[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

Can you guys tell me about survivability, especially about the new molten shell?

Do you happen to get insta gibbed by ele damage at times? It was a great weakness prior to 3.7
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
corrupted weight of the empire jewels with increased effect of non-damaging ailments is cheap (below 10c), you can buy 2 for the boosting shock effect.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/9wgGqKUK
"
ZaeN wrote:
Can you guys tell me about survivability, especially about the new molten shell?

Do you happen to get insta gibbed by ele damage at times? It was a great weakness prior to 3.7

since molten shell prevents/reduces all damage from hits now, the only things damaging you through it are essentially dots (poison/bleed/burning/caustic ground etc.).

Vaal Molten Shell's max absorb shield is 30k, which you should reach at around 50k armour. I have it linked with increased Duration, so it currently lasts ~15 seconds for me. This essentially means becoming invulnerable for 15 secs most of the time (just cover dots with your flasks). I think its absolutely busted atm and am surprised not more builds are using it - even lower armour builds can profit massively from it (especially if they just combine it with granite flasks). If syndicate spawns in a t16, i just pop it and facetank everything until everything is dead while never dropping below 90% life. Its also really good for bigger Legion encounters.
I hardcast normal molten shell as well, as it has quite a long cooldown with 4 seconds (3 secs if you take the guard skill cluster at the duelist area) and i'd rather control myself when i dont want to take any damage, but its always enough to let me facetank whatever is there (big shrine groups etc.)
Also, vaal molten shell doesnt actually trigger the "guard skill cd", so you can chain the vaal version into the normal one and vice versa if needed.
Last edited by LenaInverse on Jun 18, 2019, 3:56:51 PM
"
AT_Blitzy wrote:
corrupted weight of the empire jewels with increased effect of non-damaging ailments is cheap (below 10c), you can buy 2 for the boosting shock effect.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/9wgGqKUK

That's great thanks! i already got 2 for myself at 1-3c each ahaha :D

"
LenaInverse wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:

since molten shell prevents/reduces all damage from hits now, the only things damaging you through it are essentially dots (poison/bleed/burning/caustic ground etc.).

Vaal Molten Shell's max absorb shield is 30k, which you should reach at around 50k armour. I have it linked with increased Duration, so it currently lasts ~15 seconds for me. This essentially means becoming invulnerable for 15 secs most of the time (just cover dots with your flasks). I think its absolutely busted atm and am surprised not more builds are using it - even lower armour builds can profit massively from it (especially if they just combine it with granite flasks). If syndicate spawns in a t16, i just pop it and facetank everything until everything is dead while never dropping below 90% life. Its also really good for bigger Legion encounters.
I hardcast normal molten shell as well, as it has quite a long cooldown with 4 seconds (3 secs if you take the guard skill cluster at the duelist area) and i'd rather control myself when i dont want to take any damage, but its always enough to let me facetank whatever is there (big shrine groups etc.)
Also, vaal molten shell doesnt actually trigger the "guard skill cd", so you can chain the vaal version into the normal one and vice versa if needed.

That's right. I am kinda realizing that 3.7 hard hitting mobs are how GGG want to push for more tank.

The tripled damage enables builds to spare more points into tanking, it is not much the case of jug as the ascendancy is 3/4 tank, but anyway i was already evaluating the guard cluster + the fortify clusters.

Call me crazy but if shell is really that good then Brassdome can become a choice even for zerkers and slayers :D I need to thinker about it more, currently playing a HS phase acro zerker, not really sure is to go full eva with it or else
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

New tree, will elaborate in detail later: https://pastebin.com/NSvVxFQw

I've been learning valuable lessons about 3.7 with a HS zerker variant

Jug ascendancies are 3/4 on tank, so building the tree is more straight forward, you can give a lot of focus on damage and utility (especially the latter)

Melee damage in 3.7 is overloaded, mobs are more hard hitting. This means that we can or must offload a lot of points from pure damage and add tank or utility.

Sure we can do a 5-10mil pure glass just to post videos of 1sec deletions but then gl with rolling red map mods and random rips from rares even white mobs.

Parenthesis on melee splash:
Melee splash has changed in 3.7
It is functional with weapon reach/range/radius and has a visual feedback, you will clearly notice many tiny splashes

A strike skill linked with splash will hit everything in weapon range and create multiple splashes

The changes in the tree:
The main change is dropping the historical Disemboweling (melee crit chance & multi) and other nodes like pure leech and the sword aspd/dmg

What has been added are the two clusters for AoE and Sword range+aoe, the guard cluster, the 2h leech+dmg cluster, the fortify effect+dmg cluster.

The maxed range+aoe gives a lot of clearing power

The leech dmg cluster has "Increased total recovery per second". We give up "Maximum total recovery" (something like 1400 vs 1600 life/s) in favour of a "faster" capping like 1.7s vs 2.7

The guard cluster + fortify dmg cluster are for better shell uptime and fortify mitigation.
Also removing ruthless for the buffed fortify is an option regardless of the lost damage.

Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 20, 2019, 7:18:13 PM
Another UPDATE on build:

- After running hundreds of maps total I enjoy the defensive capability of the build. It's quite amazing even without Starforge - facetanking Chimera and Minotaur guardians like they're nothing. That's a great asset of a true Jugg. And not just guardians, a lot of other things, like map bosses (even twin Plaza boss' draining move, requiring life flask active) can be facetanked without much difficulty. Can take a Shaper slam no problem, and certain other telegraphed attacks such as Desert Spring boss' slam. However, some legions hit extremely hard and fast, and I still die to them (Maraketh and some other explosion dudes) on high tier maps. Rippy maps with elemental res debuff/ inc ele dmg will make it even easier to rip.

- The problem I find without Starforge is clear speed (Ancestral call helps, but gem swap on bosses just isn't my cup of tea, so either I swap gems, or accept to play with lower clear speed - this is my first build that has to rely on gem swap for extra clear, as the normal might not be enough).

- Delve isn't really enjoyable for me. Not because low dark resistance and light radius, just maybe clear speed factoring in.

- Requires pressing very few buttons (leap slam, main skill and totem sometimes) and that's a really good thing to help with clear speed and finger movement in general.

Maybe things will finally change when I get Starforge. We'll see.

P/s: New tree looks interesting, Zaen :)
A filthy casual
New Tree looks really good! We both did almost the same thing on the tree while not even being connected - maybe its some kind of mind-link of the heavy strikers :)
Ok i updated the previous post with some details

"
Hologram_o wrote:

- The problem I find without Starforge is clear speed (Ancestral call helps, but gem swap on bosses just isn't my cup of tea, so either I swap gems, or accept to play with lower clear speed - this is my first build that has to rely on gem swap for extra clear, as the normal might not be enough).

Your clear is killed by both the absence of AC and the presence of Multistrike.
MS has a 30% less damage that will always reduce your first hit compared to another gem that gives a flat 30-50%. Plus you will need to cancel it often or the char loses additional animations sometimes hitting the air

If you really don't want to use AC try to replace MS with fortify.

But really you should be able to kill all map bosses with AC splash anyway, MS is now required only for a couple guardians, shaper, not even UE

im doing a slayer variant right now, since i already had a duelist.
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/xmUEWeiw
Clear speed: slow(1 hit per pack, including rares)
Monolith Clear: slow, can only clear general + mobs with icons, occasionally normal mobs too
Survivability: Decent, no unavoidable one shot or shotgun. Multiple legion rares with stacked auras can one shot easily from range, nothing i can do about it.

do consider the stamina jewel node + transcendent flesh
Last edited by AT_Blitzy on Jun 20, 2019, 8:00:46 PM
https://pastebin.com/41sARvTA
Bought the gear thats currently in the PoB for this build.

This is done with zerker - I was wondering if there is any downsides really to playing it this way vs the Jugg?

And Exquisite Blade with Hits cant be evaded seems to be stronger than Shaper + shock?
Last edited by lehuukha on Jun 21, 2019, 4:20:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info