[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
Collozeus wrote:
How important is the flat added damage? I picked up a bunch of flat life/% life with crit multi on, but don't have any jewels with flat added apart from maybe 1. What is the damage difference between flat added and all crit multi?

It's a balance between the two. If you get a lot of flat added and no crit multi, you will have less damage. If you get a lot of crit multi and skimp on the flat added damage, you will have less damage. So it's about balancing those stats to effectively manage your particular build. Crit multi is more difficult to get though--so that is more highly valued. As such, initially I focus on getting flat added damage and then work to find the rare and expensive crit multi jewels which slowly replace about half of the flat added damage jewels.
Should I stick with this claw, or start looking for one with T1 attack speed? I bought this one a while ago because it had a lot of nice mods, but the attack speed is kind of lacking.

Thanks for making this build. I'm enjoying it, although I've had bad luck in fusing my armor. I'm stuck with a 5-link for the moment. Hopefully it won't take 3k fusings to 6-link this one.
"
Krantarr wrote:

So here's my items above.

I did a copy of his pastebin and put it into POE builder and I'm not exactly sure why he's at like 400k dps and I'm only at 40k. I'm not really sure where all that damage is coming from. I selected very similar options and am a bit lost.

Is the switch to Wrath with the Elder gem really that huge of a DPS increase? I noticed in the guide that he doesn't really emphasize the importance of added elemental damage rolls on his items/gems.

Sorry I'm a newbie and am trying to figure this build out as I enjoy it immensely but I'm not seeing where his jump is. Granted his items are very good, but I don't see it. Any help appreciated.

I noticed the same thing, and I'm confused as well. When I use the PoB link, I can remove his helmet, gloves, every single jewel, change the claw to Oblivion Song, and switch his armor to a 5-link with Ancestral Call instead of Elemental Focus+Concentrated Effect, and his build still deals more damage.

I must be messing up my PoB configuration, because my current gear doesn't seem that bad to me... I start to struggle around T14/T15 map bosses, but overall, things are pretty good.
Last edited by Goofio on Jun 13, 2018, 5:01:18 AM
"
Goofio wrote:
"
Krantarr wrote:

So here's my items above.

I did a copy of his pastebin and put it into POE builder and I'm not exactly sure why he's at like 400k dps and I'm only at 40k. I'm not really sure where all that damage is coming from. I selected very similar options and am a bit lost.

Is the switch to Wrath with the Elder gem really that huge of a DPS increase? I noticed in the guide that he doesn't really emphasize the importance of added elemental damage rolls on his items/gems.

Sorry I'm a newbie and am trying to figure this build out as I enjoy it immensely but I'm not seeing where his jump is. Granted his items are very good, but I don't see it. Any help appreciated.

I noticed the same thing, and I'm confused as well. When I use the PoB link, I can remove his helmet, gloves, every single jewel, change the claw to Oblivion Song, and switch his armor to a 5-link with Ancestral Call instead of Elemental Focus+Concentrated Effect, and his build still deals more damage.

I must be messing up my PoB configuration, because my current gear doesn't seem that bad to me... I start to struggle around T14/T15 map bosses, but overall, things are pretty good.

Similarly to how I answered his post, I think you need to invest into 2 socket tombfists and pick up some flat damage and attack speed or multi on abyss jewels.

Your weapon should be changed in my opinion, I started with a poe trade search for 20% attack speed and critical chance and 200+ ele dps. Crit multi on weapon is a plus but least important.

Biscos obviously doesn't help in damage or defence department but aside from that, look for another ring with a mix of crit and wed while maintaining life/res as needed.

Lastly, the obvious 6l and increased projectiles through helm enchant and dying sun will significantly boost dps.
Would this build work if you switched it up a bit to use Ice Crash?

I'm still a noob when it comes to not following guides, but I started to play a Templar for the first time this league (he's my fourth character over all, ignoring my first ever Duelist where I tried to do it all myself and failed miserably).

I levelled up a Duelist Champion before this, using a Cyclone build, and it was good fun. It was while messing with that that I tried out Herald of Ice, and I wanted to try a Templar ice explosion... build thing.

My general idea was probably a bit messy at first, so I ended up looking at builds instead! I think this one is really appealing 'cause I'd like a face-tanky character for a change of pace.

If I swapped things around a bit (accounting for the build start I already have, cause I'm already at 25) would it work: http://poeurl.com/bYsU

I'd be using Ice Crash with a Frostbreath, I think.
"
BlRTH wrote:
Similarly to how I answered his post, I think you need to invest into 2 socket tombfists and pick up some flat damage and attack speed or multi on abyss jewels.

Your weapon should be changed in my opinion, I started with a poe trade search for 20% attack speed and critical chance and 200+ ele dps. Crit multi on weapon is a plus but least important.

Biscos obviously doesn't help in damage or defence department but aside from that, look for another ring with a mix of crit and wed while maintaining life/res as needed.

Lastly, the obvious 6l and increased projectiles through helm enchant and dying sun will significantly boost dps.

Those are good tips. I'm definitely going to add some of those items, I've just been having bad luck with the 6-link. I've been pouring most of my currency into fusings, which has stalled the rest of my gearing.
Last edited by Goofio on Jun 13, 2018, 7:31:32 PM
Anyone know roughly what tooltip and crit multiplier you should be sitting at when levelled and geared?
"
Collozeus wrote:
Anyone know roughly what tooltip and crit multiplier you should be sitting at when levelled and geared?

I'm not sure about tool tip, as it's not the best way to look at DPS for Molten Strike, but I'd be shooting for a crit multi of something over 400. That's not too difficult to get and more than enough for Guardians/Shaper. Obviously more is better, but it's still a balance of flat added elemental damage and crit multi to maximize DPS.
Hi GornoDD,

first of all thanks so much for the very detailed guide and your continued maintenance of the thread.
Since I'm not a good mechanical player, I was looking at this build to finally experience endgame with. A couple of questions:

- I'm playing SSF, so getting certain uniques is not guaranteed. As far as I can see, you either need Lycosidae or Ornament of the East to "finish" this build. In case RNG is cruel to me, what rare options are there for real endgame?

- I do not particularly like Molten Strike as a skill. I saw that you mentioned Lightning Strike and BF as alternatives. Did you test the real endgame with these skills?

Did you try uber elder / uber atziri / hall of grandmasters with this build? Given that my mechanics are raather mediocre, how doable is the hardest content of the game with your setup?
Hi i have question about ur build....I have problem, because everywhere u have some different build and i cant precise what to put on me and i have problem with gems, i want use wrath enlighten and haste but i have either enfeeble and blasphemy. Now i use wrath, enfeeble+ blasphemy reservd but i cant use one gem, haste....because i dont have mana space reservd for haste. Can u help me why? I have englihten lvl2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info