[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

"
FknZipZap wrote:
Hey, im playing this build right now, but i really dont get some ideas behind the skillgems and tree.

1. When we use Soul Taker, why do we take the Charisma node? We can cast Leap Slap and Totem anyway, and for Blood Rage we could use CWDT? We could cast Golem at the beginning of a map / lab, since it ever dies?

2. Why do we use Damage on FullLife when we are running Bloodrage, but no Immortal Call? Are we ever at Full Life?

3. Why do we use a mana/life gain aura when we use soultaker?

Greets

1. The Charisma node allows you to take herald of ash on top of hatred and your blasphemy curse. Without it, you wouldn't be able to reserve all your mana for it.

2. There was a patch that made it so as long as you out regen the degen of blood rage it still counts as full life.

3. If you're referring to Warlord's mark, it's mainly for generating endurance charges which reduces physical damage taken.
Thank you :)

Didnt know about the patch, didnt play for a longer time. Thanks for the build, works amazing till now - first uberlab coming soon.

Merry Christmas
What's more important to look at for weapon specs, the flat damage range or the DPS? And is this the same for main and offhand?
Just a few things to point out:

The attack speed in the offhand should not matter however:

- I tried equipping a claw with 1.6 APS vs princes 1.8 and
in the offence section the attacks per second reduces with the claw equipped.
Why is that?

- Kaoms root with + frenzy seems to be the choice however I tried (16% increased attack
and cast speed if youve killed recently) I feel the latter does way more dps. Thoughts?
combination Perfec form armor and formles inferno helmet will make this more tanky?
For the 6 links im getting different information, from the gemlinks description it shows that i should take me melee damage on full life, but if i check in the 3.0 gear slot, there is a dome with maim switched out, which would provide a bigger benefit overall?
"
najo wrote:
Spoiler
I'm playing on AHC and currently running HoA, warlord's and arctic armour. Would poacher's mark be better to use than warlord's?

Also,I'm using a 290 pdps rare axe instead of a soul taker. I've opted to take vitality void and juggernaut for life/life leech. I have 6k hp with a belly at the moment. Is it worth dropping vitality void and juggernaut and getting charisma and a soul taker or am i better off saving up enough to switch my belly out for a 5l brass dome and getting the soul taker later?
Poacher's is much better for flask uptime. Warlord's is good for mana leech. Try both. Soul taker first, then 6L (or 5L brass dome). I'm still using tabula in my maps.
"
Axelsmithy wrote:
Spoiler
Tips to do now on my character?
Running shaped vaults and getting 1 hit by the boss probably every second map.
Sounds like you need more HP or more DPS. Brass dome will cause no crits, = no one hits.
"
FknZipZap wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, im playing this build right now, but i really dont get some ideas behind the skillgems and tree.

1. When we use Soul Taker, why do we take the Charisma node? We can cast Leap Slap and Totem anyway, and for Blood Rage we could use CWDT? We could cast Golem at the beginning of a map / lab, since it ever dies?

2. Why do we use Damage on FullLife when we are running Bloodrage, but no Immortal Call? Are we ever at Full Life?

3. Why do we use a mana/life gain aura when we use soultaker?

Greets
CWDT gems are pretty interchangeable, I recommend immortal call if you are dying to porcupines (i don't personally because I usually have my flasks up)

Charisma node is so we can run blasphemy/hatred/HoA

- Damage on full life works with bloodrage because of slayer overleech being more heal than the bloodrage degen.

Poacher's mark is for flask uptime, warlord's is mainly for endurance charges.
"
LTHobo wrote:
Spoiler
What's more important to look at for weapon specs, the flat damage range or the DPS? And is this the same for main and offhand?
Offhand is a statstick since both leap slam and sunder only uses main hand.

Main hand looking at APS first (for clear speed), then DPS. Then save up for soul taker and buy divines or buy a high rolled one.
"
Porsche112 wrote:
Spoiler
Just a few things to point out:

The attack speed in the offhand should not matter however:

- I tried equipping a claw with 1.6 APS vs princes 1.8 and
in the offence section the attacks per second reduces with the claw equipped.
Why is that?

- Kaoms root with + frenzy seems to be the choice however I tried (16% increased attack
and cast speed if youve killed recently) I feel the latter does way more dps. Thoughts?
- Don't trust tooltip APS.

- Kaoms roots +frenzy gives more DPS, but 16% ias gives more clear speed.
"
combination Perfec form armor and formles inferno helmet will make this more tanky?
Brass dome is still #1, other armours can work though.

Rare helm, starkonja, formless inferno can all work. Atm though, I'm using a rare helm with 15% sunder AS.
"
Spoiler
For the 6 links im getting different information, from the gemlinks description it shows that i should take me melee damage on full life, but if i check in the 3.0 gear slot, there is a dome with maim switched out, which would provide a bigger benefit overall?
Don't look at the 3.0 gear, that is berserker sunder. This is slayer sunder.The reason why we can use damage on full life because our overleech heal is more than blood rage degen.
so i have just started on this build but i dont see how is ur thougth of having no mana. what is it that will make me still able to cast sunder?
Hey man, thanks for the build guide. I've played 2 variations of Sunder (zerker and gladiator) in 3.0 as well, so far, your build seems at least just as good. I do have a couple of questions though. How tough is uber izaro on a tabula? I'd like to get rid of tabula before that and I don't know whether I should go for 6L brass dome or 6L belly first. What's your recommendation?

Edit: actually, damage on full life also confuses me a bit. I think I have plenty of leech, but with blood rage on, my hp just stays at 4 points below max (doesn't go down due to overleech). Does the gem still work in this situation?
Last edited by Hayllit on Dec 26, 2017, 10:56:30 AM
"
Frezore wrote:
so i have just started on this build but i dont see how is ur thougth of having no mana. what is it that will make me still able to cast sunder?

The weapon Soul Taker
Last edited by LulSayWhat on Dec 26, 2017, 3:42:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info