[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

but, how can u remove juste certain affixes or suffixes ?
u can just scour, no ?
Hi!

Im so confused. I started to use these 2 cheap weapons as a starter weapon until i can afford to buy shaped dagger \ sceptre. But now i cannot find any shaped weapon that could replace them. I try to experiement with other weapons in path of building but i always have worse Total DPS with glacial cascade. Im still a beginner in this game maybe i miss something? These are the weapons i use (yes a claw :D ):

Last edited by sorlix on Mar 17, 2018, 8:56:24 AM
Quick question: how are you able to equip Stakonja?
@nocturnal_deity you just have to equip an item which gives you enough dexterity and then unequip it
"
sorlix wrote:
Hi!

Im so confused. I started to use these 2 cheap weapons as a starter weapon until i can afford to buy shaped dagger \ sceptre. But now i cannot find any shaped weapon that could replace them. I try to experiement with other weapons in path of building but i always have worse Total DPS with glacial cascade. Im still a beginner in this game maybe i miss something? These are the weapons i use (yes a claw :D ):

A nice doryani's is a solid weapon for us I'm struggling to find anything under 6 ex to replace mine. I think the best chance is to craft yourself tbh. otherwise, make sure in POB you are looking to replace either the claw or the doryani's usually one of them is worse then the weapon your looking at (around the 1 ex starting point range)
Last edited by notwisted on Mar 17, 2018, 11:30:35 AM
"
Kylis wrote:
So I went +1TR and after calculating it out I would have to have 8 or more curses on me to break even on shaper with a soul mantle setup. You lose so much using both rings for curse mitigation and a self flagulation, and frankly I am a bit trigger happy on totems anyway. pretty much the only loss is about 500 ES. Even with the "extra link" from spell totem being incorporated into the chest, I found it is much more comfortable to just go +1TR with an empower gem.

When you say "break even" I assume you mean sheet damage, which still means soul mantle is doing 25% more total damage because of the extra totem.

It doesn't surprise me that you haven't had a problem with +1 tabula though. Pre-guardians everything just melts with almost any gear setup. During mapping the only time I'm actually planting all my totems for a fight is on the boss, and T15 bosses vaporize almost as soon as they activate (carcass boss can't even do his run-away phase). I'm sure with 4 totems they probably still would.

For guardians / shaper / uber elder I want as much damage as I can get, and there's no question the damage ceiling is higher with soul mantle.

For the cost though +1 tabula and empower is a decent budget option. 50c for +1 tabula, 20c for failed corrupted level 3 empower.

Honestly of your gear choices, the hat bothers me more than the +1 tabula. If it was a hat that had the enchant maybe I could understand you getting it cheap, but as a general purpose hat, it is a big meh. According to PoB you gain about 2.9% damage with doedre's compared to starkonja. Not worth the lost life.

You're sitting at 3325 life and 1929 mana. Maybe that's fine for the maps you're doing, but it would be too low for my comfort. I tend to run on the lower side already (no kaom's roots) but I've still got 1300 more combined pool than you, and am always looking for ways to improve that.

If you ran a rare hat with life and resists not only would you gain life there, but you wouldn't need as much resist on gloves and boots, allowing you to pick up better life (and potentially mana) rolls on those slots for a reasonable cost.
"
Roirraw wrote:
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

Now I am at 127k in hideout with Cold pen+Hypothermia, with 57% cold penetration.

How much is your shaper dps in POB with this setup?

365k per totem with power charges, arcane surge and flasks. No shock.

Mind that GC have multiple hits, usually 2.

I usually finish shaper phase 3 in around 1.5 seconds.

So around 5mil actual combined shaper dps.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 17, 2018, 3:04:04 PM
Hi guys , can help me pls , i am buying helm with enchant 40% psyh GC in cold ... but dmg in my tooltip dont change ... its normal ?
Last edited by fa11enium on Mar 17, 2018, 5:46:53 PM
"
Valinen wrote:
So what is the verdict?
Inquisitor or Hierophant?
I started as elemental claw inquisitor when the league started and i switched to totems after a week.
I am wondering if i should also switch to Hierophant.

I have the same question ALL TIME :(
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

365k per totem with power charges, arcane surge and flasks. No shock.

Mind that GC have multiple hits, usually 2.

I usually finish shaper phase 3 in around 1.5 seconds.

So around 5mil actual combined shaper dps.

Given the goal is boss killing including uber elder, would Hierophant or Inquisitor be better with balance of damage and survivability? What about Glacial Cascade vs. Flameblast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info