[3.25]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

Would you suggest using any other shield than lyco? I have 90% accuracy but my hp is just 4k with full gear and i rip on most bosses. Also what pantheons are you using?
Last edited by Kaizerbgr on Aug 15, 2017, 11:14:49 AM
Spoiler
"
Cryonist wrote:
"
Cryonist wrote:
I've been using ST+SlowProj/GMP+WED+AddLightning+Icebite+AddedCold since this provides me the most mapping DPS with status ailments (so no ele focus). I have found that as my crit increases the criticalDamage gem is becoming better then AddedCold. This also happens if the diamond flask is active.

So using my character as a reference Icebite+AddCold will be best until eventually you might get enough crit that criticaldamage outscales AddCold.

For reference the PoB link of my character: https://pastebin.com/2w0m37Rv

I currently have 35k Hideout DPS with GMP incl Golem and all 20/20 6l gems. PoB DPS is 287k GMP and 493k with slower projectiles. PoB DPS is with charges, flasks, point blank, curse, golem and on normal mobs. I'm feeling pretty good about my gear and reached the point where stuff gets ridiculously expensive for the benefit it provides. I have a good Rat's nest with 40% ST damage enchant, a great 6l belly and pretty decent other gear adding up to 5.8k life. It's about as good most people can expect to get this league I guess.

The gem setup is a little tight on this build but I decided to move some things around to have Onslaught gem linked to Herald of Ice. It procs infrequently en doesn't replace the flask at all but it has a 8 second duration and mainly procs after a fight is over. Consider it a 5th link for Whirling Blades because that is what I mainly use it for and it speeds up my map clear noticeably. Also I gave the Golem a CwdT... It's a preference thing I guess but self cast sucks and I only do it when I'm in front of a boss room (just take out CwdT for a moment) to have culling available. Culling doesn't work nearly as well on a golem as it did on Orb of Storms before. I'm wondering if this is even worth it. It probably isn't but I like a cull in my build.

Ele weapons are still a bit of a mystery. The DPS does not behave at all as I have come to expect from physical weapons. My current weapon is about 298ele dps costing a few chaos However if I upgrade it with higher rolls (340 or even tried 2 different 360ele claws) costing 100's of chaos the dps upgrade is like 35k dps to 35,7k dps. Can I conclude that elemental weapon dps is not important to this build at all? For reference one jewel with 2 attack speed rolls provides around double dps difference. I'd love other people's experience on this. As far as I can see the main roll on a weapon once it has a decent ele dps is the attack speed and not the ele dmg rolls.

edit Found out that I need critical strike chance on my weapon to give me the next big boost in dps. I've found a 30c weapon with 290 ele dps, AS and craftable crit chance. My hideout dps went from 35k to 40k.

After obtaining my new weapon and reaching 40k ho dps I am reconsidering my 6 link. Currently using ST with GMP/SlowProj and EleDmg/AddLightning/IceBite/ColdDamage. With the crit roll on my weapon Increased Critical Damage support gems outperforms Added Cold and Add Lightning even without diamond flask up. (4% better w/o and 11% better dps with diamond flask). The difference will get larger once I get critical strike chance on my necklace or rings.

Replacing AddLightning gives the most dps but only slightly more then add cold (0,4%) so other considerations could apply. Which of these 2 gems would you recommend I replace? Freeze/chill seems more useful then shock and replacing a blue gem would be easier so i'm tempted to replace added lightning.
I've started leveling a CriticalDamage gem so I can test ingame tooltip as well.

New PoB link: https://pastebin.com/qsEFxa1s
Last edited by Cryonist on Aug 15, 2017, 11:25:08 AM
Since 3.0 changed this build to use Claws instead of Daggers - what are your thoughts on the unique claw HoWA (Hands of Wisdom and Action) instead of using a rare claw?
"
Kaizerbgr wrote:
Would you suggest using any other shield than lyco? I have 90% accuracy but my hp is just 4k with full gear and i rip on most bosses. Also what pantheons are you using?

No, lyco is the only shield to use. Once you hit later levels (90+) your accuracy drops down to about 84% with full gear + passives on tree. 4k hp is pretty low, no idea about your char/gear/levels but with belly and not even "end game gear" just decent average gear you should be able to hit 5k pretty easily.

Between that, block, dodge, evasion, fortify, and most importantly LEECH you should not die to bosses. Read the guide carefully make sure you didn't mess anything up etc etc.

"
Cryonist wrote:

After obtaining my new weapon and reaching 40k ho dps I am reconsidering my 6 link. Currently using ST with GMP/SlowProj and EleDmg/AddLightning/IceBite/ColdDamage. With the crit roll on my weapon Increased Critical Damage support gems outperforms Added Cold and Add Lightning even without diamond flask up. (4% better w/o and 11% better dps with diamond flask). The difference will get larger once I get critical strike chance on my necklace or rings.

Replacing AddLightning gives the most dps but only slightly more then add cold (0,4%) so other considerations could apply. Which of these 2 gems would you recommend I replace? Freeze/chill seems more useful then shock and replacing a blue gem would be easier so i'm tempted to replace added lightning.
I've started leveling a CriticalDamage gem so I can test ingame tooltip as well.

New PoB link: https://pastebin.com/qsEFxa1s

I would just be mindful of any decisions you make. PoB is very easy to switch under certain circumstances and just go by the biggest number you see you have to take everything into account. It is also very easy to forget something trivial or turn on/off something that should/shouldn't be included.

Let me just give you an example. Increased crit damage may give more damage during diamond flask up time, so your dmg may be slightly higher with gem. However with even top rolled 20 quality increased duration diamond flask, your buff only lasts 6 seconds. While this may be useful during the 3 seconds it takes you to trash a t13 boss or something, the only time ANY of these calculations really make sense is for the harders of the hard fights (I.E. Shaper/guardians and such).

Now for the most part, your flasks are going to be down during shaper, 6 seconds is grat, but with all the phases and everything your flasks are going to be down for the most part, meaning most of the time you should be calculating your dps WITHOUT the use of diamond flask on.

Now I am not saying this gem still isn't best, this is all theory and all untested and this is JUST an example. However I would be careful. I would rather use a gem that is better 99% of times for all general clear + map bosses + most of a shaper fight than a gem that is better for only a fraction of the hardest fight.

"
Mallanach wrote:
Since 3.0 changed this build to use Claws instead of Daggers - what are your thoughts on the unique claw HoWA (Hands of Wisdom and Action) instead of using a rare claw?

Its terrible. Howa was nerfed, es was gutted, ci was ruined. You can no longer insta leech as ES. How good do you think how gonna be with less damage, significantly less es, and the inability to leech.
Can someone be kind enough to link me an average and a great claw search result in poe.trade? Thank you.
I just wanted to Thank you for the fun and effective build that you put together. I am having a blast and this is the longest I've stuck with POE. Starting to map and get into the nitty gritty of min maxing. About to pull the trigger on a belly and hopefully 6 link it.

Wondering about some info going back and forth about the best all around setup (and of course you haven't concluded your testing yet) - but to confirm - it looks like this is the most effective 6L gem setup?

ST+SlowProj/GMP+WED+AddLightning+Icebite+AddedCold

what about for 5L while we all work on the 6L?

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by smo on Aug 15, 2017, 12:27:05 PM
Made it to level 82 on this build, and so far so good!

One of my biggest questions so far is what is the best claw base i should be looking for to use with this build????

right now i'm using a Hellion's Paw, and it's about time for me to upgrade, is there a claw base out there that is considered the best to use? it's confusing to me because it seems like there's so many different bases to choose from

also is the 6 link for spectral throw changing?

i definitely don't recall seeing this in the build guide, is this the superior damage setup now???
"
Pete1028 wrote:

One of my biggest questions so far is what is the best claw base i should be looking for to use with this build????

right now i'm using a Hellion's Paw, and it's about time for me to upgrade, is there a claw base out there that is considered the best to use? it's confusing to me because it seems like there's so many different bases to choose from

also is the 6 link for spectral throw changing?

i definitely don't recall seeing this in the build guide, is this the superior damage setup now???

I think claws with base 1.6 aps and 6 crit are slightly better than 1.5 aps and 6.3 crit. This makes imperial claw the best base imo.

As for 6L, I'm still using the original setup of ST+GMP+WED+AddLight+LightPen+IncCrit while stacking lightning dmg on gear. It shows up as lower dps on paper, seems much faster in practice since almost all monsters have resistances and shock adds a lot of damage.

I haven't tested too extensively since getting chest to 3 blue sockets is not so easy.

Im around 850 fusings so with no 6L so far. Really hoping I get it soon, its basically my last big thing.
"
Pete1028 wrote:

The best claws are the ones with 1.5 APS and 6.3% crit or 1.6 APS and 6.0 crit. Since it is elemental damage the physical dmg part of the base does not matter at all. The implicit gets higher though. So the #1 claw I think would be Gemini just because it has mana + life on hit which helps for those that still seem to have mana issues. Imperial claw is the best of the claws that have 1.6 aps base and 6 crit though.

Overall any are pretty good that have 1.5 or 1.6 base APS.

"
DuFFzbar wrote:
Im around 850 fusings so with no 6L so far. Really hoping I get it soon, its basically my last big thing.

Ya sometimes 6ling takes me an atrocious amount of times, and sometimes its super simple. This league I got belly in like 262 fuse to 6l. Sometimes it takes me thousands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info