[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Hi, nice build ! But i got a question about watcher's eyes, better use the one with
#% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline
and #% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline

Or one with the same first discipline mod and % of life regen affected by vitality
Or One with still same first mod & %of maximum mana to ES ?
1. Es recovery discipline
2. ES regen discipline
3. ES gained clarity
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Synercid wrote:

Here's the current gear.

I'm trying to decide what to work on next. Personally I'm leaning towards finishing my belt and I have it imprinted at T1/T2 ES Recovery/ES still. Last crafting session I hit the regal after a handful of imprints but then whiffed both slams. I think the only other logical thing would be to start working on crafting a +2 scepter to get into two Opals but my Unset is solid for now. I can't decide lol...I've got about 50 ex to work with.

Thoughts?

Your gear is all very solid. I wouldn't change much at all except for mirror tier gear once it hits standard. What are your jewels?
"
Oddityx wrote:
So I've only played a few leagues and this is by far the most successful I've been. Killed shaper for the first time (actually, first attempt, went very smoothly). Guardians are no problem I'm farming t16s easily.

Spawned Uber Elder and it was, well... interesting. The summary is I tried it twice, both times I ran out of portals and left Elder/Shaper at around 50%.

I tried running multiple Heat flasks to help with the freezing (one being a Sapphire flask) but it mostly just felt hopeless.

Hoping to get some input as to how I can kill uber elder. I tried to focus on just running around avoiding damage and getting damage in when I could but it seemed like I was always just getting clipped by something and frozen or just overwhelmed by the damage. Any time I stopped moving for more than a second seemed like guaranteed death so I couldn't get much SR damage off.

I have about 20ex to work with but not sure what I should be investing in to be able to clear uber elder.

On my phone so can't look into what you're using but I actually use 2

Or at least 1 quicksilver and 1 ruby With Same mods

While fighting uber elder. Being frozen/chilled is definitely a weakness of any lowlife build. You could also try two things:

Dream fragments ring swap and replace the heat quicksilver with move speed ruby flasks. This ring is a great swap for lowlife as it makes us immune to chills and freezes.

Or

Swap deaths door to rare es boots just for the fight. Downside of DD's is it extends the duration of chill/freezes on us

Reduced flask charges used on belts help too
Last edited by Ahfack on Apr 14, 2018, 9:51:11 AM
"
Ahfack wrote:

Your gear is all very solid. I wouldn't change much at all except for mirror tier gear once it hits standard. What are your jewels?

Thanks, I've out a solid 60 ex into it I would say. I'm using 5 jewels right now:

- Energy Within
- ES Recovery eye (not going to waste currency grabbing a 2nd stat, it's not worth it. This is really the only stat that matters. I'll just hope to find one off uber)
- 3 x burning/fire/es% cobalts. I've been buying these triple bases and slamming for that 4th yummy stat but no dice so far, low probability.

I just crafted this bad boy the other day:

Pretty nice 50 pre-modifier ES upgrade. I was shooting to make it mirror quality but bailed on the last slam since it was a big upgrade as it was.

This is my current project:

Regaled into t1 ES%/crit damage reduction and t2 flat ES (only ilvl 76 so cant hit t1 but its only a 4 es difference) so basically perfect prefixes. I spent 25 ex trying to slam ES Recovery with no dice...its not really usable without it. If I can hit ES Recovery and either a t1-2 resist, cast speed, flask duration, or spell damage with flasks I think it's pretty much mirror worthy. I think it's valuable to leave the 6th stat crafted so you can swap around resists when gearing. Give me your energy guys, I've got enough ex left for 24 more slam attempts tonight!

Lastly, I killed uber elder 4 times last night. Earlier in the thread I was describing feeling like I hit a damage wall and couldn't get through the end of the fight but I'm there now. I can handle it without dying usually, might die 1 or 2x to a bad luck slow/shaper teleport/eat 3 balls combo. I'm at about 10,850 es and with conc effect RF sits at about 300k/sec before SR debuffs. So, I can chip away with RF and a little SR between ice bolts and balls, but when shaper beams I can pop flasks and really plow thru their HP. Oh also I finally hit Commandment of light on my gloves and holy hell it's amazing. Absolutely helps deal with uber degen.

I don't bother swapping out deaths door anymore, I just use 1 ruby and 1 quicksilver flask of heat along with the usual rumi/witch/sulfur combo, but if you are struggling with the slow like Ahfack said, swap into rare es boots. It helps.

Anyhow, the build is flawless if you're willing to invest guys. Love ya Ahfack! I'll share my belt progress later, pray for my currency tab.
Crafting Update:

Here's the finished product!

It was a pretty straightforward, albeit expensive craft. I'm happy with it, I've only seen one crystal in BSC so far that can compete. Ideally that final mod would be spell damage during flask effect, a T1 resist, or T1 INT/life but I don't hate a little extra chaos resist. It could have been worse and I was definitely not risking an annul. I like to leave the final mod slot open for master crafts on belts for resist coverage when swapping around gear, if I'm adequately over-capped i'll go with flask duration.

If anyone is curious, here is how I crafted it:

- Alt/Regal T1 crit reduction, T2 flat ES (max for ilvl 76, T1 is only +4 more), T1 resist.
- Slam T1 ES%
- Brick slam
- Block prefixes/scour/slam/repeat until T1 ES Recovery (this was very expensive)
- Cross fingers, slam, don't look at it for 10 mins, have a drink...see chaos resist...hey at least it didn't brick!

I made a mirror thread just in case anyone wants one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2132592

Hooray for Path of Hideout! The true end game.

Hey,nice build man. Im playing this build since Harbinger and really love it.

What do you think should be the next upgrade? Im aiming for a good sceptre,but i dont find a good one with high elemental damage and +2 fire gems(so i can change the unset ring for a good opal). So i really dont know if is worth go for one with just high elemental damage or keep Doryanis till i find one.

(ignore the Jewell without ES,its just a patch)
Last edited by AlterAkto on Apr 16, 2018, 3:47:08 PM
"
AlterAkto wrote:
What do you think should be the next upgrade?

(ignore the Jewell without ES,its just a patch)

I think you should shoot for a +2 max fire resist elder titanium spirit shield with as much ES as you can afford. Expect to pay about 6-8 ex for one around 250 ES.

Other ideas are a shaped crystal belt, essence of delirium gloves, and better jewels. I wouldn't worry about your scepter until you have all of the above done.
I was farming Uber Elder last night and I recorded a run that I think could teach some valuable lessons for folks heading into their first try with this build:

https://youtu.be/q0-7VXU1-nM

I don't usually die on uber anymore but these deaths are great teaching points:

First Death - I had the wrong flask in spot #1. I normally run with a Ruby Flask of Adrenaline but there is so much chill/freeze you really should be using a Ruby Flask of Heat. Here I got frozen then sniped down by Shaper balls.

Second Death - I died to elder circle explosion here. He timed his slam perfectly to where I had to either leave the circle and try to get back before it exploded or tank the slam. In retrospect I should have tanked the slam, if it didn't crit I probably would have lived.

Other tips:

- Keep degen circles to the outside of the arena
- Kill elder ads as soon as possible to avoid more degen spots
- Save DPS flasks for shaper beam. It's your best window to lay down some SR.
- Stay near the vulnerable boss while dodging stuff to keep RF on him and zap a half second of SR when you can. The extra damage adds up. This fight is definitely a gear check but its also very technical in terms of movement.
- Accept the fact you may die sometimes. Like my second death, situations come up that you might just be SoL.

Hope this helps!
Hey guys!

I'm thinking of trying this build but I'm not sure if I can afford a solid version of it. How much will I have to invest to get to a level where I can do things like uber elder and such? I mean including Delirium gloves, a passable belt and the +2% max fire res shield but excluding things like a +1 Gems Shavs.

I think I can muster something like 35-40 ex?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info