[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
bridgeburner wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience using fully leveled lightning warp and supports? Is it responsive enough to avoid attacks comparable to shield charge/whirling blades?

This is what I'm using now, with lightning warp and I replaced the fortify setup with CWDT+Temp Chains+Frost Wall. Not convinced it will work in later maps, but since my EHP is rather low right now I'd prefer to play more defensively.

If you use a 3 link for lightning warp then it should be fine.

But your wand seems to have the wrong crafted mod, "increased physical damage" on weapons is local and it only affects the base attack damage of that weapon.
"
BuDiu wrote:
Loving my GC Hiero 5 totems this league!

So far has no issues doing all content in the game, Uber Atziri and Uber Elder were easy peasy lemon squeezy!

All that is missing on my setup is my Atziri's Reflection for the icing on the cake!!

Here is my current gear:

Currently running curse immune Quicksilver and Diamond. The flask management is a little annoying but that is the downside until I get the chase unique Atziri's Reflection!

Tooltip GC is around 160k with Hatred in Hideout (no flasks no power charges no totem placed buff).

Using Phys to lighting for the conversion instead of the GC unique jewels. The unique jewels were a big damage loss and i also gain ~14% more life from rare jewels. I also like using Phys to Lighting for the conversion because that way i get like half cold half Lighting damage so I shock a lot.

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgj0C2EOSBDMEZYWbxo4HNwdFB8CHxgi9CcvKgsqEysmLJwy0TWSNsU6FjrYOuE8BTwtQZZDyEVHRZ1JT0lRTLNN406uTwRR-1NSVUtVxlhtWOVaK1ugXfJh4mQzZlRmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnsgfA5_xoKbg1-DzIPbg_OFMoV7hoKJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlS6XLZo7muCf36EvogCj8qZXpwinVa4SrrOvbLE2tvq3PrmTvKq86r6KwGbDCcauzRbQH9D11abYJNi942rr7uv17DjtPO987-vwH_DV8h33pviT-tL-Cv6H_o8=?accountName=BuDiu&characterName=LegionGlacier

Currently level 94 in BSC. 6.3k HP and 2k Unreserved mana.

Hi BuDiu

Thanks for sharing your stats, gives me something to compare to! I was just able to summon uber elder for the first time, but i am nowhere near the tooltip damage that you have, so i was wondering if you can help me out a bit? What the hell am i missing to get such damage numbers? i got 5.3k hp, 2k mana so thats fine i guess, but my tooltip dps is just 61.7k, thats half of yours! i got 21/20 gc so i really don't see where i should go get the damage, are my weapons really THAT bad?

Edit: with hatred in Essence worm instead of one of the rings im at 71k, but still a long way to go.
Last edited by MaryBane on Mar 16, 2018, 10:31:13 PM
"
bridgeburner wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience using fully leveled lightning warp and supports? Is it responsive enough to avoid attacks comparable to shield charge/whirling blades?

This is what I'm using now, with lightning warp and I replaced the fortify setup with CWDT+Temp Chains+Frost Wall. Not convinced it will work in later maps, but since my EHP is rather low right now I'd prefer to play more defensively.

I use lightning warp, and IMHO it either needs to have the hat enchant, or be a 4-link, to be usable.

Shimmeron is decent, if you change your spec up to get power charges. High end shaper items still beat it, but for the price shimmeron is very good. Down side is just having to change your build for the power charges.

As lostcoaster says, local phys damage on a wand dosen't do anything. Same goes for local crit.

IMHO if you use shimmeron you should probably use two of them, and not use the inc crit support. Shimmeron will get your crit really high, and then you can use a better damage support like hypothermia (or there's a few blues to choose from if you don't want to recolor - ele focus, faster casting, crit damage).

If you do go shimmeron, be careful about hitting enemies with lightning warp. If it crits you'll pick up the degen.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 16, 2018, 10:38:41 PM
I took some time off today shopping and crafting, got some great upgrades, and it was surprisingly cheap. I believe I am not far(no mirror tier items ofc) from the damage cap this build has in a Temp league.

Dagger took me 180c to roll and some divines to get the 35%, might scour suffix later.
Exalted the gain lightning on my previous scepter.
Bought the ring for 1ex.
Grabbed 120% crit boot enchant in lab.
Replaced previous 21/0 GC gem with a 21/20. Controlled destruction to 21/20.

And a 15% cold pen watcher's eye for 1ex. It actually give more shaper dps than a hatred +crit one.

Now I am at 127k in hideout with Cold pen+Hypothermia, with 57% cold penetration.
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

Now I am at 127k in hideout with Cold pen+Hypothermia, with 57% cold penetration.

How much is your shaper dps in POB with this setup?
So what is the verdict?
Inquisitor or Hierophant?
I started as elemental claw inquisitor when the league started and i switched to totems after a week.
I am wondering if i should also switch to Hierophant.
"
Valinen wrote:
So what is the verdict?
Inquisitor or Hierophant?
I started as elemental claw inquisitor when the league started and i switched to totems after a week.
I am wondering if i should also switch to Hierophant.

Hierophant is comparable damage, better survivability/sustain (stronger MoM, massive mana and life regen), better utility (charges manage themselves), and faster mapping (90% totem placement speed).

I don't see really any reason to play the build as inquisitor.
So I went +1TR and after calculating it out I would have to have 8 or more curses on me to break even on shaper with a soul mantle setup. You lose so much using both rings for curse mitigation and a self flagulation, and frankly I am a bit trigger happy on totems anyway. pretty much the only loss is about 500 ES. Even with the "extra link" from spell totem being incorporated into the chest, I found it is much more comfortable to just go +1TR with an empower gem.

Recently swapped out my ammy so having to swap resists and stuff around but the only times I have died are when I am not paying attention.

I remain unconvinced that Soul Mantle is a better option, unless you are REALLY dying for that 5th totem.

Not sure exactly how to link stuff here so if you are curious go check my profile (KylisGCT is the character name)

Everything just kinda melts, eager to try shaper (maps are being a pain this league as far as availability).

If someone can come up with a compelling reason for me to swap everything around and have to dick around what resists are were again to cram those 2 rings and a jewel in, I am more than willing to listen. Though frankly given the pain it is to 6-link and then not have the freedom to swap EF and Hypo as needed, and have to deal with the curse crap, I think empower with a +1TR is the much easier way to go.
i did a long pause to this game (i played harbinger league)
how can you craft those fancy weapons ?

is it possible to have a quick tutorial ?
"
tracker2013 wrote:
i did a long pause to this game (i played harbinger league)
how can you craft those fancy weapons ?

is it possible to have a quick tutorial ?

Same as you craft anything, just needs a shaper version of the item as a base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info