[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Ahfack wrote:
Updated thread a bit. New video will be coming out probably within a week.

Good stuff!
"
Ahfack wrote:
Updated thread a bit. New video will be coming out probably within a week.
Huge thanks for all the work and effort you put into the thread Ahfack. It really is appreciated.

Can't wait to see the new video coming out!
*said through gritted teeth as it's sure to bump up the prices for relevant gear even more :P*

Hello im kinda new to poe never played a LL build and i really liked the look of this build and just wanted some advice on my char its called Oldmansmallpen if anyone can give me some advice on what i can do i just dont seem to regen my sheild quick i know i need 20 pof its nearly 20 ive just 6 linked my shavs today i just wanted some advice on what i should upgrade first so i dont get wasted easy im finding it hard to do 11s i get melted atm any help will do
My Set up while not the most damaging, easily kills T15 maps and shaper guardians. Havent tried shaper himself yet. I think my shield and helm are good alternatives to vertex and or rares.

Crafted a pretty good opal ring!

can I use pyre ring instead of opal ring until level 80?
"
Salvi123 wrote:
can I use pyre ring instead of opal ring until level 80?

Yes.

Just make sure you don't have any flat cold dmg on your gear, because that would get converted to fire dmg and screw up your Elemental Equilibrium.
Managed to get this sucker on a 14c base with a single essence.

Has the right Res type I needed as well as some pretty solid damage & strength which helps for gem levels. If Exalts weren't so expensive on SC I'd be half tempted to try to slam it for the ES, but crafted works for the time being.

Any upgrade options ? apart from the belt , no crystal bet on market :D
"
shubae wrote:
... i really liked the look of this build and just wanted some advice on my char its called Oldmansmallpen if anyone can give me some advice on what i can do i just dont seem to regen my sheild..
Hey Shubae,
If I'm reading it right, you don't currently have enough mana to run all of your purities so you're dropping Purity of Ice? You've got a spare PoF you're leveling up in your boots but isn't active and a Purity of Elements you're not actively using too.

Correct me if I'm wrong there, but at a glance that's what I'd assume is happening to make the numbers balance out. With that you're getting 7018 ES and +112.5 Net Regen.

First, swap your Energy From Within to the Melding cluster (the jewel socket on the right hand side of your tree). Swapping it with the Pandemonium Curio jewel there will bump you up to 7098 ES and +123.4.

Next, swap Blood Magic and Vitality. You can run two of your 35% aura's off BM with the Enlighten 4 in the Vertex and then run the Discipline, Vitality, PoLightning and Clarity off mana. You'll need to grab a new clarity and keep it lower at around level 6 or 7 for now, but well worth it to get that extra purity running. That'll put you sitting at 7080 and +150.1/sec regen (with a chunk of extra cold res over cap to play with).

You have a Flame Dash, a Purity of Elements and a Purity of Fire not being used or providing any real benefit (other than leveling the gems and a little movement help). I'd drop the Flame Dash for a Lightning Warp (better range for movement), the PoE for Vaal Discipline or Vaal Lightning Trap (tanky vs dps - personally I'd probably go both and drop the lightning warp to weapon swap and level one less gem in your swap) and the PoF for Enduring Cry. With each of those you're getting at least some value, even if they're not ideal.

Edit:
- Completely missed and just realised why you'd so many free gem slots. Get your Orb of Storms setup in place. Procing EE and EO gives us a 40% Damage boost and drops the enemy resistance to fire by 25%, making a huge difference to our damage. Personally I'd move the Stone golem to my boots, three link the shield, chrome it to 3x blue and stick in Orb of Storms, Inc Crit Strikes and Arcane Surge (more damage)... but you can just 3 link it and leave the golem there and stick Enduring Cry in the boots for a more defensive setup. Either way, you want that OoS and crit strikes setup in place -
/Edit

There's a few spots gone wrong on the tree.
Drop the 5% ES node in the top right corner above Arcane Focus, drop the 6% ES node under Foresight, drop the four nodes down to Devotion (at least for now) and drop the 5% ES and armour node past Faith and Steel. So 7 Regret Orbs or 7 of the Regret points you built up during your play through.

With those points, grab Arsonist (big DPS boost that'll make it way more fun to play) in the bottom left of our tree and then either the top jewel socket or the ES nodes under Deep Wisdom. I'd probably edge towards the ES nodes, puts you under less pressure picking up good jewels just yet. All that will leave you at 7017 ES and +234.4 regen. (You could also undo two points at Written in Blood and invest them under Deep Wisdom for some gains, but probably not worth the cost so only consider it if you're really struggling to progress and need every little boost at the minute)

The Foul Arbiter jewel is very poor. That one needs to go. You should be able to pick up a solid +40 flat ES jewel pretty cheap that would help a lot more. The amulet is fairly poor too. I'd look to upgrade on that for sure. Normally a few decent Marble Amulet's about for ~15c that could work for you.

Without both of those you need 33 Strength, +13% Lightning Res and then as much flat ES/%ES/ES regen and intelligence (or burning/fire/DoT) as you can squeeze in. It can be hard upgrading a single item at a time, you get very shoehorned, so you might find it as easy to try upgrading your rings at the same time so you're more flexible and can move around where specific stats fall on your gear.

From there your next two levels (the ES nodes under Deep Wisdom) give you a further 22% increased ES, so some nice gains to come. Hope some of that helps.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Jan 13, 2018, 11:43:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info