[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Thanks for the guide. First time beating The Shaper myself. I was surprised by how fast he died. My builds from previous leagues always had DPS issues on Shaper, so I would end up buying the challenge completion. My setup for Shaper was:

"

I tried Uber Atziri earlier in the league, and I failed pretty badly. My gear is much better now, but I'm afraid to try again because it's so expensive. Looking back on it, I was using Heralds instead of Wrath, and that may have been my problem... Getting Herald damage reflected by the mirror Atziri. I was dying instantly for seemingly no reason, even though I was attacking the lightning (blue arm) clone.
With Ele Focus your Heralds will do nothing except giving you the small amount of flat damage to attacks. You can neither freeze nor shock. Atziri reflects always 2% of ele and phys damage back to the attacker. But with Primeval Force and the instant claw leech that shouldn't be a problem.
So this is where I'm at with the build right now, and I've spent a good deal on this gear but it still feels a bit weak considering how much i've put in. Obviously, I need a 6l chest but I'm not sure where else to improve next. Can anyone take a look at my setup/pob and give a couple recommendations? https://pastebin.com/dz2mV9WA

"
Your claw is absolutely horrible. Low AS, Low Crit and Low DPS. Chaos damage will not be scaled at all.
Hello again,

Ok, I have a question about Wrhath + Vaal Haste. If we want to use those specific gems what do I sacrifice for it? Wrath is viable for ele claw build or is it better with physical builds? Will playstyle change if i use those gems? So many questions..

I played around in Path of building with wrath+vaal haste and it raised my dps incredibly much. Havent tried it in the game yet.

If you feel like going in detail about this it would be nice.

Thnx!
Wrath will give you more damage then the combination of herald of ice and herald of thunder. Additionally it enables the usage of a watchers eye with a conversion mod (which are very cheap this league). This can further boost your damage. However, HoI is not mainly used for its damage boost, but because the secondary effect of the herald will improve your clear speed significantly. So you need to choose between pure damage and mapping speed.

Vaal Haste on the other hand fits very well into this build. But keep in mind that this build lacks gem sockets (and you want to link your VH with inc. duration). I personally do not use the OoS + PCoC setup. For bosses up to to T15 there is really no use for that and instruments of virtue can be procced with Blood rage or Flame dash (which i like to have in my setup to cross gaps)
What pDPS should I target on a claw if I want to use Wrath + Watcher's eye ? My guess is the higher the better but what's a good pDPS to start with ?
"
Sollkomol wrote:
Wrath will give you more damage then the combination of herald of ice and herald of thunder. Additionally it enables the usage of a watchers eye with a conversion mod (which are very cheap this league). This can further boost your damage. However, HoI is not mainly used for its damage boost, but because the secondary effect of the herald will improve your clear speed significantly. So you need to choose between pure damage and mapping speed.

Vaal Haste on the other hand fits very well into this build. But keep in mind that this build lacks gem sockets (and you want to link your VH with inc. duration). I personally do not use the OoS + PCoC setup. For bosses up to to T15 there is really no use for that and instruments of virtue can be procced with Blood rage or Flame dash (which i like to have in my setup to cross gaps)

Could you explain the mechanics behind wrath and watchers eye for people who are pretty new to this setup (or the game it self).

What does watchers eye do for wrath? Do i have to go physical for wrath to be good or can i stay as elemental? Those kind of things ;)

Oh and regarding map clearing. I took of my weapon yesterday, and equipped my 1 chaos claw, just for testing things. Speed didnt change a bit. As a new player i havent seen the problem people have with clearing maps. I bought minotaur map and cleared that one as well just to see if i can manage higher maps. minotaru was a joke by the way. Maps are pretty much gg with this build with out without Herald of ice or wrath and so on.

So my problem is more like "how do i kill Shaper in 4 sec".. I want to maximize my sngle target dps as much as i can since maping is gg no matter what i do, almost.
Last edited by Dhemonlord on Jul 3, 2018, 9:37:26 AM
I would say that mapping with MS sucks balls and that the HoI explosions are absolutely mandatory for a decent mapping speed. I would also say that it doesn't matter if you kill the shaper in 4 or 5.5 seconds. But however, its up to you.

When you have a look on the skill tree and on the items this build normally utilize, you will realize, that physical damage will not be scaled with this build. There are no modifiers in the skill tree (or in the gear or in the gems, ...) that provide a benefit for physical damage. That means, that nearly every flat amount of physical damage is wasted (thats not exactly true, because critical strike chance and multiplier will also upscale physical damage. But the amount of physical damage this build deals on an enemy is very low. So for simplification, lets say physical damage is wasted.) The cool thing about MS is, that it already converts 60% of your phys to fire. That means that only 40% of your physical damage is wasted. But lets assume you have a high amount of physical damage (e.g. from your weapon and/or abyssus). You do not want to waste damage, right? So you need to convert the remaining 40% physical damage to elemental damage. And the cheapest way to do this is by wearing a watchers eye with the mod "#% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath" (cheapest means you do not need to waste a gear slot and/or skill points) . Thats it. Now nearly 100% (depends on the watchers ey roll) of your phys is converted to elemental damage and will be scaled such fine. You are now free to grab any weapon with the highest dps the market has to offer. It doesnt matter if its physical or elemental damage (as long as it is not chaos damage :))

Last edited by Sollkomol on Jul 3, 2018, 10:06:37 AM
"
Sollkomol wrote:
With Ele Focus your Heralds will do nothing except giving you the small amount of flat damage to attacks. You can neither freeze nor shock. Atziri reflects always 2% of ele and phys damage back to the attacker. But with Primeval Force and the instant claw leech that shouldn't be a problem.

Huh, I didn't realize Heralds couldn't freeze/shock if you had Elemental Focus on your main attack skill. I thought they would only be affected if you linked Elemental Focus directly to the Herald. Clear speed still seems good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info