[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Can someone explain me why we use added lightning damage gem although increased critical damage and slower projectiles gives 10k+ dps according to pob?
Last edited by deimudda69 on Jun 11, 2018, 8:13:30 PM
I've been going through the guide several times and I can't seem to understand how this gem combo works,
everyone i talk to say that the Ice explosion from the Herald of Ice gem needs to do the killing blow for me to get onslaught, and that I will never get onslaught on bosses. Could someone care to explain?

Other then that, is there anything you guys would improve with this gear? I'm currently trying to get gloves to 4 link so that I can drop herald of thunder in them aswell.

Why do we use lvl 1 Orb of Storms and not lvl 20? Am I missing something?
playing this build this league, currently level 58. just started using blood rage, and noticed this tree barely gets any regen. I'm currently using ornament of the east so i have a ton of life on hit, but the degen still kinda annoys me since with bloodmagic on my movement skill i can be at like ~70% after 1 or 2 uses before i get to the next pack. how do you guys manage blood rage damage?
"
meltedopen wrote:
Why do we use lvl 1 Orb of Storms and not lvl 20? Am I missing something?

I think because its just to proc power charges since higher lvl Orb of Storms just gives more dmg which we dont need on it and we spend less mana with lower lvl of Orb of Storms.

So here's my items above.

I did a copy of his pastebin and put it into POE builder and I'm not exactly sure why he's at like 400k dps and I'm only at 40k. I'm not really sure where all that damage is coming from. I selected very similar options and am a bit lost.

Is the switch to Wrath with the Elder gem really that huge of a DPS increase? I noticed in the guide that he doesn't really emphasize the importance of added elemental damage rolls on his items/gems.

Sorry I'm a newbie and am trying to figure this build out as I enjoy it immensely but I'm not seeing where his jump is. Granted his items are very good, but I don't see it. Any help appreciated.
"
Krantarr wrote:

So here's my items above.

I did a copy of his pastebin and put it into POE builder and I'm not exactly sure why he's at like 400k dps and I'm only at 40k. I'm not really sure where all that damage is coming from. I selected very similar options and am a bit lost.

Is the switch to Wrath with the Elder gem really that huge of a DPS increase? I noticed in the guide that he doesn't really emphasize the importance of added elemental damage rolls on his items/gems.

Sorry I'm a newbie and am trying to figure this build out as I enjoy it immensely but I'm not seeing where his jump is. Granted his items are very good, but I don't see it. Any help appreciated.

Quick feedback as I am at work right now.
Look for claw with with crit strike chance rather than multi, it is more valuable. Also look for higher damage rolls.

On both rings, try to get more crit and % elemental damage to attacks. Don't worry about flat added ele damage on these.

On your amulet, look for crit multi and elemental damage as well.

Consider swapping gloves to 2 abyss socket tombfist once you can afford that and some more abyss jewels.

With all this is mind, it is going to be harder to balance resistances. If you are low on money consider dropping the stygisn belt and look for something with good life and more res, and perhaps crafted weapon ele damage.

Same thing with boots, more life and resists.

Lastly, constantly be on the lookout for better abyss jewels with flat added damage, life, and multi or attack speed.

This is all i can help with right now, feel free to take a look at my incursion character for example gear.

EDIT: Also look up what quality does on each gem and decide what's valuable. All your molten strike linked gems should benefit from quality.

EDIT2: Look at the supports I use with my molten strike. I found this combination to be much better.
Last edited by BlRTH on Jun 12, 2018, 10:17:16 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I will definitely look into this. I have to look over the guide again but I wish I picked up on the flat added damage.

I'm also at work. Don't get into trouble!! :P
"
Krantarr wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply. I will definitely look into this. I have to look over the guide again but I wish I picked up on the flat added damage.

I'm also at work. Don't get into trouble!! :P

Haha, I will try not to!

Also to add onto my previous post real quick, I believe wrath is more damage; however, I definitely prefer the 2 heralds because it gives us much better clear speed with shatters.

And since we should have a lot of flat ele damage to attacks from abyss jewels, it's pretty negligible to look for on gear (besides weapon) as it will only make gearing more expensive.
How important is the flat added damage? I picked up a bunch of flat life/% life with crit multi on, but don't have any jewels with flat added apart from maybe 1. What is the damage difference between flat added and all crit multi?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info