[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
gallaghd wrote:
You think this build will still be kick ass even with change to ascendancy... And just overall in 3.2

Its hard to say when there stil is no info about the exact details. Looking at Berserker aside from the Leech Nerf for Casters it got actually buffed overall. Considering this I think we might dodge a BIG NERF. Maybe we even get somthing really cool and new.
Last edited by GornoDD on Feb 17, 2018, 3:18:06 AM
I don't suspect most of the people who would find this post most useful will see it. I hadn't played in 3 years until the start of this league. I chose to follow this guide. I played aggressively, 10 or more hours a day most days of the week. Leveling after 92 was very slow, I am 94 right now. I die A LOT. I have 6000 hp, 100+% resists, 36% evasion, and the other defensive stats that come with this build. I took some nodes for bonus life leech rate because as someone who didn't know what they were doing at first it seemed that was a principle defensive mechanism, it still does.

Did I say I die a lot? This build kills me a lot. Don't get me wrong, the offensive ability is great, and the leech can return your life to max in less than a second (everything important in this game happens in much less than 1 second), but I get single shot often. I could make the next 100 sentences of this post a repetition of the word often. It's important that if you are reading this that you take the word 'often' literally. Probably 5-6 times a day, which means leveling is restricted to running maps tier 12 and under. The monsters from any abyss at tier 12 or higher can 1 shot you, and they will, often. 1 shot, absolutely, dead without immortal call doing a thing. Full life to nothing, every time. This game doesn't provide you with a combat log or any clue at all about what is killing you or what direction to move in to prevent it. That's tangential.

I have about 2000 chaos, 25 exalts, 600 alchs, 250 regals, 77 58 38 sextants, I've used probably 40 divines, 10000 alterations, and have 200 exalts in items.

I think this outcome should be taken as representative. I am better off than if I had played without its guidance, but I have not killed shaper which was my principle goal, despite following this guide and its adjustments as well as was possible. For anyone looking here for what to do, its fun, but you may not achieve what the creator of this build did. I have 6 maze of the minotaur maps, but nothing else to get me to shaper. If I could do things over again, I think I would go reave. I'm playing my ass off trying to get to shaper before the league ends, but that will probably go as well as my last portal being closed with uber atziri at 75%.

Overall grade: 7/10
"
gbiota1 wrote:
I don't suspect most of the people who would find this post most useful will see it. I hadn't played in 3 years until the start of this league. I chose to follow this guide. I played aggressively, 10 or more hours a day most days of the week. Leveling after 92 was very slow, I am 94 right now. I die A LOT. I have 6000 hp, 100+% resists, 36% evasion, and the other defensive stats that come with this build. I took some nodes for bonus life leech rate because as someone who didn't know what they were doing at first it seemed that was a principle defensive mechanism, it still does.

Did I say I die a lot? This build kills me a lot. Don't get me wrong, the offensive ability is great, and the leech can return your life to max in less than a second (everything important in this game happens in much less than 1 second), but I get single shot often. I could make the next 100 sentences of this post a repetition of the word often. It's important that if you are reading this that you take the word 'often' literally. Probably 5-6 times a day, which means leveling is restricted to running maps tier 12 and under. The monsters from any abyss at tier 12 or higher can 1 shot you, and they will, often. 1 shot, absolutely, dead without immortal call doing a thing. Full life to nothing, every time. This game doesn't provide you with a combat log or any clue at all about what is killing you or what direction to move in to prevent it. That's tangential.

I have about 2000 chaos, 25 exalts, 600 alchs, 250 regals, 77 58 38 sextants, I've used probably 40 divines, 10000 alterations, and have 200 exalts in items.

I think this outcome should be taken as representative. I am better off than if I had played without its guidance, but I have not killed shaper which was my principle goal, despite following this guide and its adjustments as well as was possible. For anyone looking here for what to do, its fun, but you may not achieve what the creator of this build did. I have 6 maze of the minotaur maps, but nothing else to get me to shaper. If I could do things over again, I think I would go reave. I'm playing my ass off trying to get to shaper before the league ends, but that will probably go as well as my last portal being closed with uber atziri at 75%.

Im sorry this build wasnt fully satisfying for you. But with 200 exalts I could right off the bat create a character for you that is boderline Immortal even in the utmost deadly maps and encounters.

My own character Gornodd_ECI has 7,2k Life and Im playing wiht Lightning Strike (wich has quite bad single target) and im farming Uber_Atziri without even the slightest chance of dying. Chain Farming Shaper deathless while watching Twitch Streams on my second Monitor. My overall investment is about 70ex total (when helmet enchant was at 12ex).

If you post your 200ex gear here I can help you improve.
Last edited by GornoDD on Feb 17, 2018, 3:51:34 AM
Just to help gauge my DPS, I'd be interested in knowing what in hideout tooltip DPS (yes, I know this number isn't representative of actual DPS but it nonetheless should be helpful gauging gear levels in a relative sense) is for some folks playing this build w/o totem or golem up.

I'm at 37K now but have lots of upgrades to make.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Feb 17, 2018, 9:31:52 AM
"
gbiota1 wrote:

I am better off than if I had played without its guidance, but I have not killed shaper which was my principle goal, despite following this guide and its adjustments as well as was possible. For anyone looking here for what to do, its fun, but you may not achieve what the creator of this build did. I have 6 maze of the minotaur maps, but nothing else to get me to shaper.

It's shame if you not kill shaper a single time with this build with this time and currency investment.
Sad news for you - that's not about build issue,that's about your personal playstyle issue.
99% ppl in this thread who followed this guide,even those who started playing PoE recently did shaper like a cakewalk with this build.

"
gbiota1 wrote:

Probably 5-6 times a day, which means leveling is restricted to running maps tier 12 and under. The monsters from any abyss at tier 12 or higher can 1 shot you, have 200 exalts in items.

200ex gear and can't run 12+ maps what?:D
Don't be so hilarious.
Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Feb 17, 2018, 4:20:18 AM
a
Last edited by gbiota1 on Feb 17, 2018, 5:49:35 AM
"
gbiota1 wrote:

you either troll and ill give you 7/10 for typing that much or you just one of those people that buy wrong Vessel of Vinktar and ask what to improve next, if you are second type then im supersized you made it past act 10.
"
melkorien wrote:
"
digdigo wrote:
With four unique flasks and one removing bleed, how do you deal with freeze? Outside of high tier bosses, being frozen is pretty the only way I die right now.

This has been covered already, can't you read? Just kidding! So many pages for this popular build.

What I do (following Gorno's advice) is to release a couple volleys of molten justice and quickly clicking on the box. That will kill everything close to you as it spawns. I've come close to dying, but so far it has worked.

I've been doing that too, but what about actual mobs hitting you? I did a t16 with monsters with extra cold damage and crit chance, first pack killed me before I even got to them, was taken by surprise. Ended the map without bigger problems, but only because I was trying to hit the mobs before the hit me. I guess there's not much to be done here other than to trade one of the unique flasks for a remove freeze flask, and I definetely recommend that for hardcore.
English is not my first language.
"
gbiota1 wrote:

This build is very strong - if you're dying often/can't kill certain bosses - it's not the fault of this build.

If you want help, post your gear (maybe something can be improved).

Otherwise, my two cents...
=====
You can't simply run any old map you alch - obviously elemental reflect is going to cause problems, but so too will massive +damage/crit/speed/projectiles/etc. mods - too many of these mods on a single map make them extremely risky to run - put such maps aside unless you don't mind the occasional death. Use common sense when running maps - you'll hardly ever die with this build if doing so.
=====
WRT Shaper
This build has more than enough DPS to be successful v. Shaper - that said, the Shaper fight isn't all about DPS. There's a bit of learning involved - namely, dealing with those cold orbs that follow you around - as well as being able to dodge his chaos/portal/slam ability, and staying calm in phase 3 when he spawns his clone and being able to identify and attack the correct mob.

Virtually any build you try will involve learning Shaper mechanics for success, so I recommend that you search you-tube for a suitable Shaper guide, and simply have a bit of patience while learning the fight.
====
Your complaint about this build not being budget is, I think justified - however, this build guide seems to have originated many leagues ago as a Blade Flurry guide - since that time, many things have changed.

IMO - this build isn't "budget" - helm enchant is massively expensive - top-of-the-line claws are not cheap. Good rings will cost 1ex+. That said, if you're very skilled you can kill all content w/o all this top-line gear - nonetheless, players experiencing top-end content for the first time expecting to purchase OP's gear on a budget, will be disappointed.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Feb 17, 2018, 9:03:02 AM
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
"
gbiota1 wrote:

I am better off than if I had played without its guidance, but I have not killed shaper which was my principle goal, despite following this guide and its adjustments as well as was possible. For anyone looking here for what to do, its fun, but you may not achieve what the creator of this build did. I have 6 maze of the minotaur maps, but nothing else to get me to shaper.

It's shame if you not kill shaper a single time with this build with this time and currency investment.
Sad news for you - that's not about build issue,that's about your personal playstyle issue.
99% ppl in this thread who followed this guide,even those who started playing PoE recently did shaper like a cakewalk with this build.

"
gbiota1 wrote:

Probably 5-6 times a day, which means leveling is restricted to running maps tier 12 and under. The monsters from any abyss at tier 12 or higher can 1 shot you, have 200 exalts in items.

200ex gear and can't run 12+ maps what?:D
Don't be so hilarious.

200 ex`s? i dont see 200 on ur gear bro ( 200 is not enouth if u want farm shaper for example

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info