[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
"
Kylis wrote:
So I went +1TR and after calculating it out I would have to have 8 or more curses on me to break even on shaper with a soul mantle setup. You lose so much using both rings for curse mitigation and a self flagulation, and frankly I am a bit trigger happy on totems anyway. pretty much the only loss is about 500 ES. Even with the "extra link" from spell totem being incorporated into the chest, I found it is much more comfortable to just go +1TR with an empower gem.

When you say "break even" I assume you mean sheet damage, which still means soul mantle is doing 25% more total damage because of the extra totem.

It doesn't surprise me that you haven't had a problem with +1 tabula though. Pre-guardians everything just melts with almost any gear setup. During mapping the only time I'm actually planting all my totems for a fight is on the boss, and T15 bosses vaporize almost as soon as they activate (carcass boss can't even do his run-away phase). I'm sure with 4 totems they probably still would.

For guardians / shaper / uber elder I want as much damage as I can get, and there's no question the damage ceiling is higher with soul mantle.

For the cost though +1 tabula and empower is a decent budget option. 50c for +1 tabula, 20c for failed corrupted level 3 empower.

Honestly of your gear choices, the hat bothers me more than the +1 tabula. If it was a hat that had the enchant maybe I could understand you getting it cheap, but as a general purpose hat, it is a big meh. According to PoB you gain about 2.9% damage with doedre's compared to starkonja. Not worth the lost life.

You're sitting at 3325 life and 1929 mana. Maybe that's fine for the maps you're doing, but it would be too low for my comfort. I tend to run on the lower side already (no kaom's roots) but I've still got 1300 more combined pool than you, and am always looking for ways to improve that.

If you ran a rare hat with life and resists not only would you gain life there, but you wouldn't need as much resist on gloves and boots, allowing you to pick up better life (and potentially mana) rolls on those slots for a reasonable cost.

I would gain 211 life but lose 367 ES :/ and the loss is 3.8% once my curse skill is 20. The boots I already have replaced with boots with 55 mana and 61 life (just need to get the proper socket colors on it.

I will Keep you up to date on how my Guardian/Shaper runs go.
"
Roirraw wrote:
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

365k per totem with power charges, arcane surge and flasks. No shock.

Mind that GC have multiple hits, usually 2.

I usually finish shaper phase 3 in around 1.5 seconds.

So around 5mil actual combined shaper dps.

Given the goal is boss killing including uber elder, would Hierophant or Inquisitor be better with balance of damage and survivability? What about Glacial Cascade vs. Flameblast?

I tried uber elder last week with both inquisitor and hierophant. Both can manage the fight.
Inquisitor is easier to gear, but have much much less room for mistake in that fight. Basically glass cannon.
Hierophant is swifter, tankier. Much more survivability than inquisitor. Deals pretty much the same damage as a inquisitor with same gear. Can achieve higher shaper damage with the right endgame gearing by scaling cold and cold penetration.

Flameblast does not even come close to be comparable to GC.
Thoughts on using Vaal Breach with the Heirophant version to get the increased damage per kill?
"
Kylis wrote:
I would gain 211 life but lose 367 ES :/ and the loss is 3.8% once my curse skill is 20. The boots I already have replaced with boots with 55 mana and 61 life (just need to get the proper socket colors on it.

I will Keep you up to date on how my Guardian/Shaper runs go.

I don't really value ES much for this build. We don't have any kind of synergy with it, and it is basically never really up. We've got huge life and mana regen, and life and mana flasks to keep those pools performing for us as effective health. ES is just down most of the time.

It isn't completely useless. Sometimes it is up, and could conceivably protect you from a one-shot, but I'd gladly take 200 health over 400 ES.
"
r0gers wrote:
Thoughts on using Vaal Breach with the Heirophant version to get the increased damage per kill?

Outweighed by your totems shooting at stuff that isn't the boss (plus the added damage coming in).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 17, 2018, 5:53:48 PM
Is PoE accurate on dps for the Inquis. 3 totem? or do I take the dps and multiply it by 3? I am 67 and just finished the main story, Have done a few t1 maps no problem. My dps feels higher than poe says..same as tool tip in game between 6-7 k...which seems low for this level...is this about right or am I missing something in the build..I have followed very closely and keep up with my gear...(I think). My tree etc is linked. Thanks anyone that can give advice!
Last edited by Badtwo on Mar 17, 2018, 8:25:39 PM
PoB and the in game tooltip are both showing you the damage of one totem.

As for "accurate," as long as you're setting everything correctly in PoB, its numbers are accurate. In game tooltip less so, it doesn't factor in a lot of things, like cold penetration, hypothermia, etc.
"
PoB and the in game tooltip are both showing you the damage of one totem.

As for "accurate," as long as you're setting everything correctly in PoB, its numbers are accurate. In game tooltip less so, it doesn't factor in a lot of things, like cold penetration, hypothermia, etc.

Thank you :)
@MagicRectangle can you please look at my gear and see what I should upgrade next? I am thinking jewelry but the balancing act with stats and resists is a pain... Thoughts?

I just picked up a new dagger and i'm pretty broke right now so I think I will be saving up for a new shaped neck maybe...
Is the shamanistic fury node not any good for this (Inquisitor) build? It's 58% increased totem damage and 15% totem placement speed for 3 points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info