[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Jumper314 wrote:
I have seen several people with belts with "+% Energy Shield Recovery Rate" Shaper mods on them. From the comments I was reading it sounded like it was intended to increase ES regen. However, when I put it on only my ES Recharge stat changed. Am I missing something regarding how that affix applies or is it not actually useful to the build? Thanks.

It applies to ALL sources of ES recovery. Regen/Recharge/Leech - anything!

The reason I ask is that I bought a belt to do some Science. When I equip it my sheet ES regen does not change, but my sheet recharge does. I wanted to make sure that it was worth my time before I went down the rabbit hole of more testing on it.
Hi, Managed to do Shaper pretty easily with this build but couldnt get past trio for uber atziri, kept getting almost 1shot by stuff, any ideas how to make the fight easier? Character is SasukestormXXX

Thanks
"
Jumper314 wrote:
The reason I ask is that I bought a belt to do some Science. When I equip it my sheet ES regen does not change, but my sheet recharge does. I wanted to make sure that it was worth my time before I went down the rabbit hole of more testing on it.
It's helping your regen alright, they've just made some crazy call not to have "Recovery" additions to regeneration visible on the character sheet. It's been the same with The Beast Fur Shawl for a long time. Seems a crazy call. Makes optimising a character much harder when you're forced to take takes on faith and/or rely on third party tools like PoB to give you the real numbers.

Quick test: Play a few minutes with it and a few minutes without it. The difference is very noticeable.
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Jumper314 wrote:
It's helping your regen alright, they've just made some crazy call not to have "Recovery" additions to regeneration visible on the character sheet. It's been the same with The Beast Fur Shawl for a long time. Seems a crazy call. Makes optimising a character much harder when you're forced to take takes on faith and/or rely on third party tools like PoB to give you the real numbers.

Quick test: Play a few minutes with it and a few minutes without it. The difference is very noticeable.

It is very easy to test. Roll any -max or less regen map. I degen without belt and sustain with belt. If you don't have as much regen, you can keep track of how much ES you lose before the guardian recovery kicks in.
How much scorching ray damage should be doing in order to kill uber atziri/shaper?

Can anyone check out my profile.

Thanks.
Can someone who speaks Spanish help me https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jaos159/characters estoy haciéndome la build ful vida pero no puedo usar fuego justo sin que me coma vida, con esos anillos q tengo y el amuleto no me baja la vida pero igual estoy débil ¿qué debería comprarme ?
"
animefan69 wrote:
Hi, Managed to do Shaper pretty easily with this build but couldnt get past trio for uber atziri, kept getting almost 1shot by stuff, any ideas how to make the fight easier? Character is SasukestormXXX

Thanks

Uber Atziri and it's bosses are mechanical fights, if you do the mechanics wrong you die (barring insane gear). For uber trio you need to keep moving, avoid the blood rain (will probably one shot you), kill the ranged lady first then move away from where she died, repeat with the other two making sure to not stand in the ground dot they leave behind on death.

It helps to have insane dps so you can brute force it, but the fight is very doable without. Decoy totem is useful here (as it is almost everywhere).

"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
How much scorching ray damage should be doing in order to kill uber atziri/shaper?

Can anyone check out my profile.

Thanks.

I wouldn't like to do it with less than 400k shaper dps, at around ~700k it feels comfortably fast. This build is never going to match the speed of a glass-cannon boss killer though, especially not in league.
Last edited by EsperP on Jan 16, 2018, 12:45:48 AM
Playing this build an loving it! I picked up a Watcher's Eye that grants Freeze and Shock immunity while affected by respective purities for 2 ex. Good for this build or is there another much sought after stat on that jewel?
I just respecced out of EK tonight! Been farming for a bit, glad to finally make the switch.

Hey all, looking for some advice on what to upgrade next for my character. My Opal is bad (cheap-ish craft) and my Gloves could use a bump, but the Dex is nice. Have a pretty good budget to work with.

Goal is farming Shaper, never played RF prior to this so I have no idea if I'll be able to. Killed Minotaur fairly comfortably on Ele Weakness + Enfeeble so far.

Mostly looking to see if my tree is correct and if my gear should suffice. Sitting at ~9.4kES buffed, only 33 mana but it's enough to cast SR + Orb of Storms - should I have more mana than this?

Character: DreckerPlaysAMetaBuild

Particularly proud of this thing, good craft:
"
SebbeTg wrote:
Playing this build an loving it! I picked up a Watcher's Eye that grants Freeze and Shock immunity while affected by respective purities for 2 ex. Good for this build or is there another much sought after stat on that jewel?

The sought after stats are:

% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality
% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline

% of Physical Damage taken as Fire Damage while affected by Purity of Fire
% of Physical Damage taken as Cold Damage while affected by Purity of Ice
% of Physical Damage taken as Lightning Damage while affected by Purity of Lightning

The best, currently, is %mana as ES and the best partner to it is +% ES regen (with the life regen one being about 1/2 as effective assuming a good ES pool). A gem with these will cost a fortune though.

The %Physical taken as x are very good, with Fire quite a bit ahead of the others.

Most of the others that are applicable (immunities) are decent QOL improvements but they fall short in terms of raw power. Generally speaking I'd aim for %mana as ES paired with anything useful at all, even the QOL ones will give you more flexibility with flasks etc.

They are talking about "correcting" how the %mana as ES one works though, no idea if they're planning to do that mid-league or not. It'll still be very good though, currently it's very powerful indeed.

Last edited by EsperP on Jan 16, 2018, 9:27:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info