[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Honestly I wouldn't use either one of them with the lack of Crit Multiplier. That 400 eDPS claw is a 23K dps downgrade from my 248 eDPS Gemini Claw that I probably paid less than 3ex for. As the OP said, don't get too hung up over the flat ele damage stats -- on the weapon they are nowhere near as important as AtkSpd, Crit Chance and Crit Multi.

Now, once you try upgrading to a weapon with AS, CC, CM (with non-crap tier rolls) + 2-3 ele damage rolls.. prepare to sell your soul, the "decent" ones start at 25ex and the "Great" ones like OP has don't even go up for sale. I sacrificed cold damage stat for +mana for the sake of saving 25ex or so.. and I still hit 230K tooltip with Ele Focus in (520K in PoB with Melee Hit, 235K with Magma Balls).

So, maybe look around for something that's very good but has a missing ele dmg roll. Cold would be the best to sacrifice since it's likely to be your lowest elemental type anyway. Lightning is the most important as it rolls the highest and we stack it.
Last edited by bewsii on Jan 11, 2018, 7:36:47 AM
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
"
tirrorex wrote:

By MS boss tooltip you mean with golem, ancestral protector and flasks up right ?

Just golem,no Ancestral Protector/flasks/Instruments proc.
Non-VP tree,3r3b Chest(No really needed the new 4r2B setup,and not wanna spend another 300-400 chroms to roll it)
With Ancestral/Blood Rage/Flasks/Double instruments proc it about 370k tooltip.
With Vaal haste even more mb like 400k,can't use it in h/o.
Spoiler

Spoiler

I see, i checked you gear a bit on poetrade, 12 exalt the amulet, rip !
I will try to upgrade but it's hard to farm with efficiency at my level (without sextant and shit)
"
"
Tyraelmx wrote:
"
Bit confused; can anyone explain why the first (elder) claw gives more DPS than the second both in tooltip, and in Path of building?

I'm using an attack speed jewel which gives me +17% AS total, so I'm not too worried about the attack speed on my claw.

Very likely because the elder one got aps 2.x and more crit. these stats on a weapon are more important than some may think.

I edited my OP to outline the giant eDPS difference. Whilst the differences in the APS/CC between the claws aren't quite negligible, they're nowhere near the difference between the eDPS.

anyways, the APS and crit making still a bigger difference. that's because in comparison the non-elder one just got lots more flat shock dmg, since youre getting much of it alone with added lightning dmg it' s just not as much worth as APS and crit.

at some point dimishing return hits like a wall. like if you go over 50% crit chance. it's not worth.
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
"
So I just got this (by anulling a bad mod) is this worth a multi craft and put on 2nd resist, life, and flat ele? or something else?

Implicit base number still low(my opinion).
It can have up to 25%.
So if i would craft for myself with possible multicraft,i'd better get a 24-25% white base,there a lot of them on poe.trade in 10-15c range with 24-25% implicit.

It's a lot easier to throw a few blessed orbs than get a new base

So the Vinktar thing would be why I'm getting one shotted.[/quote]

And you should read the freaking guide... 2% phys leech claw.... lol[/quote]

You Ok pal? Claw had nothing to do with me getting one shot.
"
Tyraelmx wrote:
"
Bit confused; can anyone explain why the first (elder) claw gives more DPS than the second both in tooltip, and in Path of building?

I'm using an attack speed jewel which gives me +17% AS total, so I'm not too worried about the attack speed on my claw.

Very likely because the elder one got aps 2.x and more crit. these stats on a weapon are more important than some may think.

Heres just a quick test from my PoB-Gear released with this Build Guide. If you compare a White Imperial Claw with a Magic Imperial Claw that has only one T1 roll of those following stats. Heres the results:

- T1 Attack Speed is about 26,9% More damage.
- T1 CritChance is about 25,4% More damage.
- T1 Elemental Damaage of one type is ~ 15% More Damage.
- T1 Increased Physical Damage is about 11% More Damage
- T1 Crit Multi is about 7% More Damage
- T1 % Elemental Damage is about 7% More Damage

Ofc the test has confounders like the dependence of some stat on each other. But the test is still rather precise.
Last edited by GornoDD on Jan 11, 2018, 11:35:37 AM
"
bewsii wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't use either one of them with the lack of Crit Multiplier. That 400 eDPS claw is a 23K dps downgrade from my 248 eDPS Gemini Claw that I probably paid less than 3ex for. As the OP said, don't get too hung up over the flat ele damage stats -- on the weapon they are nowhere near as important as AtkSpd, Crit Chance and Crit Multi.

Now, once you try upgrading to a weapon with AS, CC, CM (with non-crap tier rolls) + 2-3 ele damage rolls.. prepare to sell your soul, the "decent" ones start at 25ex and the "Great" ones like OP has don't even go up for sale. I sacrificed cold damage stat for +mana for the sake of saving 25ex or so.. and I still hit 230K tooltip with Ele Focus in (520K in PoB with Melee Hit, 235K with Magma Balls).

So, maybe look around for something that's very good but has a missing ele dmg roll. Cold would be the best to sacrifice since it's likely to be your lowest elemental type anyway. Lightning is the most important as it rolls the highest and we stack it.

This.

I think it is especially true in Abyssal league where you can have tons on flat ele dmg on jewels.

For example, the claw I use gives me fairly strong damage despite the lack of flat ele dmg.
I bought it for less than 1 ex (without the crafted mod) but I am pretty positive that, for this build, it beats ele claws which are worth more than 10ex.
IGN : Fainting_Smile
"
dhise wrote:

So the Vinktar thing would be why I'm getting one shotted.

And you should read the freaking guide... 2% phys leech claw.... lol[/quote]

You Ok pal? Claw had nothing to do with me getting one shot.[/quote]

I think a 2% phys leech claw sucks in comparison to one with life on hit, don't think you get much leech with that. (no expert, but I think thats kinda the point of the whole build??)
Last edited by Lexodus on Jan 11, 2018, 11:47:05 AM
First time posting, first time killing Shaper.
Thank you sir for a good guide!
"
Blandula wrote:

I bought it for less than 1 ex (without the crafted mod) but I am pretty positive that, for this build, it beats ele claws which are worth more than 10ex.

You bought it for less than 1 ex only because the seller was a newcomer or just noob,who not even checked what crafted mods it can have,and what price with multi it can easy be sold.
Being lucky doesn't changed the fact that this is 8-12EX range claw.
I'm bought about the same one for 9Ex about a week ago(bought it also without multi crafted mod,was searching poe.trade with poe.affix,i'm currently equiping this claw),rolled fire mod after myself with exalting.

Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Jan 11, 2018, 1:08:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info