[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

I am confused... How do I craft "x% maximum energy shield" on Rings? On the Blessing Font it says "Can only be applied to Amulets". Got all Masters lvl 8 (except Zana).
"
suffski_ wrote:
I am confused... How do I craft "x% maximum energy shield" on Rings? On the Blessing Font it says "Can only be applied to Amulets". Got all Masters lvl 8 (except Zana).

You cannot craft it, it's a legacy craft mod for rings.
"
Soulcry_POE wrote:
2% and 5% reduced dot beats 5% Fire res ? I find that pretty hard to believe, got numbers?

It deifinitely doesn't for regen, for example swapping my 234es 2% max fire, 5% rdot rare out for a RotP gives me 157.9 net regen (740.8 up to 898.7 or so), but I'd lose 1k ES & a bunch of damage. The only reason I use it is for more damage, higher ES pool, and because even without RotP I'm regenning enough.

"
Soulcry_POE wrote:
And what's the reason for Death's Doors ?

This is something I was wondering too. The only reason I can think of is for the bleed immunity, which a staunching flask does anyway. The only other thing I can think of is for the ele res, but with purities & getting it on other gear they don't seem necessary. I'm wearing Sin Treks at the moment, which give me more movespeed, more damage, more ES (about 555), and more regen (~20).
"
Rominiust wrote:
This is something I was wondering too. The only reason I can think of is for the bleed immunity, which a staunching flask does anyway. The only other thing I can think of is for the ele res, but with purities & getting it on other gear they don't seem necessary. I'm wearing Sin Treks at the moment, which give me more movespeed, more damage, more ES (about 555), and more regen (~20).
I'd imagine it's a combination of the bleed immunity (means you can switch to a Sorrow without losing utility which gives 50% more uptime and 3x uses or another utility flask), the ele res and the high strength. The combination means you've more flexibility to stack int or damage on other gear slots without having to work as hard on those factors. Both my rings are pretty much awful at the minute due to just this.

It's all a balancing act really. As long as you have bleed protection, as long as you're res capped and get all your strength & dex requirements it's a question of priority and playstyle on whether you're going RotP vs Rare (net regen vs damage) or Sin Trek vs DD.

I have to admit I absolutely love the time I've spent fiddling with it all in PoB. Learnt more about the game there recently than I ever have running around hacking stuff.
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:

I have to admit I absolutely love the time I've spent fiddling with it all in PoB. Learnt more about the game there recently than I ever have running around hacking stuff.

I'm the exact same, this has been my first proper build that I've put time & effort into. I've been checking out so many PoB tree pathways, and checking items against each other, it's amazing fun.
i have been told taht if you get stunned or frozen your RF still deals damage, that doesn't seem the cause when i get stuck with spike traps i stop dealing dmg to whatever around me until i get unstuck is it really that whne i get frozen or stunned i still deal dmg? have this been tested?

also i would like to know why do you take 6% energy shield and leave the 30 int node when you can benifit from the same energy shield and more mana to add to more energy shield?
"
Mclilzee wrote:
i have been told taht if you get stunned or frozen your RF still deals damage, that doesn't seem the cause when i get stuck with spike traps i stop dealing dmg to whatever around me until i get unstuck is it really that whne i get frozen or stunned i still deal dmg? have this been tested?

also i would like to know why do you take 6% energy shield and leave the 30 int node when you can benifit from the same energy shield and more mana to add to more energy shield?

I will be re-doing the thread a bit and mbXtreme will be making a new video for 3.1 covering some gear choices/changes.

the 30int node will be changed on the tree ;) hang tight

Not sure about traps
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jan 12, 2018, 1:04:43 PM
"
Rominiust wrote:
"
Soulcry_POE wrote:
2% and 5% reduced dot beats 5% Fire res ? I find that pretty hard to believe, got numbers?

It deifinitely doesn't for regen, for example swapping my 234es 2% max fire, 5% rdot rare out for a RotP gives me 157.9 net regen (740.8 up to 898.7 or so), but I'd lose 1k ES & a bunch of damage. The only reason I use it is for more damage, higher ES pool, and because even without RotP I'm regenning enough.

"
Soulcry_POE wrote:
And what's the reason for Death's Doors ?

Death's Doors is great for overall survivability. This build is meant to basically never die, and I personally value being bleed immune over a bit more ES. If you happen to be empty on a staunching flask, dying to that pisses me off SO BAD lol. It also brings 40strength to the table which is really nice (for vitality/blood magic gems), some res, and move. At the time of making this build, I got them with the 2% regen enchant I needed already on them for like 3ex (in standard) which was insanely cheap for endgame boots with BiS enchant. Pretty easy to divine too.

But Sin Trek are still really good for league, and I definitely recommend those for league/leveling as well.

And yeah, as far as shield goes +5max fire res gives you more regen for sure, but losing out on 1k+ES pool and damage is definitely something you'd like to consider. Especially with 20% Increased ES recovery mod on new belts, we can get Regen from elsewhere, meanwhile 1kes+ is a pretty big deal especially in league.

Last edited by Ahfack on Jan 12, 2018, 1:04:27 PM
"
Mclilzee wrote:
that doesn't seem the cause when i get stuck with spike traps i stop dealing dmg

RF deals damage only for monsters in LOS(line of sight). So if monster behind wall or spikes, you can't deal dmage.
Updated thread a bit. New video will be coming out probably within a week.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info