[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Revised guide looks good.

Can't remember if there's been an equivalent in Abyss league, but something I found helpful for league play was Derptime's Harbinger league overview from page 81 of this thread - could be nice to link a few of those longer takes in some sort of "temporary league tips" or equiv FAQ question, though obviously they risk becoming outdated.
"
Yoluun wrote:
I'm not sure I follow your gem setup. You can get away without conqueror using enlighten 3?
Yup.
As long as the enlighten 3 is in the Vertex (making it a pseudo 4) along with a BM, that can handle two of our 35% auras. I personally run Vitality and Purity of Ice, but that's colours more than anything else.

You can then run PoF, PoL, Discipline and Clarity off mana just fine as long as Clarity is kept around 6 or 7 (depending on your level and how much mana you have from tree and int) ending up with just 92% reserved or so.

You can glance at "Deimvne" for how I'm running it or at https://poe.mikelat.com/#HteWyu/9b.Np/VEOr.Bxe/upb.f_ if that's easier. Definitely the fastest and cheapest way to get all the auras up and running where the most expensive items are the Vertex (~5c if you're not going for high rolls straight off the bat) and an Enlighten 3 (20-25c).
Thanks TsuDhoNim i made a few of the changes you said im not gunna change neck atm im just gunna save for Presence of Chayula and then work the rest from there but thank you i think i did what i needed to do to my gems i just cant run POe atm cos of mana
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Yoluun wrote:
I'm not sure I follow your gem setup. You can get away without conqueror using enlighten 3?
Yup.
As long as the enlighten 3 is in the Vertex (making it a pseudo 4) along with a BM, that can handle two of our 35% auras. I personally run Vitality and Purity of Ice, but that's colours more than anything else.

You can then run PoF, PoL, Discipline and Clarity off mana just fine as long as Clarity is kept around 6 or 7 (depending on your level and how much mana you have from tree and int) ending up with just 92% reserved or so.

You can glance at "Deimvne" for how I'm running it or at https://poe.mikelat.com/#HteWyu/9b.Np/VEOr.Bxe/upb.f_ if that's easier. Definitely the fastest and cheapest way to get all the auras up and running where the most expensive items are the Vertex (~5c if you're not going for high rolls straight off the bat) and an Enlighten 3 (20-25c).

I'm going to have to test this! Could free up a jewel slot, which is huge. We gain so much damage from extra jewel slots.
"
shubae wrote:
... i just cant run POe atm cos of mana
Is that a typo? Or something I'm missing there?
(We don't run PoElements. It'd be great to sort out res issues, but impossible to fit in with our other 6)

Glancing at the gems it looks good. You should be able to fire up PoF, PoI, PoL, Vitality, Discipline and Clarity now with 13% mana unreserved. Level up your clarity to 5 or so (you get better sustain and more ES from the higher reserved mana) and you should be flying.

(Do take care leveling up your Arcane Surge. That needs to be kept pretty low level to ensure the benefits are proc'd each time you cast OoS. It ends up being a Level 6 Arcane Surge for a Level 20 Orb of Storms, but no idea what the steps are when leveling up along the way so do keep an eye on it.)

Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Jan 13, 2018, 8:20:44 PM
"
Haasts wrote:

Can't remember if there's been an equivalent in Abyss league, but something I found helpful for league play was Derptime's Harbinger league overview from page 81 of this thread - could be nice to link a few of those longer takes in some sort of "temporary league tips" or equiv FAQ question, though obviously they risk becoming outdated.

those tips are amazing. i have been checking a little bit and all his advices are on point! with the tree changes to the witch side, dropping the 4% mana reservation, the fire damage, the nodes by the shaper node, taking the MOM node and the 3 behind it now i have like 500 more ES shield, and better regen and almost the same damage.
"
Sark0t wrote:
"
Haasts wrote:

those tips are amazing. i have been checking a little bit and all his advices are on point! with the tree changes to the witch side, dropping the 4% mana reservation, the fire damage, the nodes by the shaper node, taking the MOM node and the 3 behind it now i have like 500 more ES shield, and better regen and almost the same damage.

With taking MoM, can you sustain casting SR under fire?
"
Yoluun wrote:
"
Sark0t wrote:
"
Haasts wrote:

With taking MoM, can you sustain casting SR under fire?

yes. with vortex + enlighten 4 and the node changes i have 5% mana unreserved. having 1690 total mana i am left with 84 mana which is enough to cast golem (68) and SR (26) without it being interrupted
"
Sark0t wrote:
"
Haasts wrote:

Keep in mind that those tips where from before MoM got nerfed. Currently the MoM nodes give you less ES than speccing into 6% ES nodes. The only way MoM is more efficient is if you use the Clarity version of Watcher's Eye jewel.

Ofc MoM can still be worth taking if you're having mana issues.

/edit: and for anyone thinking about applying his advise on getting the flask effect cluster for the 99% fire res, you should really consider speccing into Barbarism. That's only 4 nodes if you already took Arsonist. As a result your fire res will be 100% when you pop your ruby. This means you no longer take damage over time from RF, thus Araakali pantheon's 50% increased recovery kicks in. This increases your regen by 50% for the next 4 seconds.
Last edited by Fritso on Jan 14, 2018, 5:09:10 AM
"
Ahfack wrote:
Updated thread a bit. New video will be coming out probably within a week.

would you please add at which point we should change from oak to passvie points?

also

"
Ahfack wrote:
Soul of Arakaali for 5% rDoT + Captured Arachnoxia (50% increased Recovery rate of Life and ES if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time recently)

do we ever stop taking DoT dmg?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info