[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Hi Ahfack i played ur Doomfletch in Harbinger and it was great.

I always wanted to try LL RF char and decided to try it this league.

What are the pros and cons of normal version vs the Mana Guardian aka 20k ES? What would you recommend?
"
NaneLz wrote:

Got enchant on boots, now Im looking for more upgrades, atm i have 15 ex to spend on it.

Compared pob stats with few profiles from last pages and im not rly satisfied from this what I have especialy vs that who use mom.

Where I need to look for upgrades first? Im thinking also about going MoM.

- As for MoM: only got there if you have one of these jewels. Otherwise MoM will result in less ES than general 6% ES nodes.

However, cheapest on seems to be over 20ex atm in Abyss league. So you're a bit short. It is a nice upgrade when you do manage to get ur hands on it though.

- Another upgrade would be getting an Opal ring instead of the two-stone ring for better dmg.

- You may also start looking into a Shaped Stygian Vise. Getin an ilvl 75+ one so you can roll up to 20% increases ES recovery rate. A big survivability boost.

- The gloves are kinda 'meh'. Shouldn't be too hard getting well over 100 ES. Especially with the buffed ES crafts after 3.0.

- Getting the 20% inc recovery on belt will allow you to run with a rare shield for more ES.

Hope this helps. GL
"
Wiuxo wrote:
Are these better than the RotP and Delirium gloves combo?

Jewel and Shield are perfect! Gloves....I dunno. I'd hate mapping with a conc effect gem all the time. AOE is king for mapping. For bossing, sure, you'd get a bit more dps.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
NaneLz wrote:

Got enchant on boots, now Im looking for more upgrades, atm i have 15 ex to spend on it.

Compared pob stats with few profiles from last pages and im not rly satisfied from this what I have especialy vs that who use mom.

Where I need to look for upgrades first? Im thinking also about going MoM.

- As for MoM: only got there if you have one of these jewels. Otherwise MoM will result in less ES than general 6% ES nodes.

However, cheapest on seems to be over 20ex atm in Abyss league. So you're a bit short. It is a nice upgrade when you do manage to get ur hands on it though.

- Another upgrade would be getting an Opal ring instead of the two-stone ring for better dmg.

- You may also start looking into a Shaped Stygian Vise. Getin an ilvl 75+ one so you can roll up to 20% increases ES recovery rate. A big survivability boost.

- The gloves are kinda 'meh'. Shouldn't be too hard getting well over 100 ES. Especially with the buffed ES crafts after 3.0.

- Getting the 20% inc recovery on belt will allow you to run with a rare shield for more ES.

Hope this helps. GL

Okay I'll work on gloves + belt , also aiming for jewel with %es regen + pof or smth what will benefit also.
About 5k Alteration spam later I finally managed to hit T1 ES and T1 onslaught on Abyss jewel :-)

Got trolled hard on the ex slam though...wanted cold/lightning dmg to attacks:

Still, the onslaught is very nice and noticable!

/edit: just noticed I trolled myself. Item already had 2 suffixes, so could't even roll cold/lightning to attacks lol
Last edited by Fritso on Jan 6, 2018, 1:53:07 PM
Hi , thx for your build but i have a problem, how you run all aura, i have discipline and clarity on blood magic, that's ok...

But on mana, if i active all purity and vitality with enlighten lvl 4 :

24% + 24% + 24% for purity and vitality with enlighten 4 = 72%
28% purity fitre so 72% +28% = 0 mana so impossible shield charge and use EQ.

Have you a solution ?

Thank you.
"
Fritso wrote:
To be honest I'm not a big fan of the phys to lightning one. Cuz that would mean that if you were hit with a crit phys attack, you'd get shocked and take increased dmg from all other sources, including RF degen. Which means you need to have your remove shock flask up all the time. The phys to fire one though...ohhhh goodie :-)
Deeze. Sad to admit I hadn't even realised that would happen with the conversion. Unknowingly probably did have the shock flask up most of the time, certainly never spotted the shock stack, but through luck not judgement.

Managed to upgrade it now to one of two alternatives.
A 5ES/4L/5Mana with 7% reduced Phys with Determination and 109 Life/sec with Vitality or a 4/6/6 with 40% reduced extra damage from crits and 134.1 life/sec.

I assume I'm better off with the crit protection? Costs 1% ES, but have to imagine the crit mitigation would be more valuable against the big hits. After missing the issue with the lightning damage thought it best to run this one past some smart folk. The constant Phys protection could easily be more valuable on the balance of things, but really hard to test it out in a meaningful way.
Hi, i have been following this build and so far its fenomenal. I can solo lab easily with this build and i finally managed to get the boot enchant. I have been trying out different items, like a rare shield and helmet and i achieve 8.5K ES which isnt bad i guess. The problem is i am not able to stay at full ES with said items and i have to use the vortex and the phoenix shield. With the rare shield and helmet i slowly lose shield, then the ascendacy kicks in and it goes to full instantly but the problem is in extended fight when i run out of flasks i am very vulnerable because i stay a few seconds on low shield. Am i doing something wrong? This are my items at the moment if any one can give me some advice besides going full quality on the gems. I just need to get more shield regen :(. Thanks!

PS: ASC.
Things i know i am missing:
- Get a few more levels.
- Quality gems.
- Enlighten 4 to have a fifth active aura for another 0.2 max life regen from Unwavering Faith.
- Purity of fire on an unset ring to push it to 23.
- Lower my resists (I have over 200 fire res which is absurd, but i did the build kind of fast without knowning what i had to do).
- 6 link shavs (not really necessary to kill shaper from what i have seen in this post).
Last edited by Sark0t on Jan 6, 2018, 3:49:08 PM
"
Sark0t wrote:
- Get a few more levels.
- Quality gems.
- Enlighten 4.
- Lower my resists (I have over 200 fire res which is absurd, but i did the build kind of fast without knowning what i had to do).
- 6 link shavs (not really necessary to kill shaper from what i have seen in this post).
Heh, looks like you've a fair idea where you're going from there. The PoF to 23 makes a big difference. When you're pushing fire res as high as we do each additional point makes a huge difference (moving from 85% to 86% fire res is more than a 6% reduction in our degen damage).

For now, I'd doubt there's any way you'll be able to out regen the higher degen you'd suffer from losing RotP. It really is an end game switch when you've lots of regen to play with and willing to sacrifice some for higher damage.

You've mentioned most of the steps to progress already, the main one to add being the Delirium gloves. Hard to beat that 30% DoT boost. Throw in a Watcher's Eye (lots of ok ones that help us a bit bouncing around for 1 to 2ex) and you'll be flying. No rush in looking to switch out to the rare helm and shield, they really are just boosting top end ES for added damage and avoiding the real big hits, but pretty much always at the expense of our regen. The top priority rare I'd look for being one of the shaped belts to boost recovery.
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Sark0t wrote:
- Get a few more levels.
- Quality gems.
- Enlighten 4.
Heh, looks like you've a fair idea where you're going from there. The PoF to 23 makes a big difference. When you're pushing fire res as high as we do each additional point makes a huge difference (moving from 85% to 86% fire res is more than a 6% reduction in our degen damage).

For now, I'd doubt there's any way you'll be able to out regen the higher degen you'd suffer from losing RotP. It really is an end game switch when you've lots of regen to play with and willing to sacrifice some for higher damage.

You've mentioned most of the steps to progress already, the main one to add being the Delirium gloves. Hard to beat that 30% DoT boost. Throw in a Watcher's Eye (lots of ok ones that help us a bit bouncing around for 1 to 2ex) and you'll be flying. No rush in looking to switch out to the rare helm and shield, they really are just boosting top end ES for added damage and avoiding the real big hits, but pretty much always at the expense of our regen. The top priority rare I'd look for being one of the shaped belts to boost recovery.

Thanks for answering! Yeah i know those are the biggest issues i have atm. But i wanted to know if there is more stuff that i dont know i am missing, and i am glad to know now that i dont have to rush for an early switch to a rare shield. I guess i will just sell my biscos (fucking fed up with shaped vaults tbh) and tune my build so i can start facing guardians and then shaper. Any recommended breakpoints with stats to face shapper? 8-9kES? How much life regen? RF % SR day? My POB shows 130k dmg on RF and 270K on SR at stage 8. If i boost my life regen would i need more dps or is that enough? Thanks!!

PS: Which stats should i look for on Watcher's eye?
Last edited by Sark0t on Jan 6, 2018, 3:58:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info