[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

I never see anyone get Force Shaper either and it seems decent for DPS. It's right next to Doom cast. A lot of the explanations I've seen while skimming through the various pages of this thread is that, typically speaking, DPS isn't peoples weak points when they're geared up. They usually want more survivability.
Last edited by Defiants on Jun 11, 2018, 9:24:10 PM
I definitely feel like DPS might be impacting my survivability in T14-T15 maps. I keep getting one shot outta nowhere; I have to play 100% focused, and use movement wisely and I survive (and portals out on bosses). Not sure if I'm missing something obvious.
"
What is Occultist Fury ?

My bad... I meant Occultist's Dominion.

Apologies and thanks for the replies.
"
Ihodael wrote:
"
What is Occultist Fury ?

My bad... I meant Occultist's Dominion.

Apologies and thanks for the replies.

This is my take on the tree (L92). I dropped the flask nodes and took some extra life and crit chance, also Occultist's Dominion. For my planned setup this will work just fine.
When it comes down to it it's all really personal preference. Experiment and see what works for you, Path of Building can help with the number crunching.

https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAPkADCUBAHn53YuMwJoJqtn8wGYEs6IA8B9o8jwF73yf35o7gpvtPNWmRUcy0evuhTKXLUlPvKqnCI9GHRSOZPemtvr60hZv42pmnnIPlG9mVFnzGjiQVVjlKhNaK6PymuBFnVNSHNyPGtgkNsWD806usTauEh8CBAeD21XGTLPQH-_rl5VSUz1frrNBltD1l_RtGQj0akO86iL0bAuTJ3_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h0OSF3yKgtwUonTjDZVS2HiJpUWv3X9hG_UQrVIJy--iqEv6-RfKgVCLJxknTpYRKEkqjbpaFoEUToWhoJYbWQzKyYDmgAAAAAA
Last edited by tsjatupa on Jun 12, 2018, 8:42:36 AM
"
I definitely feel like DPS might be impacting my survivability in T14-T15 maps. I keep getting one shot outta nowhere; I have to play 100% focused, and use movement wisely and I survive (and portals out on bosses). Not sure if I'm missing something obvious.

Same thing happens to me. Everything goes great then bang one shot. There are two things that helped me a lot though.

First of all, I have to play more carefully. I was used to playing my essence drain guy and shield charging into the middle of packs. Cannot do that now.

More importantly, one spot I think gives me a better feeling is when using a five link like you are as well, putting in faster casting instead of increased AOE while mapping increased my survivability. That way getting the totems town and the glacial cascade starting to knock off those first few magic mobs that hit hard happens a split second sooner, which makes a big difference. Try that out.
I can't figure out where to look for survival. I have 3 000 health. Help me.
В ожидании аукциона.
"
destle wrote:
I can't figure out where to look for survival. I have 3 000 health. Help me.

I would do the below, but it's up to you.

- Respec the 3 points at Celestial Judgement
- Take the Ele end Spell start nodes instead of strength nodes (might need to temporarily respec an extra node or 2 somewhere).
- Use the 3 respec points you have (+1 somewhere) for 2 jewel sockets and put in The Long Winter jewels so you don't have to use Hrimsorrow anymore and swap in a good rare with life and resist.
- swap helmet for good rare with life and resist (+10% rarity loss is negligible).
- Now that you have more res, you could also swap boots for Kaom's Roots for nice life boost.

Try and see if it helps.
OK now i think this build is more or less complete

Uber Atziri done for very first time, directly deathless
Vaal Temple first time this league, deathless
Uber Elder very first time, seen videos tried to understand the mechanics, died once then killed him

As any build, this one needs investitions to shine
But I would say you don't need +1 body or Watcher's Eye
Really important is dual wield and at least 2x "gain" on both
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 13, 2018, 3:19:28 PM
"
RushBone wrote:

Uber Elder very first time, seen videos tried to understand the mechanics, died once then killed him

Is this your gear for all content? No essence worm or Kaoms and dual kika instead? I was thinking of trying this out exactly because I hate Kaoms.
"
Perce79 wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:

Is this your gear for all content? No essence worm or Kaoms and dual kika instead? I was thinking of trying this out exactly because I hate Kaoms.

yeah I am mega lazy and not really a piano player which means NO flask curse removal :)
Kikazaru rings are really useful besides of curse reduction, huge regen mana/life and useful stats and l.res.

Edit:
Actually earlier I always used Devoto's Devotion in this build (Abyss, Bestiary and Flashback) and never cared about dexterity. I would probably never find out that Rat's Nest is better, but on the 2-3 day of the league noone enchanted Devoto's and I could only choose between Rat's Nest and Starkonia's and the choice was simple as I always want 40+ base movement speed. I had to take the 30% dex passive on the tree for a period of time, but eventually was able to fix the lacking dex with gear. Templar looks funny in Rat's and the damage boost is also cool, Devoto's was actually reducing damage instead, I will never use it again for GC :)

About leveling: I start with frostbolt as the OP is advising, switching to Firestorm. But I found out that for me the best way is to rush the shortest path on the tree to Ancestral Bond and use 2 totems ASAP. Even at league start, DPS is sufficient this way, and the game itself becomes much more comfortable, you basically just rush through zones, never stop, just put totem here and there and listen to your loot filter. Later in the game I respec the passives from the shortest path to the most efficient..

hope that helps
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 14, 2018, 5:33:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info