[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
Gregoriensten wrote:
"
tirrorex wrote:

Since i linked my ancestral protector with blind and culling strike (which seems useless with good dps) could i replace culling strike with frenzy?
I assume the frenzy charges will be for me and not the ancestral protector?

Frenzy is an attack skill gem, so it means you will need to attack with it 3 times in order to gain 3 Frenzy charges, then proceed to dps with your Molten Strike. If you add Multistrike, it means you will need to "attack" only once to gain the 3 charges. Otherwise you will need to hit the shortcut 3 times to make those 3 attacks.
And of course your Ancestral Protector will not benefit from it, since it is a separate skill gem.

On a sidenote, when you have reached a good overall gear, you can toss in an abyss jewel with %chance to Blind on hits (3% to 6%). I use one myself. It adds a defensive layer to the setup considering all the Molten Strikes projectiles and the fast attack speed.

I checked poe wiki, unfortunatly mulstrike will not proc more charges :/
Got a 8% onslaught jewel already, didn't think to use blind too, it would free one gem slot :)
"
Gregoriensten wrote:
"

Have you tried essence of horror gloves instead of thunderfist? Should be better damage at higher gear levels, and isn't as expensive as a GG elder/shaper glove.

I did not test that, and I don't plan too, as I am satisfied with the Thunderfist setup.
I honestly don't really see the benefit of an essence of horror pair of gloves, we don't really need the increased critical strike chance. I already am at 44% crit chance with Frost Blades (53% with Power charges), and with the Diamond Flask the effective crit chance is around 69% already (78% with Power charges). +3,5% base crit chance would be overkill, unless you plan on ditching the Diamond Flask (which I wouldn't do)
And for this you would only have a 4L to support your secondary "clearing" skill, whereas Thunderfists provides you with a 5L and rare elder/shaped gripped gloves a 6L.

3.5% base crit is better than an inc crit support, so I'd certainly consider it a "5L."

The purpose of crit is consistency. Our damage is overkill anyway on trash, but any time you swing your weapon and don't crit, you aren't killing things. I always run inc crit in my trash clearing setup, whether that's molten strike, frost blades, reave, wild strike... Horror is like 1 and a half inc crit gems.

I imported you into PoB to mess with it, and while thunderfists show a bit higher average damage (6%-10% depending how well rolled you make the gloves), horror gloves cause you to whiff (fail to crit) half as often.

Whiffs slow you down, and are annoying, at least they are for me. I want every attack to be followed by a satisfying shattering of monsters.

"
"

I might just need to make room for flame dash so I can cross the damn abysses.

I personnally use Lightning Warp-Reduced Duration on a scepter with "Gems are supported with Faster Casting" in one of my secondary weapons set slot (I use 2 rare scepters, providing a lot of Increased cast speed, one of them with this affix, that I bought for a couple alch each). I just press X (shortcut for swapping sets), then Z (azerty keyboard, shortcut for Lightning Warp when the secondary set is equiped), then X again to swap back to primary set whenever I need to go over an obstacle. It's fast and I still have 4 slots in secondary set to level gems this way.

Yeah this is a fine setup for moving around the map and getting up ledges and stuff, but it is too clunky for the in combat use I was describing - at least I've found it to be when I've tried it on previous builds.
Hi all!
What can u tell me about Devoto +3 projectiles? It costs 5-6 ex, but Starconja +2 over 8 ex. So what's better?
IGN: Javana
"
Orlog wrote:
Hi all!
What can u tell me about Devoto +3 projectiles? It costs 5-6 ex, but Starconja +2 over 8 ex. So what's better?

To nobody's great surprise, the more expensive one is better.

Devoto's is inferior damage to rat's nest, and inferior life to starkonja. The move speed is sort of nice, but we already shield charge at a million miles an hour.

If the question is whether devoto's with the enchant is better than rat's nest without the enchant, yes, the enchant is very good. If the question is whether it is "worth" buying it for 5 ex, that's really a subjective call.
"
"
Orlog wrote:
Hi all!

To nobody's great surprise, the more expensive one is better.

Devoto's is inferior damage to rat's nest, and inferior life to starkonja. The move speed is sort of nice, but we already shield charge at a million miles an hour.

If the question is whether devoto's with the enchant is better than rat's nest without the enchant, yes, the enchant is very good. If the question is whether it is "worth" buying it for 5 ex, that's really a subjective call.

TY, the best way for me is bying +2 Starkonja.
IGN: Javana
"
tirrorex wrote:

Got a 8% onslaught jewel already, didn't think to use blind too, it would free one gem slot :)

Damn, my bad, I assumed it would. Never tried it though! Then I guess if you wanted Frenzy charges on boss you could do Frenzy-Faster Attacks on that 2L setup.
Or don't bother and do not use Frenzy charges on bosses, you don't need them anyway ;)
"

3.5% base crit is better than an inc crit support, so I'd certainly consider it a "5L."

The purpose of crit is consistency. Our damage is overkill anyway on trash, but any time you swing your weapon and don't crit, you aren't killing things. I always run inc crit in my trash clearing setup, whether that's molten strike, frost blades, reave, wild strike... Horror is like 1 and a half inc crit gems.

I imported you into PoB to mess with it, and while thunderfists show a bit higher average damage (6%-10% depending how well rolled you make the gloves), horror gloves cause you to whiff (fail to crit) half as often.

Whiffs slow you down, and are annoying, at least they are for me. I want every attack to be followed by a satisfying shattering of monsters.

You certainly make a valid point, I didn't think about considering the +3.5% crit chance as a pseudo 5th link. Horror'ed gripped gloves seem to be a good base for a clearing setup when presented like this.
However, I still think that the Thunderfists' way is the less expensive one out of the three, by a good margin. I might try one of the other solutions when I am satisfied with every other piece of gear.

I guess it's down to personal preferences, habits, and wealth :)

"

Yeah this is a fine setup for moving around the map and getting up ledges and stuff, but it is too clunky for the in combat use I was describing - at least I've found it to be when I've tried it on previous builds.

For sure having to swap weapons set mid-fight, cast Lightning Warp and swap back to main set is not ideal when things are hectic. It can feel a bit clunky, but as you get used to it and develop muscle memory this feeling diminishes.
I use this mainly to move around the map as you say, but also on abysses from time to time.
Here again, personnal preferences and habits come in to play, but I would advocate to at least try it on a somewhat extended period of time in order to see if one gets used to it.
Last edited by Gregoriensten on Jan 9, 2018, 10:13:07 AM
Is Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics really better than Iron Reflexes with this build? We save 2 passives point with IR : on POB I am around 63% Physical damage reduction and 5% evade Versus 8% Physical reduction 57% evade 40% Dodge Attack 30% Dodge spell with acrobatics. I may take less damage in the long term with acrobatics but I feel that with the Hugh amount of life per hit we got we are more afraid by bigger hit/oneshot than constant damage.

What are your opinions about that?
"
Gregoriensten wrote:

You certainly make a valid point, I didn't think about considering the +3.5% crit chance as a pseudo 5th link. Horror'ed gripped gloves seem to be a good base for a clearing setup when presented like this.
However, I still think that the Thunderfists' way is the less expensive one out of the three, by a good margin. I might try one of the other solutions when I am satisfied with every other piece of gear.

hysteria's flat fire does a lot more dmg than the base crit, and also beats the more attack speed aswell.

best would be gripped essence elder gloves with 20 faster attacks, 70% multi, hysteria's flat fire as suffixes

since that is nigh to impossible, i'd say hysteria + any of the other 2 mods is very very very good and probably better than anything else now. nothing for small budgets though
IGN: Kitaen
"
Gregoriensten wrote:
"
tirrorex wrote:

Damn, my bad, I assumed it would. Never tried it though! Then I guess if you wanted Frenzy charges on boss you could do Frenzy-Faster Attacks on that 2L setup.
Or don't bother and do not use Frenzy charges on bosses, you don't need them anyway ;)

no worries :D
Wondering if i could put something like ice bite or whathever on this ancestral protector.
Really don't know what to use with it :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info