield. You're missing 2% max fire res with your lvl 19 Purity which is HUGE.
- You can also try and get a Rise of the Phoenix if you want even more %Fire Max resist.

--> The 8% missing node will be put to my next level.
--> My flasks are bad yeah, I will change it.
--> POF lv 23 is my priority then.
--> My shield give too much resistance to be avoid... I will think about it.

But I still don't understand how the creator of this build have about 6000 regen/sec Oo
Last edited by Verseb on Jun 6, 2018, 9:07:08 AM
"
majna wrote:

5. Vaal righteous fire - well for some reason when Vaal RF ends it stops the normal RF too and I cannot light up RF few seconds after that. I don't know if this is intended or am I doing smth wrong. Also since we do not regenerate life I believe that after the 3-rd use we will be at 10% life and will not be able to invoke it.

Vaal RF sac's your life.
It is unusable because when you use it, your life will go down to 1 which turns your normal rf off. We also don't regin and I dont think any of us are going to use a life flask to use Vaal RF, but I could be wrong.
"
majna wrote:
Comments for 3.3:
1. Vaal Impurity of Fire's description states that "Nearby Enemies' Fire Resistance is Ignored by Hits", since we do not hit this does not apply to us. So a lvl 21 Purity is better for the +1 max res.

2. The other two impurities are cool, so those can be switched, especially if they are not in your shield for the +1 max res.

3. We get a Vaal Discipline without losing a gem slot, that is the greatest buff in 3.3 imo. This is true for every ES user out there.

4. The rework of the fire damage nodes - some burning damage is replaced with the same amount of fire damage, so this change does not affect us at all.

Overall the build is buffed.

1. We can have Vaal Impurity of Fire lvl 23 even without a lvl 21 gem. We just need to hit the +1 corruption on the shield. And I have no doubt this should worth every currency we can spend in this to get it.

2. The only reason to take Impurity gems for Ice and Light is the little buff of 25% reduced dmg from the element. It may be cool, but won't stand comparaison vs a permanent +1% max res from a lvl 23 (21 with a +2 from Prism Guardian for example).

5. RF stop because Vaal RF remove 30% of our life pool. And with Determination, PoF and an extra aura (35%) this leave us with less than 30% of unreserved life. So using Vaal RF put immediatly our charater at 1hp. And at 1hp, RF turns off.
I personnaly didn't checked if it stop at the moment we hit 1hp, or if this buff ignore our hp pool and only work for a fixed duration. If it stop at the moment we are at 1hp, then, this gem is useless because we should have a very little unreserved hp pool.
If the buff ignore our hp pool (but I doubt it works that way), then we should be able to use it just by replacing one of our flask for a life flask.

"
Kortiah wrote:
"
Verseb wrote:
Hey guys, can't understand why I don't have enough energy shield's regen.... I checked every items, passive skill tree etc...

Energy shield regeneration per second : about 1000 for 6500 Energy Shield but with RF, It's not enough...

Quick glance :
- You're missing the 8% ES node after Arcane Focus.
- You have shit flasks (2 life flasks which are useless, not even a prefix on your quicksilver, a single useless affix on your Ruby, bad mana flask too.
- You have a lvl 19 Purity of Fire. And this is going to be why you don't regen ES enough. You NEED a lvl 23 Purity to get the +1% max fire. Either get a lvl 21 PoF + +2 level Unset ring, or lvl 20 PoF with +3 Unset ring, or lvl 21 PoF in your shield. You're missing 2% max fire res with your lvl 19 Purity which is HUGE.
- You can also try and get a Rise of the Phoenix if you want even more %Fire Max resist.

You are right on many point. But you miss the most important part imo.

There is only 3 points to focus on when we are talking about RF degen issues.
- The level of PoF. A lvl 20 PoF should be enought. But geting a PoF lvl 21 should be the second major stuff upgrade after buying a Shavronne.
- A good and clever path in the tree. Here he miss 1.9% life regen by skiping the 3 regen nodes from Templar start and the 2 nodes between Shaper node and jewel sock near Scion start. It's a huge lost. His tree should looks like this at lvl 90 ;
- The regen buff from stuffs. Here he miss the most important and most effective affixe for regen : "%ES RECOVERY rate". This affixe can be found on Watcher's Eye with a Discipline buff. And on a Shaper belt. He is using Bathered Breath belt, which gives "%ES recharge rate. Recovery ≠ Recharge. Recovery works like a "more" buff while Recharge works like a "increased" buff. And in PoE, more > increased.
The T1 affixe is ilvl 75 and start at 16%. So he should buy a shaper belt ilvl 75+, and spam some alt until he get this affixe, then regal it, etc.

Ah and you missed the wrong asendency too.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jun 7, 2018, 3:57:52 AM
Ty for the tips La grosse simone ( lol ).

- I Fix the tree, I need few more levels now for finishing it.

Watcher's eye are really really expensive, so what do you think about buying like 3 Watcher's eyes ?
-> Regen life's one with vitality
-> More ES with mana while Discipline
-> Regen ES with disciplinne

But with theses, I will not have enough slot for other jewels... :/

For the belt, I'll need more and more Exalted, Btw there's no good belt on poe trade ...
You can use only one Watcher's eye
Hey, wondering how everybody here is doing with incursion. I don't have the best gear or anything, but I feel like I am lacking so much damage and that I'll never be able to kill architect in t13+ while I have no problem clearing the incursion, killing an architect to upgrade the temple is almost impossible for me. Anybody else has that problem?
Going to try this one in incursion to hopefully get my first uber elder kill. Seems good and tanky, I'd like to hit a high level (i keep dying with other things :P)
Last edited by bitbite11 on Jun 8, 2018, 5:56:19 AM
"
Temporas wrote:
Hey, wondering how everybody here is doing with incursion. I don't have the best gear or anything, but I feel like I am lacking so much damage and that I'll never be able to kill architect in t13+ while I have no problem clearing the incursion, killing an architect to upgrade the temple is almost impossible for me. Anybody else has that problem?

Your gear is incomplete on your character tab. Given up already?

The biggest mistake I see is you having flat fire dmg to attacks on your ring. This f*cks op elemental equilibrium when you shield charge, making mobs even harder to kill. Get a new ring!
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 8, 2018, 11:02:10 AM
IT's impossible to find those kind of jewels in standard league. No matter how many useful combinations i use to search, i can't find and buy meaningful 4 affix jewels (i have been trying this for 10 days).
any suggestions ? should i just skip 1-2 jewel slots and take the 4 fire damage nodes up to Heart of Flame?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info