[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
I just specced into low life at lvl 72 (I'm not a patient person) and with about 50c worth of gear I have 4.5k ES and can sustain RF with RotF.

However, I thought I would be using prism guardian when I switch to LL, but I can't sustain RF without phoenix.

Here are my setups:

rise of the phoenix - https://pastebin.com/uZYLPXMe
prism guardian - https://pastebin.com/d8aedukh

From the prism guardian pastebin you can see I have a massive -224 hp/s degen. It's sustainable with the guardian ascendancy, but feels bad and sketchy to run maps like this. So how can I sustain RF without phoenix?

EDIT: I'm playing around in PoB with my current gear, and I don't know why it's showing net life regen of -29, but in game it looks like -2 per sec. Is PoB not 100% accurate?

Current gear - https://pastebin.com/ujrw8rbi

Don't use prism guardian for this version of LL RF. Go with either Rise of the Phoenix, Saffel's Frams, or a rare shield with +2 max fire res and 5% reduced DoT.

You need that extra max fire res to counter the degen from RF.
Managed to do it anyway (sustain RF with prism), here's my current gear at lvl 84:

And 2x 8% ES jewels + energy from within brings me at 7.2k ES and 131 hp/s excess regen (5.5k with lorica just before I buy the shavs). Turns out the aura effect nodes are huge for regen and I underestimated them at first.

Also the belt is huge, gives me around 180 hp/s regen and I bought for just 40c.

I think my next biggest upgrade should be the shield though, but will have to farm some currency to craft one, because I can't find a single one over 150 ES for sale - http://poe.trade/search/ahimkahiteazur

P.S. T5-6 maps with lorica and 5.5k ES was pure cancer, I felt squishy af, with no regen or instant pot and had like 10 close calls
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Apr 22, 2018, 1:51:00 PM
That's pretty cool you were able to get it to work with that shield set up. However, ill go ahead and be the bad guy...youre going to need to change if you want to progress into high yellow and red maps. Net positive 180 es/second just isn't enough to tank through the high damage spikes later in the atlas.

Just to give your a point of reference, I regen net positive 2200 es/sec through RF (assuming consecrated ground, which is always up from my glove enchant and flask spam) and I use it all when doing tough t15+ maps.

I think a good number to shoot for would be between 600 and 800 net es/sec with 8-9k es to really dive into tougher red maps and not feel squishy. A +2 elder shield would really do you wonders.

Ps - I'm going to be selling this for anyone interested in a new +2 shield:

I'm in the process of crafting the same one but with fire res.
Last edited by Synercid on Apr 22, 2018, 4:15:47 PM
Can't afford that I'm afraid, but I bought an ilvl 80 base for 10c and in 100 alts + 1 regal I got this:

I had to drop one of the purities, but it brought me to 9.1k ES and 260 hp/s regen. It could have been a +2 for even more regen, but I'll have to buy a new base to craft. Also, this was huge as well:

Good morning everybody

I have been playing this LL RF Guardian and I have get a point that i dont know how to continue. I am getting little lost and i dont know how to improve the char and there is no way to level up more the char cause i die all the time.

I am playing at bestiary standard so feel free to add my as friends and whisper.

Please can someone help me to find best gear?

https://pastebin.com/KWzQ3xV8

Hope you can do something. Thx!!
"
lakis11 wrote:
Good morning everybody

I have been playing this LL RF Guardian and I have get a point that i dont know how to continue. I am getting little lost and i dont know how to improve the char and there is no way to level up more the char cause i die all the time.

I am playing at bestiary standard so feel free to add my as friends and whisper.

I've only been playing this build for a few days and I'm by no means an expert in LL RF, but from your gear I can tell that your gloves, rings, shield and flasks can be improved a lot. Here are mine (basalt is getting replaced with sorrow):

Notice I have mana on my rings, it also provides you with a bit of ES because of the ascendancy.
Easy way to craft the shield:
1. Buy an ilvl 80+ elder titanium spirit shield
2. Alt spam for +1 or +2 max fire res. If you get Int as a suffix fine, otherwise it's not a big deal for now.
3. Regal and hope to get either +ES or %ES.
4. Bench craft +ES or %ES.

OR if you are not on a budget you can just buy a 200+ ES shield with +2 max fire res and crafted 5% reduced DoT taken, but I couldn't afford that.

Also, if you fix your passive tree a bit you can get to 7.5k ES and 400 regen: http://poeurl.com/bSR9

- You don't need explosive impact, having more ES makes up for the damage.
- You have energy from within but not the Melding cluster?
- In the witch area the 8% ES node is better than the 14 ES/mana regen node.
- Finish picking up Written in Blood
- No reason not to get Sovereignity. You get 100+ regen and +1 all max res.

You don't need to level up to make those adjustments to the passive tree.

With all those changes you should be able to hit at least 9.5k ES. I'm lvl 86 with no presence of chayula and I'm at 9.2k.
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Apr 23, 2018, 5:51:09 AM
"
Synercid wrote:
That's pretty cool you were able to get it to work with that shield set up. However, ill go ahead and be the bad guy...youre going to need to change if you want to progress into high yellow and red maps. Net positive 180 es/second just isn't enough to tank through the high damage spikes later in the atlas.

Just to give your a point of reference, I regen net positive 2200 es/sec through RF (assuming consecrated ground, which is always up from my glove enchant and flask spam) and I use it all when doing tough t15+ maps.

I think a good number to shoot for would be between 600 and 800 net es/sec with 8-9k es to really dive into tougher red maps and not feel squishy. A +2 elder shield would really do you wonders.

Ps - I'm going to be selling this for anyone interested in a new +2 shield:

I'm in the process of crafting the same one but with fire res.

Any idea how to get more regen, besides the shield? Please check my profile for my current gear. I'm currently at 120 net positive without consecrated ground, and you are mentioning 700-800?
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Apr 23, 2018, 7:09:47 AM
"
"
lakis11 wrote:
Good morning everybody

I've only been playing this build for a few days and I'm by no means an expert in LL RF, but from your gear I can tell that your gloves, rings, shield and flasks can be improved a lot. Here are mine (basalt is getting replaced with sorrow):

Easy way to craft the shield:
1. Buy an ilvl 80+ elder titanium spirit shield
2. Alt spam for +1 or +2 max fire res. If you get Int as a suffix fine, otherwise it's not a big deal for now.
3. Regal and hope to get either +ES or %ES.
4. Bench craft +ES or %ES.

OR if you are not on a budget you can just buy a 200+ ES shield with +2 max fire res and crafted 5% reduced DoT taken, but I couldn't afford that.

Speaking from a lot of shield crafting experience (I've made 2 and currently on my 3rd +2 fire res craft), it's not cheap to craft one of these. Here's how and what you can expect to spend:

- Base has to be ilvl 86 to get the t1 ES % roll (ilvl 84 for t2). The difference between t3 and t1 is 20% ES so I'd invest in the better base. Expect to spend about 3 ex.

- You're looking for +2 max fire res and a t1 or t2 ES roll (both prefixes). The suffix doesn't matter as you can beastcraft later. So, regal anything with t1/t2 ES or ES% or +2 max fire res (5 chances). If you hit a suffix you really like go ahead and augment and regal if you hit the prefix. Expect to spend 3000-5000 alterations and 100-200 regals minimum here, which will cost 4-7 ex.

- If you hit your suffix early great, but you probably won't. In this case you'll want to master craft block prefixes and beastcraft your 3rd stat. Personally I think a resist is the best option here. Beastcrafting is very hit or miss so expect to spend a MINIMUM of 2 ex here, but probably more (2 ex each beastcraft attempt because you'll need to scour and re master craft).

- last step is to multimod 5% rdot and the other ES stat you need. This will cost 2 ex.

So, overall you're looking at around 11-14 ex honestly at a minimum to get a nice gg shield.

Here's an example, my current shield:

This cost me about 10 ex to craft, I got lucky about 3000 alts in. I'm currently crafting another shooting for fire res and I'm 6000 alts in with no luck. So, it's a lot of Rng. Unless you have money and time to spend, you're better off buying it.
Last edited by Synercid on Apr 23, 2018, 10:44:13 AM
Well, I guess my shield will have to do it for now, I don't have anywhere near that amount of currency. I pretty much poured all my currency into this character which isn't very smart on HC.

Any advice how to get more regen for a reasonable price?

One more thing that concerns me is my dps. I'm sitting at 55k with RF and 83k with SR shaper dps, which is a bit sad. I did a T7 elder last night and it was super messy because I couldn't kill the ads very quickly, which resulted in a lot of shit on the ground. Saving the shaper was impossible, didn't have anywhere near enough dps for that.

pob: https://pastebin.com/F7QG65kj
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Apr 23, 2018, 9:26:36 AM
Ilvl needs to be 80 for the +2 fire not 86

I've crafted and sold two shields. First for 20 ex and second for 16 ex. Chaos spamming is an alternative as is beastcrafting. I am contemplating beastcrafting this one

with the remove suffix add prefix mod and then chaos again if it doesn't give a nice es roll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info