[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

These are my current items.

I currently still find my character pretty squishy and my RF doesn't kill on one run through - I have to linger for half a sec for the mobs to die sometimes. What would be the most significant upgrades in order to bump up my ES and if possible my RF damage as well? I'm looking at opal rings but those with good rolls are out of reach at the moment.
"
poopsehh wrote:
These are my current items.

I currently still find my character pretty squishy and my RF doesn't kill on one run through - I have to linger for half a sec for the mobs to die sometimes. What would be the most significant upgrades in order to bump up my ES and if possible my RF damage as well? I'm looking at opal rings but those with good rolls are out of reach at the moment.

Probably a good rare shield with spell damage rDOT will give you a huge ES boost.
I kinda feel like my ES recharge rate isn't high enough. Makes me feel a bit squishy is bad situations, in which my ES recharge can't keep up with the damage I'm taking, even with sulphur up. Is there something wrong with tree/gear that I should be changing?

Also noticed, even with enlighten 4(not shown below), I seem to be forced to run a conq jewel or I don't have enough mana to cast SR. Seem like my total mana pool is too low.

Last edited by Yoluun on Jan 11, 2018, 1:04:54 AM
How much currency is needed to get this build going? 20ex? more or less?
And what items should i try to get first. My priorities would be:
1. 6-Link Shav
2. Presence of Chayula
3. Deaths Door boots
"
poopsehh wrote:
I currently still find my character pretty squishy and my RF doesn't kill on one run through - I have to linger for half a sec for the mobs to die sometimes.
The quick fix there is to scale the RF damage in a few spots. We'd normally hope to have Burning/DoT/Fire or even in a worst case area damage being scaled on all of our rings and jewels. You shouldn't have too much trouble replacing the res on your Soul Gyre ring while adding a damage multiplier there. Same with the Hollow Hunger jewel with the strength and dex it's giving, you can grab a much better jewel to slot in there.

In two levels you open up another jewel spot and then a second new slot three levels after that. Getting damage multipliers (and ES flat or %) in both of those would make a noticeable difference without too much cost (can pick up ES + at least one of our damage stats for 1-10c fairly handy).
"
Yoluun wrote:
Is there something wrong with tree/gear that I should be changing?
Fancy making your character public so we can bash it into Path of Building Yoluun and check out the tree? Makes spotting little issues or tweaks a lot easier at a glance.

As a ghetto short term band aid, try bashing an Enduring Cry into the free spot in your boots you're waiting to stick the Empower into. It takes some micro management and isn't really a long term fix, but means you're at least getting some value from the gem slot and in a pinch it'll help boost your regen. Worst case you're leveling up an EC you can flip later.

I'm guessing the issue here is probably that the degen is still very high with the no max res on the shield. Even with +2 max res and the 5% dot reduction that's a big jump in degen from the Rise of the Phoenix's +5 max res. Trying to out regen that higher degen is tough. A Watchers Eye with either flat or percent regen would help and a shaped belt with 20% recovery speed would help, but with both of those you're talking about ~2ex investment. Trying to upgrade to a +2 max res shield (with reduced DoT) would make an even bigger difference, but again very expensive. You could also consider switching out to a RotP until you have some of those items to give you a regen boost in the short term at the cost of your high end ES pool (but do check your numbers there in PoB to make sure you're happy with the exchange).

Hi AhFack and gang! Really liking this build, however I feel like my damage is lacking. Here are my gear and jewels

I know I should be looking for %es+2 dmg mod jewels, saving up for those atm, with about 20ex budget left. Anything else I could upgrade besides the jewels? Sitting at 10k es atm
Hey, anything i can improve in my tree, gear? i am running with a mana guardian supp so i skipped most mana nodes
i was wondering with some passive tree stuff, when we have more points than our 90s build we take the 6% energy shield node, why not take the 30 int node that give us 6% energy shield + more mana = more energy shield?
So far it's been working pretty good apart from the fact that I either don't seem to have enough life regen or I'm not quite sure what is going on. I can sustain it just fine with flasks, but I feel like there is something that I'm missing, maybe I'm not building it correctly with my passives or something along these lines - would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Maybe swap to a RoTF for now? Would this benefit me at all? Maybe get a new helmet too while I'm at it?

Initially posted this on the actual build thread, but it doesn't seem to that active anymore. This is not the same exact build (I think) but it is quite similar.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info