[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Drecker wrote:
Great explanation and help! Think you could do the same for me? Currently sitting at 9.4k ES and not really sure where to go from here / how to adjust my skilltree.

From a quick glance I'm guessing this could be pretty similar.

You're sitting at 9407 ES, +221.5 regen, 158199.6 RF and 50155.3 SR. (Might add in 5799 Armour, 33 unreserved mana and 77.9 Mana Regen along with 83% Fire Res, 66% Cold Res and 81% Lightning res as they could play a part in gear changes once we make some tweaks)

- Drop Path of the Savant (+4 nodes)
- Grab the 3 regen nodes right of Sanctity and drop the 3 Armour and ES ones (+/-0)
- Grab the outstanding node above Arcane Focus and the two over at Influence (-3 nodes)
- At that point you've a choice to make between the aura effect node at Sovereignty, the Arcane Vision node (QoL) or Harrier for speed (QoL).

Personally I'd probably grab Harrier. It'll let you map/level/play faster and feels more fun, as well as dodge more bad stuff which helps. If you want to focus on strength the aura effect will be the one with the most punch. I'll add in Harrier for any further calcs, but it won't break anything or change figures much to choose either of the others.

[Personally I really love regen, so I'd drop the Written in Blood cluster too and take Faith and Steel along with that last aura node together with Harrier, but that's very much a preference and playstyle thing so I'll avoid including it here to minimise disruption to your own choices and reduce costs. Written in Blood gives you more ES pool, so far from 'poor' nodes]

- From there you want to drop that Conq Efficiency
(Vitality to boots and BM to helm. Drop your Empower [for now] and throw in an Enduring Cry for a pseudo health pot. You'll need to drop to a Clarity 1 [levelling up to 7 quickly] to leave you with 40 unreserved mana and 83.8 mana regen for casting OoS, EC and SR)

You're now sitting on 8958 ES, +451.5 Regen [912.4 with EC up], 151674.6 RF and 48911.1 SR. You also have 5381 Armour, 40 unreserved mana, 83.8 mana regen, 84% Fire res, 74% cold res and 82% Lightning res. So you're down on ES pool and on damage, but you've a nice boost in regen and you've that free jewel slot now to play with.

Adding in a basic 8% ES and 20% Burning Damage jewel (not too hard to grab that base with at least one further helpful stat along with those) would push you to 9109, +462.5, 159443.9 RF and 50466.3 SR. Get a two stat jewel with 10% DoT as well and suddenly you're well ahead on damage. It also gives more flexibility to adjust strength/dex from jewels or res on jewels to help with gearing and to give a progression path as you start to afford more high end jewels with crazy gains.

Levelling on from there I'd grab the last aura node. Then Ancestral Knowledge. Then I'd probably spec out of both of those and grab Faith and Steel instead when you've the 3 nodes to grab it. Then going back for both of those. Making any changes as you feel the need depending on your gear and how you're finding gameplay (at that stage you might have a Clarity Watcher's Eye and need to shake things up). If you're not big on regen and prefer ES stacking, which is a viable option, you should probably look at spec'ing out of Oak and picking up the passives now. It's not something I've looked at much, again, I love my regen.

Not as clear cut a boost as for Rippin_Heads, you're trading ES for regen in most cases, but it's a change I'd make personally. If you find it's the small hits (breaches/abyss/getting swarmed during Kitava/etc) the regen is a major boost. If it's one shots you tend to fall to it's way more debatable and go with your own gut there (though even for one shots having Harrier is a nice QoL boost).

From there it's just a question of upgrading gear. You can get another 13% ele damage on a higher rolled Dori. You can always improve jewelry (heck, even the Presence and Shav's can be corrupted). You can make some huge gains on your current jewels (at a minimum you want 8% ES and 20% damage or +45 flat and 15% damage [that isn't spell damage]). From there start bumping them up to include block chance, spell block, some int, some regen along with those stats and eventually two damage stat jewels for ~30% damage boost per jewel slot - Easier said than done, but nice to have something to work for).

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Drecker wrote:
Great explanation and help! Think you could do the same for me? Currently sitting at 9.4k ES and not really sure where to go from here / how to adjust my skilltree.

From a quick glance I'm guessing this could be pretty similar.

You're sitting at 9407 ES, +221.5 regen, 158199.6 RF and 50155.3 SR. (Might add in 5799 Armour, 33 unreserved mana and 77.9 Mana Regen along with 83% Fire Res, 66% Cold Res and 81% Lightning res as they could play a part in gear changes once we make some tweaks)

- Drop Path of the Savant (+4 nodes)
- Grab the 3 regen nodes right of Sanctity and drop the 3 Armour and ES ones (+/-0)
- Grab the outstanding node above Arcane Focus and the two over at Influence (-3 nodes)
- At that point you've a choice to make between the aura effect node at Sovereignty, the Arcane Vision node (QoL) or Harrier for speed (QoL).

Personally I'd probably grab Harrier. It'll let you map/level/play faster and feels more fun, as well as dodge more bad stuff which helps. If you want to focus on strength the aura effect will be the one with the most punch. I'll add in Harrier for any further calcs, but it won't break anything or change figures much to choose either of the others.

[Personally I really love regen, so I'd drop the Written in Blood cluster too and take Faith and Steel along with that last aura node together with Harrier, but that's very much a preference and playstyle thing so I'll avoid including it here to minimise disruption to your own choices and reduce costs. Written in Blood gives you more ES pool, so far from 'poor' nodes]

- From there you want to drop that Conq Efficiency
(Vitality to boots and BM to helm. Drop your Empower [for now] and throw in an Enduring Cry for a pseudo health pot. You'll need to drop to a Clarity 1 [levelling up to 7 quickly] to leave you with 40 unreserved mana and 83.8 mana regen for casting OoS, EC and SR)

You're now sitting on 8958 ES, +451.5 Regen [912.4 with EC up], 151674.6 RF and 48911.1 SR. You also have 5381 Armour, 40 unreserved mana, 83.8 mana regen, 84% Fire res, 74% cold res and 82% Lightning res. So you're down on ES pool and on damage, but you've a nice boost in regen and you've that free jewel slot now to play with.

Adding in a basic 8% ES and 20% Burning Damage jewel (not too hard to grab that base with at least one further helpful stat along with those) would push you to 9109, +462.5, 159443.9 RF and 50466.3 SR. Get a two stat jewel with 10% DoT as well and suddenly you're well ahead on damage. It also gives more flexibility to adjust strength/dex from jewels or res on jewels to help with gearing and to give a progression path as you start to afford more high end jewels with crazy gains.

Levelling on from there I'd grab the last aura node. Then Ancestral Knowledge. Then I'd probably spec out of both of those and grab Faith and Steel instead when you've the 3 nodes to grab it. Then going back for both of those. Making any changes as you feel the need depending on your gear and how you're finding gameplay (at that stage you might have a Clarity Watcher's Eye and need to shake things up). If you're not big on regen and prefer ES stacking, which is a viable option, you should probably look at spec'ing out of Oak and picking up the passives now. It's not something I've looked at much, again, I love my regen.

Not as clear cut a boost as for Rippin_Heads, you're trading ES for regen in most cases, but it's a change I'd make personally. If you find it's the small hits (breaches/abyss/getting swarmed during Kitava/etc) the regen is a major boost. If it's one shots you tend to fall to it's way more debatable and go with your own gut there (though even for one shots having Harrier is a nice QoL boost).

From there it's just a question of upgrading gear. You can get another 13% ele damage on a higher rolled Dori. You can always improve jewelry (heck, even the Presence and Shav's can be corrupted). You can make some huge gains on your current jewels (at a minimum you want 8% ES and 20% damage or +45 flat and 15% damage [that isn't spell damage]). From there start bumping them up to include block chance, spell block, some int, some regen along with those stats and eventually two damage stat jewels for ~30% damage boost per jewel slot - Easier said than done, but nice to have something to work for).

hi, not going to bother you to also check my profile. with all the suggestions u are making the last couple of pages i hope to be able to figure out myself what i should change to improve my toon. i only wanted to ask you how do u calculate the regen. is it the degen-life regen? flasks active or ianctive? atm my pob shows 1050.7 total degen, 1360.6 net life regen and 2411 shield regen. do you acount for shield regen or its just 1360.6-1050.7=309.9 with inactive flasks? with active flasks i have 565.5 degen and 1845.5 life regen.

thanks
Last edited by Sark0t on Jan 17, 2018, 3:46:42 PM
"
Sark0t wrote:
hi, not going to bother you to also check my profile. with all the suggestions u are making the last couple of pages i hope to be able to figure out myself what i should change to improve my toon. i only wanted to ask you how do u calculate the regen. is it the degen-life regen? flasks active or ianctive? atm my pob shows 1050.7 total degen, 1360.6 net life regen and 2411 shield regen. do you acount for shield regen or its just 1360.6-1050.7=309.9 with inactive flasks? with active flasks i have 565.5 degen and 1845.5 life regen.
Do feel free to hit me with any questions on anything I've said the last few pages. I'm the first to admit I'm still new to the build (and the game relatively speaking), so all sorts of places I could be off the mark or doing things inefficiently. Delighted to have anyone query me or correct me on any of it.

Anywhere I've mentioned regen the last few pages is the Net Life Regen figure (which is Total Regen [life + shield] - Total Degen [life + shield]) straight from PoB. Any additions to that, so consecrated ground giving us 6% or having taken a hit for the 2% from boots or flasks or Enduring Cry (except where explicitly mentioned), I ignore from the base figure. So your +1360.6 figure I'd have given as just the +549.5 (with the consecrated ground and hit recently unchecked).

I could be doing that all wrong and might not be the 'standard' way of talking about the figures. If not, apologies, I just went to what was intuitive to me.

3.1 VIDEO IS UP!!!!!!!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:

3.1 VIDEO IS UP!!!!!!!

SAWEEEEET!
i'm little confused about recovery from items how the math work,

if i get like 30% more recovery item do we do like "total reg = base reg * 1.3?

including items such rev totem and stone golem?

edit : i got a watcher's eye with 29% more recovery it didn't seem to do jack shit
Last edited by Mclilzee on Jan 18, 2018, 5:46:25 AM
Yay, final AFK goal achieved 1 day before Watcher's Eye nerf :-)
Looking at the amount of slack I still have it will still be fine on the nerfed version though.

Phoenix AFK kill without flasks/fortify:
https://youtu.be/d5LGF79inEQ

So that's all guardians, Shaper, Elder and his guardians done. If anyone has any other suggestions I should try, let me know.
"
Mclilzee wrote:

edit : i got a watcher's eye with 29% more recovery it didn't seem to do jack shit

The watcher's eye you're talking about has "life recovery with vitality". That's doesn't work for us because we regen ES, not Life.

The 20% ES recovery you can get on a shaped belt does work however.

The recovery is calculated as a multiplier against your total regen. So let's say you have 2k regen from al sources combined, then the recovery mod multiplies that by 1.2 in case of the 20% roll, resulting in 2.4k regen. That's why it's so powerful.
Last edited by Fritso on Jan 18, 2018, 6:44:25 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Mclilzee wrote:

The watcher's eye you're talking about has "life recovery with vitality". That's doesn't work for us because we regen ES, not Life.

The recovery is calculated as a multiplier against your total regen. So let's say you have 2k regen from al sources combined, then the recovery mod multiplies that by 1.2 in case of the 20% roll, resulting in 2.4k regen. That's why it's so powerful.

yeah i noticed that but thought even life recovery work cos we using Zealot's Oath it wasn't clear
"
Mclilzee wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Mclilzee wrote:

yeah i noticed that but thought even life recovery work cos we using Zealot's Oath it wasn't clear

I understand the confusion. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Zealoth's Oath.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info