[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Yoluun wrote:
Is there something wrong with tree/gear that I should be changing?
Fancy making your character public so we can bash it into Path of Building Yoluun and check out the tree? Makes spotting little issues or tweaks a lot easier at a glance.

As a ghetto short term band aid, try bashing an Enduring Cry into the free spot in your boots you're waiting to stick the Empower into. It takes some micro management and isn't really a long term fix, but means you're at least getting some value from the gem slot and in a pinch it'll help boost your regen. Worst case you're leveling up an EC you can flip later.

I'm guessing the issue here is probably that the degen is still very high with the no max res on the shield. Even with +2 max res and the 5% dot reduction that's a big jump in degen from the Rise of the Phoenix's +5 max res. Trying to out regen that higher degen is tough. A Watchers Eye with either flat or percent regen would help and a shaped belt with 20% recovery speed would help, but with both of those you're talking about ~2ex investment. Trying to upgrade to a +2 max res shield (with reduced DoT) would make an even bigger difference, but again very expensive. You could also consider switching out to a RotP until you have some of those items to give you a regen boost in the short term at the cost of your high end ES pool (but do check your numbers there in PoB to make sure you're happy with the exchange).

Thanks for the response! I changed to RoTP, and it definitely helps. I lose ~1k ES from the swap, so down to 8k ES now.
I also set my character to public.
I'm thinking I need to get a better unset ring (with +str and +dex) to free up the +30 dex node in my tree.

Created a PoB link: https://pastebin.com/SHLySKFA
Last edited by Yoluun on Jan 11, 2018, 10:28:38 AM

Is that sceptre better a doryani's ?

And should i aim for a better belt or thats alright ?
Build is going well. Very appreciate Ahfack work. Sometimes I feels immortal:)
I'm curious:
1. Why we replace Rise of the Phoenix with rare shield? This give us +1k-2k ES, but lowers regen greatly(damage boost of RF for 1-2k ES is not so great).
2. I can't figure out why we need change vertex to rare. Even with very good rare I got less ES in PoB(considering my res capped 100+ each)

Last edited by RawDamage on Jan 11, 2018, 2:55:36 PM
"
Kfanner wrote:

Is that sceptre better a doryani's ?

And should i aim for a better belt or thats alright ?

Pretty good belt. 60es on a crystal or stygian for a jewel would be nice, but overall it's pretty nice and (I assume) budget.

Sceptre, nah. Use doryani
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
RawDamage wrote:
Build is going well. Very appreciate Ahfack work. Sometimes I feels immortal:)
I'm curious:
1. Why we replace Rise of the Phoenix with rare shield? This give us +1k-2k ES, but lowers regen greatly(damage boost of RF for 1-2k ES is not so great).
2. I can't figure out why we need change vertex to rare. Even with very good rare I got less ES in PoB(considering my res capped 100+ each)

1. ROTP used to be a lot better because of the +max res. Now you can get a +2Max fire res/5rdot 280es shield just by alt/regal/annuling/multimodding a shield and its much better

2. Vertex is a great helm for the cost. It really comes down to min-maxing your setup. Rare helms can get more ES, especially with 55int roll. Also, when min-maxing, it's great to have mana regen/int or other suffixes on rings, and res on helm.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Thanks for fast answer.
Still have some questions about shield) you don't provide exact nubmers. I've checked in Pob, and for my gear it is not so good.
How can I get really good regen for:
Rise of the Phoenix vs +2 max res and 5% dot shield?
Do you really got bigger regen for rare +2 max res and 5% dot shield comparing to Rise of the Phoenix?

P.S. I have 15ex, could you point me to rare shield in poe trade that can increase my regen?
P.P.S. As I understand mechanics, more ES you got = more degen you got. So rare give more ES and less max fire res, that's why I can't understand how I can got more regen with rare. Maybe some adjustements in gear needed?
Last edited by RawDamage on Jan 11, 2018, 3:58:10 PM
"
Yoluun wrote:
Thanks for the response! I changed to RoTP, and it definitely helps. I lose ~1k ES from the swap, so down to 8k ES now.
I also set my character to public.
I'm thinking I need to get a better unset ring (with +str and +dex) to free up the +30 dex node in my tree.
Not too many things that'll one shot you at 8k (or at least not ones that wouldn't one shot you at 9k too), so I'd imagine it'll be worth the trade off for you for now. Having that higher regen does wonders for making you feel safe while melting everything. Takes a little off the damage from RF too, but a decent trade off if it's keeping you alive and feeling more tanky.

The rings and jewels are where we get to play around a bit, so nearly always where we end up looking to upgrade. We're probably tripping over each other trying to buy the same pieces.

Shows how popular RF is this league as so often when a nice ring/jewel pops on the market the price escalates in a matter of moments (one +3 unset went from 15c to 3ex and one jewel went from 10c to 4ex both in <5 minutes with multiple hops and from experienced players). Too many folk trying to jump on it I'd imagine.

I keep having to restrain myself from slamming incredibly average rings that just happen to tick a few of my needs. If you can manage to upgrade the unset at a reasonable price, super. If you're struggling with jewels I've seen it suggested that it can be cost effective picking up solid 2 stat magic bases and hoping to get lucky on a good regal. YMMV on that one, but it's an option if you start getting frustrated waiting for gg jewels. If you're feeling squishy you can go for abyss jewels with +45 flat and 10 to 15 DoT or if you're scaling damage stick to the Cobalt 8% ES and 20% Burning to push the DoT. Either side of the market is fairly pricey there, lower end is about 20c a jewel on ASC with it scaling rapidly from there depending on rolls and other mods.

You could get a quick win of ~40 ES upgrading your Vertex. I just grabbed a 296 one this evening for a few c and it could go up +300 if you hit one with perfect rolls. Not an awful investment giving how hard it is getting that extra ES to scale late on until you throw a few ex at a rare helm.

If you don't mind investing a couple of regrets in making life easier, you could make a short term gain opting out of the 4% ele on the way to the highest jewel spot for the moment. There's a 2 point jewel socket just below Templar (with a +10 strength on the path) which will give you access to another jewel one level earlier and some helpful strength.
That said, if you're breezing through leveling at the moment don't waste the regret and just keep cruising along until you get both jewel spots. If you're struggling to progress at the minute, spec out now and grab Ancestral Knowledge for a quick gain.

Not a whole lot obvious to change there now you've added the RotP. Mostly a case of throwing more levels at it.
First of all thanks for the guide man!I did all the endgame content (Shaper/Uber Atziri/Guardians) with 30 ex ish investment.According to PoB my shaper dps 700k (SR 450k & RF 250k) And 10.5k ES.
This build definitely viable for all content.My Gear:

I wonder if it's worth dropping the +2 ring and just run lvl 21 PoF with RoTP. I lose 1 max resist, but it frees up a ring slot for a strong opal ring. Max resist drops from 87% to 86%, and overall it looks like my degen goes up ~7.6%. Has anyone tried this? I wonder how well it'll work.
2% and 5% reduced dot beats 5% Fire res ? I find that pretty hard to believe, got numbers?\

And what's the reason for Death's Doors ?
Last edited by Soulcry_POE on Jan 12, 2018, 2:49:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info