[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
NaneLz wrote:
Finaly made my char and got lucky with bisco drop so I have now 15 ex to spend. Its obvious that Ill get 6L shavs at first but i have no idea on what i should focus after It and i would appreciate tips with advices.
Big caveat here given I'm behind you in terms of gearing on my first RF char, so be sure to ignore anything I say in place of the more experienced voices once they chip in.

The first thing I'd look at there is your PoF. It's sitting in a +2 ring, so you'll need a 21 level gem to get that extra resistance point. So either swap the ring out for a +3 or else swap the PoF for a l21 corrupted version so you can get that last res point. Both give the same result, just depends on the price difference between the upgrades and if you're gaining/losing more in changing the ring to make it worth the cost of going that route. You deffo want to achieve a 23 PoF by one of the two routes.

Swapping out the RotP for a +ilvl80 Elder shield means you could get a +2 max res and 5% reduced DoT shield that would be a nice boost.

Getting the 2% regen enchant on the boots would be great too. Not sure if I'd pay for that though, at 1/15 odds it's probably worth just grinding out a few lab runs to get it. The light enchant for gloves on the other hand is going to be a tougher grind, but getting essence crafted with the enchant would probably be super expensive so again grinding could be the best bet there.

If you can manage to grab a relevant Watcher's Eye jewel it could do amazing things, though they can be VERY expensive so that could be more of a long term goal.

"
Fritso wrote:
"
EsperP wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

And how are you planning on proccing the regen from Soul of Araakali?
Immortall Call doesn't prevent the DoT from RF so ur still taking DoT. Only way to get it to proc would be gettin 100% fire res for a brief moment, which requires the use of RotP + Ruby flask + divination distillate. Or turn off RF which will trigger the regen boost.

I agree that it is godly, but mostly for other builds that don't run RF. Either that, or I'm missing something :-)

The part where I said "lots of degens to proc the effect" :)

Abysses have a ton of them, lots of the new monsters/bosses have them, the various "ground" effects are them, numerous boss mechanics count as them (Shaper's beam is a degen, Atziri spear throw also but that's much less frequent).

This league seems to be buried in degens tbh, IC+Arakalli seems to be proccing constantly in the more dangerous spots while mapping - abysses and breeches.

What I mean is the text states: "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently"

Because we are using Righteous fire, which causes us to constantly take fire dmg over time, we never actually stop taking dmg over time. As a result that 50% recovery buff never procs.

If you think it procs whenever you stop taking any instance of dmg over time, even while still under the effect of another dmg over time instance, do you have a source for that? How do you know it's proccing? As far as I know it doesn't work like that. You have to actually stop taking any and all dmg over time. Hence it never procs for us cuz we're using RF.

Edit: Just tested this using blood rage. The increased recovery doesn't proc for us because we're using RF, and are therefore never stop taking dmg over time.

Huh, I've never specifically tested it, but I do see my regen going crazy after IC procs...it's possible that it was just the ascendency 30% happening at the same time? IDK, not going to be back at my PoE computer for a couple more days, I'll test it out when I get back after xmas tho!
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
Swapping out the RotP for a +ilvl80 Elder shield means you could get a +2 max res and 5% reduced DoT shield that would be a nice boost.

Note that +2 max res and 5% reduced isn't as good as +5 max res - e.g. switching a RoTP for a 250 ES shield with +2max and 5% reduced would cost me close to 400 net regen.

Fine if you have a ton of spare regen and desperately need ES, but you can hit 12k-13k ES in abyss with a RoTP without minmaxing everything *shrug*
Last edited by EsperP on Jan 2, 2018, 6:11:57 PM
"
EsperP wrote:
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:

Note that +2 max res and 5% reduced isn't as good as +5 max res - e.g. switching a RoTP for a 250 ES shield with +2max and 5% reduced would cost me close to 400 net regen.

Fine if you have a ton of spare regen and desperately need ES, but you can hit 12k-13k ES in abyss with a RoTP without minmaxing everything *shrug*

Can you check my profile and give some advices on what i should focus first in upgrades?
"
NaneLz wrote:

Can you check my profile and give some advices on what i should focus first in upgrades?

Boots and gloves.

Boots - 2% regen, this enchant is really good - it's like having a bunch of free talent points. You could also get boots with better ES, but that's not massive.

Gloves - try to craft some new ones with 150+ ES, this is pretty random in how much it costs but with some annuls you can cut down how many essences you need. Not checked yourr character in PoB so not sure what your resists situation is but it shyouldn't be that hard to get decent gloves - all you need is good flat or % and craft the other.

These are mine this league, divined once and crafted flat and they're good enough.

Once you've made new gloves you could, if you wanted, throw an annul at your old ones and hope to hit the % or flat and craft them - might be able to resell them.

BUT - you most important upgrades atm would be just to farm some maps and get your gems up to 20, your level up to 90+ and get lvl 21 SR. This is what will make you feel more powerful.
"
EsperP wrote:
"
NaneLz wrote:

Boots and gloves.

Boots - 2% regen, this enchant is really good - it's like having a bunch of free talent points. You could also get boots with better ES, but that's not massive.

Gloves - try to craft some new ones with 150+ ES, this is pretty random in how much it costs but with some annuls you can cut down how many essences you need. Not checked yourr character in PoB so not sure what your resists situation is but it shyouldn't be that hard to get decent gloves - all you need is good flat or % and craft the other.

These are mine this league, divined once and crafted flat and they're good enough.

Once you've made new gloves you could, if you wanted, throw an annul at your old ones and hope to hit the % or flat and craft them - might be able to resell them.

BUT - you most important upgrades atm would be just to farm some maps and get your gems up to 20, your level up to 90+ and get lvl 21 SR. This is what will make you feel more powerful.

Thanks alot for that feedback thats what im going to do for sure ;) about boots which ones are better atm? sin trek or dd? sin trek with enchant can be bought on 50% of dd
"
NaneLz wrote:

Thanks alot for that feedback thats what im going to do for sure ;) about boots which ones are better atm? sin trek or dd? sin trek with enchant can be bought on 50% of dd

I prefer Sin Trek personally, but it does mean having to have a Staunching flask. I think the ES from Sin Trek is great, it's not hard to make up the strength somewhere else and I don't mind keeping an eye out for bleed. Other people might disagree though, it's down to preference really. Most hardcore players seem to go for Sin Trek for whatever that's worth.

Btw, it's doesn't take too long to farm boot enchants in lab, there arn't that many different ones. Of course if you hate lab or would prefer to buy so you can do something else in game that's fine.
Last edited by EsperP on Jan 2, 2018, 7:06:28 PM
Build feels great, I still do feel like I'm not doing great damage VS shaper, could anyone peek at my charac (righteousnightfall) and point me towards potential upgrades in my gear/tree? I'm a little stuck from here besides grabbing more ES in the next few levels. I have dreamer because mana is a bit of an issue rn. Thanks <3 <3
Anybody have thoughts on whether this can be run before obtaining presence of chayula? Interested in building this but that piece could take a while to get. Curious if I should just wait till I can afford it before making. Nice guide!
"
freaker811 wrote:
Anybody have thoughts on whether this can be run before obtaining presence of chayula? Interested in building this but that piece could take a while to get. Curious if I should just wait till I can afford it before making. Nice guide!

Thanks!

and yes it can. Read the last like 3-4 pages, it's discussed
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info