[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Nice Build overall, but how can i replace the Rise Of The Phoenix shield and still sustain my rf, cant seem to do it
Decided to give this build a go. It's pretty fun overall, but I've discovered that not having Presence of Chayula really breaks the build. I can't afford it yet, and while I'm running yellow and lower-tier red maps, sometimes the higher tier maps can be scary as hell. I've switched to using Cyclone to apply EE/EO/Fortify in order to avoid some of the stun-lock deaths, although that precludes using Scorching Ray most of the time, making the whole low-life thing pointless. It's also slow as hell. I only have 5.3k ES at the moment, but it still feels pretty solid, outside of a few scary situations. Mash flasks and give it a whirl. Not as tanky as jugg RF, but I like it better, especially for the utility when I run maps with my brother, who appreciates having all the auras and extra ES.
I can't seem to be able to run 6 aura and still have mana left over to using scorching ray
this is the gear
pretty budget shit

Currently level 87
I laugh at pooping dogs, just to see them get confused.
"
PoorLime wrote:
I can't seem to be able to run 6 aura and still have mana left over to using scorching ray
this is the gear
pretty budget shit

Currently level 87

Get reduced aura reservation enchant on your helm or sacrifice a jewel slot for conquerer's efficiency.
"
zInior wrote:
Nice Build overall, but how can i replace the Rise Of The Phoenix shield and still sustain my rf, cant seem to do it

Your shield need to have +2 max fireres + 5% reduced damage over time enchant, which will reduce your incoming RF damage.
Last edited by Prong007 on Apr 19, 2018, 1:31:54 AM
What is the absolute minimum gear requirement to make this build work (like, not die in yellow maps on HC)? A rise of the phoenix and a solaris lorica?

I'm just bored and want to challenge myself with something :)

Also how do you start it in a fresh league? Hybrid RF with just a RotF?
"
What is the absolute minimum gear requirement to make this build work (like, not die in yellow maps on HC)? A rise of the phoenix and a solaris lorica?

Solaris Lorica, prism guardian, purity (fire, ice, lightining), vitality and discipline and memory vault
"
quironn wrote:
"

Solaris Lorica, prism guardian, purity (fire, ice, lightining), vitality and discipline and memory vault

Thanks for the reply! Any suggestions about league start? Do you start as hybrid or life RF?
There are ways to play RF starting around level 35 ish but I find it's easier to just play life based until you find or can afford the proper ES gear. If you're rich that could be as early as level 65 when you can equip RotP, however, for most it will be more in the 70-80 range, especially early in league when Shavs is still expensive. The leveling part of this guide really works.

I personally like leveling with CwC SR/Firestorm,it melts everything, but you can use really anything you want.

This is NOT a very friendly league starter though, especially if you only have limited play time. It is expensive to make the jump to ES, but, I much prefer it to life RF Jugg in the end game. More than tanky enough and much more DPS. Granted I have about 100 ex of gear on but I can do all content easily without dying (occasional uber elder death).
I just specced into low life at lvl 72 (I'm not a patient person) and with about 50c worth of gear I have 4.5k ES and can sustain RF with RotF.

However, I thought I would be using prism guardian when I switch to LL, but I can't sustain RF without phoenix.

Here are my setups:

rise of the phoenix - https://pastebin.com/uZYLPXMe
prism guardian - https://pastebin.com/d8aedukh

From the prism guardian pastebin you can see I have a massive -224 hp/s degen. It's sustainable with the guardian ascendancy, but feels bad and sketchy to run maps like this. So how can I sustain RF without phoenix?

EDIT: I'm playing around in PoB with my current gear, and I don't know why it's showing net life regen of -29, but in game it looks like -2 per sec. Is PoB not 100% accurate?

Current gear - https://pastebin.com/ujrw8rbi
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Apr 22, 2018, 3:54:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info