[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

Hi there.
I'd like to ask about Axe/Sword.

Why on latest video you are using AXE in MainHand and Sword in Offhand while it should be vice-versa? On top of that, Reave works only with Claw/Sword.

Explain please! Thanks.
So hey, whats this link is about? https://pastebin.com/6EVFKnU2

every link on pastebin, i've opened have texts like this : "eNrtfelz20a27-fhX4Fy1bxKypHc--KX3FtabNkTLxpJdmbul1QD3ZAYU6RCkJbl" what is supposed to mean?

Thanks, reagards.
"
Nyambura wrote:
Hi there.
I'd like to ask about Axe/Sword.

Why on latest video you are using AXE in MainHand and Sword in Offhand while it should be vice-versa? On top of that, Reave works only with Claw/Sword.

Explain please! Thanks.

The Axe is a Statstick, i.e a weapon that can't be used for the attack, but has global damage increases, like physical damaged gained as extra elemental damage. The sword is in offhand because the Ambidexterity passive gives more DPS with the Sword in the offhand (attack speed in offhand versus damage in main hand, the attack speed gives more DPS). Also the Gladiator passive Outmatch and Outlast generates us endurance charges with offhand kills, helping us to be a lot tankier.

You will simply attack with the sword in offhand, and gain all the good bonuses our offhand passives give to us, and the axe can't be used to attack, but we still gain its global stats.
@Xanthochroid, yes i understand this.
I dont understand why he has Axe in MAINHAND and using his Reave (while Reave works only with Axes/Claws).
"
Nyambura wrote:
@Xanthochroid, yes i understand this.
I dont understand why he has Axe in MAINHAND and using his Reave (while Reave works only with Axes/Claws).

Reave only works with Claws, Daggers, or 1 handed swords, he's not attacking with the axe at all.

Reave does not work with axes.

He's attacking with the offhand sword, you can attack from either hand.

This tree gives good bonuses to offhand attacks.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Aug 5, 2018, 10:30:01 PM
Yeah, i just understood that as well. Got simple Axe from Haku, shifted swords :) Kewl stuff!
Thanks!
I want to let it be known that the MF version of this build is an absolute travesty, and possibly one of the worst builds I have ever used. The damage simply isn't there, and seemingly will never get there to solidly clear any content before actually being around level 90 and having a sword that is worth multiple ex, and even then it will be a terrible slog to actually clear content. You could probably make more money with no MF gear at all just running the regular version due to the absolutely startling difference in damage and clear speed. Even the example videos can show clear as day how horrifyingly slow it is at clearing, struggling and taking several seconds at a time to even kill a single pack.

If you are looking for a solid MF build, this is not it, look elsewhere if you actually plan to make money with MF gear.

If just looking for a solid build without MF, the regular version should do you fine, but be warned, the MF version of this build is nowhere near as solid as advertised.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but putting the quant and rarity in the thread title is just absolutely deceptive when the end result using MF gear is nigh unusable in its lack of damage and survivability. I also find it odd that your screenshot showing that you killed shaper with the MF version happens to have the bottom section of the image cut off, not allowing anyone to see the HP you had. This begs the question as to if you actually killed Shaper with the MF Claw version or the Regular, non-MF version.

To put this into perspective, your Claw MF PoB (Which you claimed you killed Shaper with) has 272k Shaper DPS Fully Flasked, with Full Frenzy Charges, Full Power Charges, and Onslaught. I even replaced the Item Rarity with Conc Effect to give it a fair shake.

You have no source of Onslaught except a single on kill jewel, and which only lasts 4 seconds, so we can untick that. You have absolutely no source of power charge generation anywhere in the build *at all*, so we can untick that as well, and no source of Frenzies other than Blood rage, so we can untick that for Shaper as well.

I'll give you a freebie and have all your flasks up, but even with all those up the Shaper DPS ends at about 178k, and with only 4k.

You do say you made a few item swaps, but I find it a little hard to believe in can very strongly turn around the startling lack of damage here.

I may be putting on a tinfoil hat here, but as a very long time player of the game, something just straight doesn't add up.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Aug 6, 2018, 2:23:22 AM
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

I may be putting on a tinfoil hat here, but as a very long time player of the game, something just straight doesn't add up.

I played my Reave last 2 Leagues ONLY because of the MF version since it was such a strong starter. Honestly I didn't even bother fully reading your wall of text. You just have bad case of get good.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

I played my Reave last 2 Leagues ONLY because of the MF version since it was such a strong starter. Honestly I didn't even bother fully reading your wall of text. You just have bad case of get good.

lul.

He presents numbers straight from PoB and you respond with "Git Gud"

This build is a joke, I tried to just make it to maps with it and it is not serviceable at all. Constantly dying, no damage.

For anyone interested in a solid build, look elsewhere, or maybe I just need to get good as well im guessing...
I have been using this build in incursion and it is doing a solid job in mob clearing as I have no trouble killing mobs in T16. It is quite beginner friendly in that regard. However, when it gets to bosses like shaper and uber atziri, it feels like it is lacking a lot of the damage with my current setup(https://pastebin.com/eYiEeQmc), and it is quite difficult to kill T16+ bosses deathlessly as a beginner.

I have checked your lv93 PoB link and the gears it is using are quite expensive and it configures to use power charges which the build does not have. I am just wondering how much you actually invested into all the gears, and whether you started with the MF version first and later swtiched back to the normal setup.

TLDR: From my experience, this build is very good at mob clearing. However, as beginner, it is still quite tough at killing T16+ bosses with OK gears unless I am missing something.
Last edited by GalaxyVintage on Aug 6, 2018, 1:45:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info