[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Is Reave an alternative for Molten Strike? I hate Molten Strike mechanics to be honest.
why do you go "resolute technique" if you are using Lycosidae (Shield).

its the same passiv isnt it?
Hy.

I know that maybe I should read more/try to understand the game better, but still I saw many people got some answers. Can someone look to my char and tell me what am I doing wrong? I can barely complete tier 1 maps.
I had some experience with POE, but still haven't played in 2+ years. Restarted with the new League and some concepts are new to me.
For example, I seem to miss a alot of attacks. Also Onslaught appears so rare (1 or 2 times per map I think). And it seems to be triggered more with Shield Charge than MS.

Thanks!
"
Raîzo wrote:
why do you go "resolute technique" if you are using Lycosidae (Shield).

its the same passiv isnt it?

No, resolute technique is just for leveling. The shield gives you the benefits of Resolute (Your hits can't be evaded) without the negative (Never deal Critical Strikes). Which is why, as he says, there is no replacement for the shield (other then, I suppose, high accuracy gear).
"
mihaisultan1 wrote:
Hy.

I know that maybe I should read more/try to understand the game better, but still I saw many people got some answers. Can someone look to my char and tell me what am I doing wrong? I can barely complete tier 1 maps.
I had some experience with POE, but still haven't played in 2+ years. Restarted with the new League and some concepts are new to me.
For example, I seem to miss a alot of attacks. Also Onslaught appears so rare (1 or 2 times per map I think). And it seems to be triggered more with Shield Charge than MS.

Thanks!

I know I have to respec the 3 leech nose. I am going for Coordination first, then get some Crit nodes. Also I'm thinking to go for Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin Gloves, but I feel I have too low Survivability to give up the +hp gloves
"
mihaisultan1 wrote:
Hy.

Thanks!

I can't see what gear you have, your character tab has been hidden in privacy settings. You will have to deselect that option for me to have a look at your gear.

I'm going to assume you don't have lycosidae (which makes all attacks unavoidable) and you don't have Resolute Technique (which causes you to never miss, but never crit) selected, which is why you are missing attacks.

As for why onslaught is so rare, you may be using elemental focus on your molten strike, which removes it's ability to inflict elemental status effects. Since onslaught is linked to herald of ice, it's essential to chill/freeze your enemies in order to get that ice explosion when you shatter enemies, proccing onslaught. Since your shield charge inflicts all forms of damage that you have on your other attacks, it's able to chill/freeze enemies and shatter them.

I hope that answers your questions!
Last edited by Quasimofo on Dec 16, 2017, 9:38:36 AM
I have Ornament of the East ( so hits cant be evaded). I saw previous post, and removed ele focus. Also I dont have Resolute.
"
Quasimofo wrote:
"
mihaisultan1 wrote:
Hy.

Thanks!

I can't see what gear you have, your character tab has been hidden in privacy settings. You will have to deselect that option for me to have a look at your gear.

I'm going to assume you don't have lycosidae (which makes all attacks unavoidable) and you don't have Resolute Technique (which causes you to never miss, but never crit) selected, which is why you are missing attacks.

As for why onslaught is so rare, you may be using elemental focus on your molten strike, which removes it's ability to inflict elemental status effects. Since onslaught is linked to herald of ice, it's essential to chill/freeze your enemies in order to get that ice explosion when you shatter enemies, proccing onslaught. Since your shield charge inflicts all forms of damage that you have on your other attacks, it's able to chill/freeze enemies and shatter them.

I hope that answers your questions!

I have removed hide char. Forgot to press "update" when I did that earlier. Sorry for posting so many times, and not writing just 1 message with all info. I'm a bit tard.
"
mihaisultan1 wrote:
I have Ornament of the East ( so hits cant be evaded). I saw previous post, and removed ele focus. Also I dont have Resolute.

Ah, okay, thank you for linking your gear!

So, the issue with not freezing enemies may be that you are unable to inflict sufficient cold damage to freeze enemies long enough to shatter. I'm not the biggest mechanics wizard, so I couldn't tell you a whole lot beyond the more crit chance you have, the more often you freeze, as critical strikes are 100% chance to freeze with cold damage.

Another quick tip I would recommend you try out is using concentrated effect instead of increased area of effect, PROVIDED you have one or two of the Wildfire Jewels. Molten Strike's primary damage comes from the molten ball projectiles, and the more spread out they are, the less likely they are to deal damage to your target(s). It's nice for clearing big packs, but I'd rather have the tighter grouping and have to switch targets more. It also gives you a fair increase to damage, which is also nice.

Edit: I took a look at your character, I would suggest picking up a diamond flask to replace the sulfur flask, as it gives you two rolls per crit chance check, and it's an essential part of the crit aspect in this build. An atziri's promise is also a very nice survivability/damage buff.
Last edited by Quasimofo on Dec 16, 2017, 10:12:22 AM
i had a question about the wildfire gems.
u´ve 2 of them and i can only see 1 spot to put them to get the 40 strength, am i wrong?
atm i have one just under the templer starting point, but where to put them to get both with 40 strength?
Thank u for the help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info