[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
Necrol wrote:
I´ve seen the gloves in your Profile and was curious what on Rampage meant.
If it would have been the intial Rampage on Tier 1 it would be unimpressive, but the price suggested it would be each Tier.

Are you Eleweakness capped with your actual Gear? From a brief look, with all that Resis from the Tree it could be enough, but i was too lazy to calculate it precisley.

With regular ammy yeah, but not with Bisco's, which I wear most of the time. I do try to stay away from elem weakness maps with bisco's tbh. With it I'm currently at 79%F, 96%C, 78L.

EDIT: The price of the gloves is due to the rarity of them. They only come from Rampage league and I believe there is currently no way to "chance" something from Rampage, besides divination cards, so the drop rate is extremely low... It took about 2 weeks before I saw the first pair come up for sale.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 1, 2017, 5:08:55 PM
Over the past couple days I've hit the levls to start using Bloodseeker and Scourge, and this build is flying now. I ran uber lab at 70. Kept his buffs down, but with a was breeze to get through even 5 levels below the area. Did a full-key run at 75 and again, Argus and Izaro are no issue. Between the damage output and agility with whirling blades, it's a pretty quick fight. Incredibly fun build to play.

A few thoughts on the budget side of this build.

-As noted in the original post, you can go with a 3-damage mod jewel rather than 4 on the cheaper side. However when looking for them, try to find one with resistances as a 4th mod. It can save a lot of headaches on rings/amulets/armors trying to keep resistances capped. Often there the same price or only slightly more expensive than a regular 3-mod 3-damage jewel.

-Given the few damage mods that affect this build in a worthwhile way, I decided to give this cheap option a try:

Has a solid T2 flat phys roll, a strong life roll, a helpful implicit to add to our regen (helpful in Lab), and without access to Death's Door, it helps to mitigate bleeding damage. If you can balance out the INT and resistance requirements, it's a solid choice. It's also relatively inexpensive to get one with +1 curses if you want to run Temp Chains + Witchfire

-I don't know that I'd fully recommend it since there's pretty much no upside other than QoL, but mapping with Lion's Roar goes from inconvenient to amazing with Empire's Grasp:

Instead of pushing mobs all over the map, you become a vacuum of death. It's a DPS and HP drop compared to other options, but it makes mapping with Lion's Roar really fun. Probably not worth using over Bisco's once you can afford it, but a nice QoL upgrade for mapping.

Can someone check my character please?
I just got 2 shot by argus in uber lab in my first try. One of the vids here is tanking izaro with charges. Can someone tell me if there is something I have done wrong with the character?

name is: NyxTooTanky
Same as above, if I can dodge the attacks of uber lab izaro i can kill him, but I thought I could facetank him :)... maybe wrong of me.

But anyway i get 1 shotted by Izaro.

I prefer to use Rarity: UniqueRedblade TramplersAncient Greaves--------Quality: +20% (augmented)Armour: 442 (augmented)--------Requirements:Level: 64Str: 142Int: 44--------Sockets: R-R-R-B --------Item Level: 82--------Adds 3 to 10 Physical Damage to Attacks7% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold173% increased Armour+50 to maximum Life+29% to Fire Resistance25% increased Movement SpeedUnaffected by Burning Ground--------Our home was swallowed beneath the great mountain for our complacency. Now we must prove our value to the Molten One by sating his hunger for life.

As i'm mapping because i can't farm uber lab, i like these boots more then kaom's.
@ftw2255: if you get 2 shot by Argus you are just to slow. compared to this build Argus is slow in movement and attacks. You should be able to leech to full between his hits, even if he gets enraged.

As for facetanking Izario: That works comfortably for me. I got some 8k Armour and a Basalt Flask for that. My 6,2K health go down as low as about 400-500 in this fight if i get a smash from him. Next to Basalt Flask Soul of Yugul helps alot here as well. Kaoms Roots are also helpfull - if you get stunned your Channeling is cancelled. You immediately loose your best defense - leech - and are prone to following attacks, if you are not leeching even the shit the small adds throw at you gets ugly.

I am not sure if you get penalty for leveldifferance in terms of damage taken. I noticed the fight beeing much smoother for me with level 78 compared to my first run with 71. Gear did not change much between those fights.

HTH
@ftw2255 and @jackspray:

First, a bunch of your gems are lowbie. I just checked and lvl 20s of the 6 BF gems are all under 5c. The only exception is Concentrated Effect that's at 10c for lvl 20.

Second, jewelry needs work. I don't think I paid 5c for any of these:

Matter of fact I bought this one last night for 6c and added the resists myself:

You want as much life, resists and phys dmg. If an item doesn't have life or resists, then you craft it on it, but NOT phys dmg. Phys dmg crafting is way too low.

Third, if you are having problems with a build and don't understand what you need to fix, you can't really start changing the gear and expect good results. In this case Redblade Tramplers are a OK option, but if you don't understand what a build requires, you don't know how to fix it, you don't know what is broken, then you should not start introducing other variables by changing what the build guide calls for, you fix the problems first and THEN you can try things outside of the guide to see how they work.

Fourth, if you're just new to the game, well then yeah, you most likely are going to die to things pretty often until you "gitgood". That's just how it goes in this game. The build is good, but it isn't magic. You still need to know what you're doing, and that only comes from experience playing the game.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 2, 2017, 10:38:22 AM
"
Over the past couple days I've hit the levls to start using Bloodseeker and Scourge, and this build is flying now. I ran uber lab at 70. Kept his buffs down, but with a was breeze to get through even 5 levels below the area. Did a full-key run at 75 and again, Argus and Izaro are no issue. Between the damage output and agility with whirling blades, it's a pretty quick fight. Incredibly fun build to play.

A few thoughts on the budget side of this build.

-As noted in the original post, you can go with a 3-damage mod jewel rather than 4 on the cheaper side. However when looking for them, try to find one with resistances as a 4th mod. It can save a lot of headaches on rings/amulets/armors trying to keep resistances capped. Often there the same price or only slightly more expensive than a regular 3-mod 3-damage jewel.

-Given the few damage mods that affect this build in a worthwhile way, I decided to give this cheap option a try:

Has a solid T2 flat phys roll, a strong life roll, a helpful implicit to add to our regen (helpful in Lab), and without access to Death's Door, it helps to mitigate bleeding damage. If you can balance
out the INT and resistance requirements, it's a solid choice. It's also relatively inexpensive to get one with +1 curses if you want to run Temp Chains + Witchfire

-I don't know that I'd fully recommend it since there's pretty much no upside other than QoL, but mapping with Lion's Roar goes from inconvenient to amazing with Empire's Grasp:

Instead of pushing mobs all over the map, you become a vacuum of death. It's a DPS and HP drop compared to other options, but it makes mapping with Lion's Roar really fun. Probably not worth using over Bisco's once you can afford it, but a nice QoL upgrade for mapping.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

That ammy with double curse def sounds like a great option to consider. Good call!

And the gloves I had seen, and was curious about, but never got around to testing. Glad you did. They sounds fun as hell :)

EDIT: OK, just tested this. Both of them together, since I use Bisco's and Null's I already had my resists capped, so it was just a matter of getting the items:

For a total of 1c, 1chisel :)

As you said, a vacuum of death! Feels awesome and a very viable combo, if u can afford the life and res. I'm adding the combo to the main thread. Thanks again for sharing.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 2, 2017, 11:33:40 AM
@corosou:

I got these jewelry just to fix my resists. I couldn't fill up my 75% using my current gear so I settled for those pieces. Should I abandon some damage jewels for resists?
"
ftw2255 wrote:
@corosou:

I got these jewelry just to fix my resists. I couldn't fill up my 75% using my current gear so I settled for those pieces. Should I abandon some damage jewels for resists?

Sorry, but I already held your hand way more than I do for other people. You have all the information you need.

nEgativezEro89 posted right before you saying he is doing lab and he's 76. His toons are public. Import his character into one PoB, import your character into a second PoB and compare.

GL and thanks for trying the build! ))
Last edited by corosou on Sep 2, 2017, 11:07:45 AM
Testing a little bit more with:

I dropped a few nodes:

One Handed Melee Damage, Melee Damage and Life, and the 5% life node after Golem's Blood.

I took those free points and got:

Life Regeneration, Armour and Life Regeneration, Combat Stamina.

This puts my life regen at 771, and def very nice for running lab traps and trials. Offsetting the loss of Warcry healing after switching to Savagery. I would recommend anyone running lab to at the very least get the amulet.

After all, one of the best things about not having to use Vaal Pact is that we still have life regen, so maximizing that is a worthy goal, as there is ample DPS to let you play around with changes like this.

With everything enabled:

Last edited by corosou on Sep 2, 2017, 1:08:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info