[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

I'm currently at lvl 39 and following your guide. Everytime I'm watching your stream your damage is amazing but you tend to die easily. Since I'm pretty new to the game (about 400hrs) I want to understand if your items are decent yet or if this build gets tankier?
"
BREgATRON wrote:
I'm currently at lvl 39 and following your guide. Everytime I'm watching your stream your damage is amazing but you tend to die easily. Since I'm pretty new to the game (about 400hrs) I want to understand if your items are decent yet or if this build gets tankier?

More mana, more hp, more es. But our superior tankiness is being able to kill things from range.
For those looking for a quick and easy way to convert the rest of physical to cold for Hiero, Hrimsorrow /burn is always an option.

Which dagger shaper mods are best for Hiero?
Last edited by Kylis on Mar 5, 2018, 5:43:00 AM
"
"
vanbetulla wrote:
How do you deal with the curses from Soul Mantle?

Dual Kikazaru or a simple curse removal flask, with rings grab a Self-flagellation for increased damage.

As awesome as that sounds, it also sounds near impossible to cap res this way?
Can you suggest 4 and 5 link setup for soul mantle as Hiero?
Hi I tested this build since 3.2. I'm still only level 71 and not a fantastic stuff, but I think it's lacking in life? I have 3300pdv at 71. The Dps is nice but I have the impression that the character is not very resistant? I may miss something :)
Last edited by Libard on Mar 5, 2018, 11:37:15 AM
I see a lot of different people asking about survivability. We're a caster and not really face tanky but here's the main easy things I do to make survivability work:

1) Vaal clarity means I'm always on full mana to maximize the usefulness of MoM
2) Granite flask
3) cast when damage taken immortal call + enfeeble

If you have a mainhand dagger, there's also whirling blades + fortify.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 5, 2018, 11:37:50 AM
"
Can you suggest 4 and 5 link setup for soul mantle as Hiero?

Quoting myself from a few pages ago:
"
Best thing to do is to sim it in PoB with your gear. But here's a general priority-

High gear (threshold jewels, some shaper mods, good crit):
conc / inc
ele focus / hypothermia
cold pen
controlled destruction
inc crit / faster casting (damage slightly better with crit, mapping slightly smoother with fc)

Low gear (no threshold, no shaper, meh crit):
conc / inc
added fire
ele focus / hypothermia
controlled destruction
phys to light / inc crit (only use phys to light and ele focus together)

I personally prefer the hypothermia route, for the added safety it gives while mapping.

I ranked them in order of how good they are for damage (I used an approximate gear set, may not be the same for your specific gear, but probably close).
why controlled destruction when we have a crit build? Also same thing with added fire? Shouldnt it be a added cold?
"
why controlled destruction when we have a crit build? Also same thing with added fire? Shouldnt it be a added cold?

Controlled destruction comes with a huge more damage multiplier that easily makes up for the reduced crit. You still get pretty good crit chance with a diamond flask up.

Added fire is a %scaling off physical (glacial cascade is a physical conversion skill). Added cold gives flat +cold, which with glacial cascade is way, way less damage.

You don't care about being pure cold unless you're running cold penetration. You won't be running cold penetration until you have 2x threshold jewels to get full conversion to cold. Threshold jewels are currently pretty expensive. That's why you see cold pen in the high budget setup, but added fire in the low budget setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info