[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Hey, start playing with this build.
Got a question - why we use at daggers physical damage as extra element (any) if we use 100% convertion of CG with 2 jewels or helm enchant?
How it's work?
"
RushBone wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:
OK now i think this build is more or less complete

About leveling: I start with frostbolt as the OP is advising, switching to Firestorm. But I found out that for me the best way is to rush the shortest path on the tree to Ancestral Bond and use 2 totems ASAP. Even at league start, DPS is sufficient this way, and the game itself becomes much more comfortable, you basically just rush through zones, never stop, just put totem here and there and listen to your loot filter. Later in the game I respec the passives from the shortest path to the most efficient..

hope that helps

Yeah i agree, i rushed to AB and used 2 totems as well.

I feel like I hit a little bit of a wall at level 90ish, and I'm not sure if im going to invest the hell out of the char, invest and switch a bit, or invest it into an alt.

Edit: I also like the switching to cast frost bomb and only have the one CWDT curse.
Last edited by Perce79 on Jun 14, 2018, 8:10:51 AM
"
ermakzoj wrote:
Got a question - why we use at daggers physical damage as extra element (any) if we use 100% convertion of CG with 2 jewels or helm enchant?
How it's work?

The 'Extra' damage is calculated before conversion and since GC has phys dmg it will work.
"
Perce79 wrote:

Yeah i agree, i rushed to AB and used 2 totems as well.

I feel like I hit a little bit of a wall at level 90ish, and I'm not sure if im going to invest the hell out of the char, invest and switch a bit, or invest it into an alt.

Edit: I also like the switching to cast frost bomb and only have the one CWDT curse.

actually any build hits the wall at 90-91.. after that its only minmaxing, adding dps in steps like 5-6% from each upgrade, and buying really expensive things

but if this wouldnt be so, there would be no reason to grind further... you would finish the build, kill top bosses and then... nothing.

about the frost bomb: curses work only on trash mobs and our dps is overkill for them anyway, actually t16 mobs besides of guardians are killed oneshot even from 1 totem of 5, this means we need debuff only on bosses, and frostbomb brings really a big boost compared to curses where the boss is laughing at them :)
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 14, 2018, 1:57:40 PM
"
ermakzoj wrote:
How it's work?

Look at Hrimsorrow, it says "50% of physical damage converted to cold damage"

The Shaper modifier on the daggers says "Gain 25% of physical damage as extra cold damage"

So the Hrimsorrow and the Jewels or Helm enchant all take existing Physical damage and directly converts it to Cold. However the daggers, they just count up 25% of the physical damage and then add it on top as extra cold.

It's basically the phrasing. It confused me at first too.
I'm looking at the Ascendency choices and I'm not sure about my last two points. The guide suggests Divine Guidance but Illuminated Devotion feels like it would be stronger with the life leach and increased damage.
"
Defiants wrote:
I'm looking at the Ascendency choices and I'm not sure about my last two points. The guide suggests Divine Guidance but Illuminated Devotion feels like it would be stronger with the life leach and increased damage.

I use Hatred and Watcher's Eye so I need so much mana as possible, that's my reason
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 15, 2018, 6:59:47 PM
So I've run into my first real issue which is incursions when they went up to level 79. I'm getting smashed pretty hard and I assume it's due to the chaos resistance, which is -48 for me. I did add an essence worm and regeared a bit since my last incursion, but I've been avoiding them as I try to reach level 91.

Should I look into chaos resist gear for incursions where they can spawn right on top of me?

Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jun 15, 2018, 7:36:25 PM
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
So I've run into my first real issue which is incursions when they went up to level 79. I'm getting smashed pretty hard and I assume it's due to the chaos resistance, which is -48 for me. I did add an essence worm and regeared a bit since my last incursion, but I've been avoiding them as I try to reach level 91.

Should I look into chaos resist gear for incursions where they can spawn right on top of me?

You can try to swap your Essence Worm for a Ming's Heart/ring "of Bameth" when you enter an incursion. Also, use your Atziri's Promise when you're in !
Last edited by Freredacier on Jun 15, 2018, 8:58:33 PM
Hello.

I've been enjoying this build greatly in Incursion. I was wondering though, if we try to corrupt the chest, what colours should it have? Would red be required to use empower? If yes, what do I replace it for - green cold pen or blue other support?

Z.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info