[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Can any1 give me a indication of what this could be worth?

I was thinking of listing it for like 60ex but I have no idea if that is stupid or not. In abyss if it matters :)
Looks like the Clarity version of Watcher's Eye with mana to ES is still pretty much the BiS jewel to have for more ES. Even with zero mana investment it still gives me about 1.3k ES. No other jewel can come even close to that.
"
Fritso wrote:
Looks like the Clarity version of Watcher's Eye with mana to ES is still pretty much the BiS jewel to have for more ES. Even with zero mana investment it still gives me about 1.3k ES. No other jewel can come even close to that.
I have to say I do enjoy the mechanics the Watcher's Eye brings to the table. Having spent ages tweaking and optimising a tree around a flat Vitality regen eye, it felt like going back to the drawing board again when I got a % ES Discipline one. Suddenly nodes I'd completely ruled out for being inefficient for me were now optimal.

I had assumed it would happen with the Clarity one given how alien the mechanic there is, but even just going from Vitality to Discipline made a huge difference in tree choices. Really love that sort of thing to keep play fresh.

Hey y'all, first of, thanks for the fantastic build, only level 75 and it looks damn promising. I had several questions tho, first is, what should I go for next ? I did follow the instructions concerning the 3 mana auras in the helm + lvl 3 enlighten but I still cannot run all 3 together, I get down to 0 mana. My last question is, when did you stop losing energy shield with RF ? I have 6.5k ES and i'm still losing energy shield, thanks in advance if you can help !
"
Kozuc wrote:
I did follow the instructions concerning the 3 mana auras in the helm + lvl 3 enlighten but I still cannot run all 3 together, I get down to 0 mana. My last question is, when did you stop losing energy shield with RF ? I have 6.5k ES and i'm still losing energy shield, thanks in advance if you can help !

Some quick tweaks that'll get you rolling.
Far from 'optimised' here, just enough to get your auras up and get you into positive regen. With a little thought and consideration you can probably improve upon these tweaks greatly, but having a starting point might help.

- Swap Vitality and Blood Magic
- Drop Empower (for now) and drop your Level 14 Clarity (might want to hold on to both, could end up going back for 'em later on)
- Grab a Level 1 Clarity (or anything 6 or below) and an Enduring Cry to throw in your free slot in the boots
- Drop your Conq Efficiency jewel and grab a nice jewel giving you ES and some damage (8% ES and 20% Burning damage a nice base or +45 flat and some DoT damage also works)

SO:
- Your helm becomes Enlighten > PoI > PoL > BM
- Your boots become Discipline > Enduring Cry > Level 1 Clarity > Vitality

- Drop the 4 points down to path of the savant and the 2 to purity of flesh
- Grab the 5 points to influence and the 8% ES above Arcane Focus

So you'll need 6 respec points (either from your playthrough or from orbs of regret), but the above will get you to (just) positive regen. Still a long way to go from there, but it'll get you moving. Something like a flat Vitality life regen Watcher's Eye (about 2ex) would give you a huge boost (or a % ES Discipline one which will be much better in the long run), but might be outside of your budget for now.

Also worth trying to get your Purity of Fire sorted out. You can pick up failed corruption Level 20 ones for a couple of chaos. You'll need to get that into a +3 unset in order to get the additional max res from it (or else spend a couple of ex on a 21 PoF), but that'll make a big difference to your degen going forward. Leveling your other auras will help a lot too, so keep an eye out for cheap corruption options that might speed up the gains there.

From there on the tree you'll be grabbing the 3 ES nodes under Deep Wisdom and then the jewel socket at Quick Recovery (you can go jewel earlier if you find damage is more of an issue than sustain, or if you get a jewel to really help with the sustain). So lots of big wins coming up there for both ES and damage.

I assume you're still just making the transfer over to this build?
If not and you're actively playing it, be sure to get your shield charge going, maybe add an Arcane Surge setup to your OoS and fix those flasks. Ahfack has the flasks explained really well in the guide, but shout if you've any questions on it.
Edit: Thanks for the build =)
Last edited by OverTheWideRollingEarth on Jan 19, 2018, 5:52:23 PM
pleaser check my Guardian char,
my ES is 5k so far, i know that i need more lvl to open ES nodes, but im not tank at all.
this is my first time play ES LLRF so I dont know how to make this char better. PLS help me
"
this is my first time play ES LLRF so I dont know how to make this char better. PLS help me
Have you read the guide? If so, go back over it again.

You're using a rare shield without either reduced damage over time or max fire res. That'd be a bad choice even if you had the regen to allow it, but when you're struggling for regen it's just crazy.

Grab a Rise of the Phoenix, go through the guide in detail (the life and diamond flasks simply shouldn't be there), try to understand the mechanics and if you're struggling on them ask specific questions. I'm all for jumping in and helping folk but it's hard to give advice to a general 'help me' when it's obvious vital elements of the guide were completely ignored.
Greetings

First of all, i really like this build. I "farmed" Uberlab today for the first time and it was super easy.
I just crafted my shield but i need to divine it still. Can you guys give me a tip on how to efficiently improve my char further? Thanks.
Last edited by srttom on Jan 19, 2018, 11:54:20 PM
"
srttom wrote:
Can you guys give me a tip on how to efficiently improve my char further? Thanks.
Jewels are powerful atm, so worth looking at dropping the Conq Efficiency and replacing it with something to give you a damage boost. Something with 8% ES and 20% Burning Damage will leave you at pretty much the same ES and regen, but with a boost in damage. (Read through any of my longer posts recently, explains the steps there with gem swaps)

I'd drop the 3 6% ES nodes towards Path of the Savant and instead grab Shaper and start moving towards the jewel there. Short term drop in ES pool, but with a gain in regen to compensate and when you grab that jewel it'll open up options.

Worth thinking about dropping one of the mana reduction nodes at Sovereignty and instead grabbing the aura effect node to boost your gains.

Your Watcher's Eye is giving a nice QoL with the freeze immunity, but take care with the potential for shock there. Definitely worth trying to pick up one that will help with your ES pool or regen (Clarity/Discipline/Vitality).

Lots of room there for upgrading gear. Anger crafted rings, ES recovery on belt and 2% enchant on boots would all provide some nice help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info