[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Any advice will help please
Hey Exiles,

Okay... I did it... I defeated Uber Atziri with this build. So lets talk about the fight.

I walked ino the first room and shield charged into a pack and died instantly. You have to be careful and take it super slow...

2x vaal - run around...
3x bros - i died 3 times to the archer; the spikes really hurt. So just kill him off first and run around in a circle until the rest die.
atziri - TOUGH fight, i got 1 shot immediately. with 1 portal left, i ran around like a chicken with its head cut off, but somehow came out victoriously.

See my gear below:

If anyone has any advice on being more tanky please let me know.. i got shredded most of the fight with 11.5k es and MAX res. Chaos is 0% though.

Thanks,
Adam.
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
If anyone has any advice on being more tanky please let me know.. i got shredded most of the fight with 11.5k es and MAX res. Chaos is 0% though.
Congrats!
UberAtzi is a tough fight, regardless of the build or the gear. Great job downing her.

Glancing at your tree, there's a lot of spell damage scaling in there that's only helping your SR and doing nothing for your RF. That could be your playstyle and you like to stay super ranged, which is fair enough, but if it isn't something you're especially going out of your way to do I thought I'd mention it.

At the minute you're sitting on 11506 ES, +383.8 regen, 147942.3 RF and 41363 SR.

If it were me, I'd:
- Drop the 4 nodes down to Path of the Savant (+4 nodes)
- Drop the jewel socket left of Harrier (+3 nodes)
- Grab the two outstanding ES nodes under Deep Wisdom and the one extra above it (-3 nodes)
- Grab the jewel socket to the right of Holy Fire (-3 nodes)
- Then grab either the last aura effect node at Sovereignty (11747 ES, 416 Regen, 153491 RF and 39916 SR) or the Ancestral Knowledge point (11823 ES, 400 Regen, 154363 RF and 39916 SR) [so Regen vs ES pool, but tiny margins between them]

So assuming you're not sniping targets from across the screen you're now doing more single target (the RF + SR combined) and a lot more AoE (your RF) while having a slight bump in ES pool and regen. It won't change the world, but every little helps.

From there, I'd look at upgrading your jewels.

Jewels are crazy good at the minute, so I'd be real keen to drop that Conq's Efficiency. It really ain't efficient. You can achieve it too with a little messing around.
Swap your Blood Magic and your Vitality, so your helm is BM > PoI > PoL > Enlighten 4. In your boots, drop your Empower and replace your current Clarity with a Level 1 (or if you have a Level 8 Clarity handy that would be perfect). Your boots then become Vitality > xxx > Clarity Level 1 > Discipline, where you'll level that Clarity up to Level 8 pretty quickly.

All that messing about will leave you with 11569 ES, +415.6 Regen, 151449.8 RF and 39916.7 SR. Comparing those to the original figures you'll see the ES is up a little, the regen is up a little, the RF is up a little and the SR is down.

Except now you've got a free red gem slot in your boots for Enduring Cry (at least until you get a helm enchant to revert back to Empower) for an on demand regen boost. More importantly you have a free jewel slot where you can add in ~50 flat ES to scale ES pool, a Watcher's Eye to scale ES or regen, ~30% more damage (on both SR and RF) with a two mod damage jewel or whatever nice jewel combination you can lay your hands on. Personally I'd be keen to grab a Watcher's Eye to help scale the regen, so either a % ES Regen with Discipline or a Flat Life Regen with Vitality jewel. The latter tends to go for about 2ex, so hopefully won't be out of reach.

While you're at it I'd look at upgrading those existing jewels. They could be doing way more for you with just a little investment. Burning damage, DoT and Fire damage will all scale both skills, so only go for spell damage as a last resort there.

Can someone help me? Im trying to craft a good Sceptre with high fire damage. Is the high fire damage (Ive seen 80 or 90%? prefix from alt/regal or essences??
I'm at the point where I'm looking at equipping new shields - crafted two, the archon was second as I realized resists will be really difficult to fix:

I realize the archon will have ~30 less ES constantly, but I'm worried about capping resists, running the first shield I'd probably have to drop vertex and get a level 4 enlighten, or at least a better belt

Current Gear:
Spoiler

I was really excited about the opal I bought until I realized it would be hard to replace my unset ring, and it doesn't have an open suffix for crafting which would have helped. Shavs needs a little divining love, I suppose if I swap my gloves to cold resist it becomes a lot easier to replace the unset.
ign - Zilead
Last edited by Nicol on Jan 16, 2018, 10:33:41 PM
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:

Great explanation and help! Think you could do the same for me? Currently sitting at 9.4k ES and not really sure where to go from here / how to adjust my skilltree.
Good Morning fellow Righteous Guardians,

I am thinking about switching my Oak to +2 Passives in Abyss but I am not quite sure which nodes to take for it.

hes is a pastebin if you want it:
https://pastebin.com/6L2vmrFx

Abyss SC

And I was wondering what are good DPS stats to kill the Shaper? This is my Goal this league.
I am having 171487.1 RF dps vs Shaper (If EQ)
Is this an OK number for a first try?

Thanky you in advance
"
Alienbutter wrote:

I am thinking about switching my Oak to +2 Passives in Abyss but I am not quite sure which nodes to take for it.

Abyss SC

And I was wondering what are good DPS stats to kill the Shaper? This is my Goal this league.

Thanky you in advance

From a quick look it seems you have around 500k combined shaper dps without flasks, that seems like a fine amount to take on shaper but it won't be super fast so you'll need to pay attention to the mechanics.

As far as skill points go, if I was you I'd drop Explosive Impact (4 points) and oak (2 points) and get 2 more gem sockets (3 points each). But I'd only do this for %es+2 damage stat gems, which I notice you don't have currently. Something to work towards maybe, jewels are very good for us.

Assuming this isn't on the table atm what I'd do is drop oak(2 points) and Purity of Flesh (2 points) and then grab Faith and Steel (3 points) + Ancestral Knowledge (1 point). This'll give you about the same ES as if you just grabbed 6% nodes but it comes with bonus resists/armour/mana. Either way you'd be at ~9.8k es.

You could also look into replacing your Catalyst, should be able to get one with higher damage for cheap. Looks like catalysts with +130% burning are under 30c now.
Last edited by EsperP on Jan 17, 2018, 5:01:01 AM
"
EsperP wrote:
"
Alienbutter wrote:

Abyss SC

Thanky you in advance

From a quick look it seems you have around 500k combined shaper dps without flasks, that seems like a fine amount to take on shaper but it won't be super fast so you'll need to pay attention to the mechanics.

As far as skill points go, if I was you I'd drop Explosive Impact (4 points) and oak (2 points) and get 2 more gem sockets (3 points each). But I'd only do this for %es+2 damage stat gems, which I notice you don't have currently. Something to work towards maybe, jewels are very good for us.

cya
Assuming this isn't on the table atm what I'd do is drop oak(2 points) and Purity of Flesh (2 points) and then grab Faith and Steel (3 points) + Ancestral Knowledge (1 point). This'll give you about the same ES as if you just grabbed 6% nodes but it comes with bonus resists/armour/mana. Either way you'd be at ~9.8k es.

You could also look into replacing your Catalyst, should be able to get one with higher damage for cheap. Looks like catalysts with +130% burning are under 30c now.

Thank you very much.
I went for the 2nd path and got faith of Steel.
Now I will reach lv.92 I think about dropping Explosive Impact, I could get the 2 socketzs then.
Also I did buy a new Catalyst.

I will try shaper soon.
Made my way to the guardians.
Red Elder T15 was a smooth fight, only the black ground was problem ;)
Last edited by Alienbutter on Jan 17, 2018, 7:03:02 AM
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Congrats!
UberAtzi is a tough fight, regardless of the build or the gear. Great job downing her.

Glancing at your tree, there's a lot of spell damage scaling in there that's only helping your SR and doing nothing for your RF. That could be your playstyle and you like to stay super ranged, which is fair enough, but if it isn't something you're especially going out of your way to do I thought I'd mention it.

At the minute you're sitting on 11506 ES, +383.8 regen, 147942.3 RF and 41363 SR.

If it were me, I'd:
- Drop the 4 nodes down to Path of the Savant (+4 nodes)
- Drop the jewel socket left of Harrier (+3 nodes)
- Grab the two outstanding ES nodes under Deep Wisdom and the one extra above it (-3 nodes)
- Grab the jewel socket to the right of Holy Fire (-3 nodes)
- Then grab either the last aura effect node at Sovereignty (11747 ES, 416 Regen, 153491 RF and 39916 SR) or the Ancestral Knowledge point (11823 ES, 400 Regen, 154363 RF and 39916 SR) [so Regen vs ES pool, but tiny margins between them]

So assuming you're not sniping targets from across the screen you're now doing more single target (the RF + SR combined) and a lot more AoE (your RF) while having a slight bump in ES pool and regen. It won't change the world, but every little helps.

From there, I'd look at upgrading your jewels.

Jewels are crazy good at the minute, so I'd be real keen to drop that Conq's Efficiency. It really ain't efficient. You can achieve it too with a little messing around.
Swap your Blood Magic and your Vitality, so your helm is BM > PoI > PoL > Enlighten 4. In your boots, drop your Empower and replace your current Clarity with a Level 1 (or if you have a Level 8 Clarity handy that would be perfect). Your boots then become Vitality > xxx > Clarity Level 1 > Discipline, where you'll level that Clarity up to Level 8 pretty quickly.

All that messing about will leave you with 11569 ES, +415.6 Regen, 151449.8 RF and 39916.7 SR. Comparing those to the original figures you'll see the ES is up a little, the regen is up a little, the RF is up a little and the SR is down.

Except now you've got a free red gem slot in your boots for Enduring Cry (at least until you get a helm enchant to revert back to Empower) for an on demand regen boost. More importantly you have a free jewel slot where you can add in ~50 flat ES to scale ES pool, a Watcher's Eye to scale ES or regen, ~30% more damage (on both SR and RF) with a two mod damage jewel or whatever nice jewel combination you can lay your hands on. Personally I'd be keen to grab a Watcher's Eye to help scale the regen, so either a % ES Regen with Discipline or a Flat Life Regen with Vitality jewel. The latter tends to go for about 2ex, so hopefully won't be out of reach.

While you're at it I'd look at upgrading those existing jewels. They could be doing way more for you with just a little investment. Burning damage, DoT and Fire damage will all scale both skills, so only go for spell damage as a last resort there.

Basically this.

Also don't forget you can get a shaped belt with the 20% es recovery mod on it for a big defensive boost in the for of more ES regen.

Something like this:
Last edited by Fritso on Jan 17, 2018, 6:30:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info