[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Yoluun wrote:
Do you need an enlighten 4 + vertex helm to run all the auras? With enlighten 3 + vertex and trying to run vitality, PoL, PoI (in helm) and PoF (in +3 ring), I am left with 0 mana.

read above
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Hejti wrote:
Have similar question like a Yoluun.

How effective will be this build on Abuss with around 80 EX investmen? I wanted to try RF for a long time, so maybe it would be a good moment now.

80ex is more than enough
"
vileIllusion wrote:
Seems like I tried to play this build with to little to invest into it, sitting at 6.7k es but am still incredibly squishy. t8 maps are doable with high up time on flasks. Feels bad since this char has about double the investment of first character and can clear significantly less content. Any suggestions on cheap (< 2 ex) upgrades or just farm until i get presence of chayula? Would the presence of chayula alone be enough?

Known upgrades
------------------
Regen jewel in belt isnt the best just havent gotten around to an es / damage mod jewel
6l shavs (~ 7ex)
lvl 4 enlighten for helm allows me to run purity of lightning (~ 4ex)
Presence of chayula (~ 6ex)

Currently most of my gems are also 0 quality and/or lvl 18/19 but wouldnt think this would be a massive change, but I am probably wrong. I think I need to get more mana but not sure where, jewels and rings I guess? Proper lab enchants would also likely help a decent amount.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

read above

really need a +max fire res/5rdot shield. Can get an elder shield base and chaos spam it a bit perhaps.

same with belt, a belt with 20%Es recovery is just too good to pass up

"
vileIllusion wrote:
Any suggestions on cheap (< 2 ex) upgrades or just farm until i get presence of chayula? Would the presence of chayula alone be enough?

"
Ahfack wrote:
really need a +max fire res/5rdot shield. Can get an elder shield base and chaos spam it a bit perhaps.

same with belt, a belt with 20%Es recovery is just too good to pass up
Both good suggestions in the long run, but I'm guessing you'd probably like some fast and cheap suggestions yet in the short term.

Drop the belt for a Baited Breath. It's hard to beat the 20% more ES and flat ES for 1c. It'll give you a nice bump in eHP and almost 25% jump in your net life regen (which isn't nearly enough given the low starting point, but it's a start). It'll mean you need to bump your cold res elsewhere, but well worth it IMHO. You'll definitely want to upgrade to a well rolled shaped one at some point, but Baited is a big improvement on your current one for now.

Dropping the Scepter for a Doryani (somewhere from 8 to 12c depending on timing and rolls) will give your RF a damage boost (~7%). Tiny boost for your SR too, but fairly negligible there.

Is the Efficient Training there to meet the strength requirement for gems?
If so, drop it. The jewels are too valuable to us to drop a complete jewel spot for and losing the int is hurting your ES pool too. Much better to make up that Strength on gear (rings or on actual jewels along with other stats).

If you can afford to pump +1ex into it try and grab a Watcher's Eye with the +110 flat regen from vitality (they normally go for 2ex ish, but a few bargains always pop up during the day). The jewel alone would give you a +40% increase in your net regen at the moment (and that's after I made the change to Baited Breath in PoB).

If you can't quite pull the cash together for an Eye, focus on getting the 8% ES jewels in place. You can use those to help fill out the cold res you lose from the belt and add as much fire/burning/DoT and especially regen as you can manage for what you can afford.

Worth trying to grind out the last of the leveling on the Blood Magic gem. If you can get that up to 20 you can use that and an enlighten 3 in the Vertex to allow you to run two of the 35% auras there and free up mana for the rest without needing the Enlighten 4 just yet. Well covered in the thread, so feel free to dig into some of the older pages there for a full breakdown.
Spent some time gearing, feeling pretty good in general. Sitting at 9k ES. Gear below:

Few things I'm thinking about in terms of upgrades:
1. Enchants on boots/gloves
2. Better crystal belt with more hp and ES
3. Enlighten 4.
4. Rare helm instead of Vertex to bump up higher ES.
5. Better rings with both elemental and burning damage (these are expensive lol)
6. 21/20 gems.
7. ??? Clarity Watcher Eye?

Thoughts? Sitting on 5Ex atm.
Last edited by Yoluun on Jan 7, 2018, 5:25:10 PM
"
Yoluun wrote:
Spent some time gearing, feeling pretty good in general. Sitting at 9k ES. Gear below:

Few things I'm thinking about in terms of upgrades:
1. Enchants on boots/gloves
2. Better crystal belt with more hp and ES
3. Enlighten 4.
4. Rare helm instead of Vertex to bump up higher ES.
5. Better rings with both elemental and burning damage (these are expensive lol)
6. 21/20 gems.
7. ??? Clarity Watcher Eye?

Thoughts? Sitting on 5Ex atm.

1. Enchants yes yes yes - even the free merc lab enchant on gloves is fine. You get 6% regen no matter what. Very handy for us! Regen on boots is very nice as well.
2. If you're going to upgrade belt, try to get one with the shaper es% recovery mod on it. So GG
3. Enlighten 4 is definitely handy for us. In the mean time you can use a conq efficiency jewel or the vertex should pull it off pretty good for ya.
4. Ya, Rare helm is very good, especially helping with the res you need an an open suffix for dex/str requirement.
5. ya those are expensive. Could buy some t2 essences and spam a bit if you felt lucky, or just watch what's on the market
6. 21 scorching ray is the biggest dmg boost. You should be leveling 6 SR's in your offhand the whole time anyway to vaal at 20
7. yeah watchers eye is OP, however it's a bad time to buy them. If they get nerfed later it'll probably be in their functionality and not their wording as I don't see anything wrong with the wording. Everyone did this build fine the past few leagues without them. I'd work more on the core gear first.
"
Ahfack wrote:

7. yeah watchers eye is OP, however it's a bad time to buy them. If they get nerfed later it'll probably be in their functionality and not their wording as I don't see anything wrong with the wording. Everyone did this build fine the past few leagues without them. I'd work more on the core gear first.

Though if you only play in leagues, not standard, grab an Eye for sure since it won't be changed before the league is over and once it is who cares?. They're expensive, but you can get bargains - I picked up a %mana as ES+Phys taken as fire for 13ex after keeping a very close eye on them for a while, they generally go for 30-40ex so you need some luck but if you're farming Elder it's a market you should keep an eye(!) on anyway.

Your sceptre is less damage than a Catalyst btw, I see you're using it to boost purity of fire but it might be worth finding a different way to do that (unset ring or empower in Vertex) and replace the weapon for some more dps.
Last edited by EsperP on Jan 7, 2018, 7:33:43 PM
suggestion for belt, isnt it better to use darkness enthroned with 2 abyss jewel that gives lifes and resist?
here is the list of item that i use, giving me 110 life, 110 energy shield, and total of 50 total elemental resistance
the jewel cost me 5 chaos each, and darkness enthroned is l chaos, so that cost me only 11 c for insane stat on belt.
(ASC btw)
edit: also the number can still go up, best case scenario is 50 es and life and 30 total elemental resist on each jewel, totalling in 150 life, 150 energy shield, with 90 total elemental resistance
Last edited by ThisisFreak on Jan 7, 2018, 11:23:07 PM
"
ThisisFreak wrote:
suggestion for belt, isnt it better to use darkness enthroned with 2 abyss jewel that gives lifes and resist?
here is the list of item that i use, giving me 110 life, 110 energy shield, and total of 50 total elemental resistance
the jewel cost me 5 chaos each, and darkness enthroned is l chaos, so that cost me only 11 c for insane stat on belt.
(ASC btw)
edit: also the number can still go up, best case scenario is 50 es and life and 30 total elemental resist on each jewel, totalling in 150 life, 150 energy shield, with 90 total elemental resistance

Yeah, it's great for leveling, especially since there's no level requirement, but ultimately a rare unique with es% recovery is just where it's at. Also, if you're rocking a rare helm with some res, and at least have some res on glove/whatever else, it's REALLY nice to utilize the belt-exclusive affixes such as es% recovery, 15 move, flask charges, etc...

"
EsperP wrote:

Your sceptre is less damage than a Catalyst btw, I see you're using it to boost purity of fire but it might be worth finding a different way to do that (unset ring or empower in Vertex) and replace the weapon for some more dps.

Yeah I hear what you are saying, but I did this setup to make it a bit easier to gear forward. It seems super hard to get damage on rings without opals, so I wanted both ring slots to be able to slot opal rings, and not feel like I had to regear multiple slots in the future when looking for upgrades.

Your empower idea is a bit intriguing. I'm curious how you end up doing the slots to make sure your mana reservation isn't completely messed up. Is there a tool somewhere to help check reservation %s?

I'm guessing something like
Vertex helm - Empower 3, purity of fire, purity of lightning, vitality
Death's door boots - Blood magic, discipline, purity of ice, enlighten 3/4
Clarity gem - random slot

Last edited by Yoluun on Jan 8, 2018, 12:57:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info