[3.25]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

My first char in PoE and i chose this build. it sounded cool and it is!

A few question i hope the author or someone else can answer me, since i am relatively new to PoE. but have played both the good diablos.

1) I am currently running in my fist: ele weakness, curse on hit sup, and herald of ice, is it correctly understood that these procs each other?

2) given that i run in my fist: ele weakness, curse on hit sup, and herald of ice. Assuming that these link together they only curse around that which i killed with herald, which is only trash. How then am i supposed to curse single target bosses? Is there anything that i can do improve this?

3) in my 4 linked gloves i run: orb of storms, pow charge on crit, culling strike support and area effect support. is this bad? should i be running culling strike linked with herald of ice?(which is in my fist)

4) The vessel of vinkhtar flask which increases dps but also dmg taken. Is the dmg taken debuff only a result of shocked or bound to the flask? in which case it makes sense that the build utilizes a remove shock debuff flask aswell, i suppose you just pop these after each other then? to only get the goddies?

5) I am running 4l boots with: summ lightning golem, minion life sup, wrath, and slower projectiles support. Now my question is what does the slower projectiles actually affect? only the wrath dmg? or does it chain via. the wrath to my spectral throw aswell? or only the golem?

Ty for your time, and hopefully answers :)
Last edited by Epizoon on Aug 15, 2017, 2:18:34 AM
Hi i have a question. What color is the best choice in belly: 3G1R2B,4G1R1B or any other configuration, thank you for your help.
"
Epizoon wrote:

A few question i hope the author or someone else can answer me, since i am relatively new to PoE. but have played both the good diablos.

1) I am currently running in my fist: ele weakness, curse on hit sup, and herald of ice, is it correctly understood that these procs each other?

2) given that i run in my fist: ele weakness, curse on hit sup, and herald of ice. Assuming that these link together they only curse around that which i killed with herald, which is only trash. How then am i supposed to curse single target bosses? Is there anything that i can do improve this?

3) in my 4 linked gloves i run: orb of storms, pow charge on crit, culling strike support and area effect support. is this bad? should i be running culling strike linked with herald of ice?(which is in my fist)

4) The vessel of vinkhtar flask which increases dps but also dmg taken. Is the dmg taken debuff only a result of shocked or bound to the flask? in which case it makes sense that the build utilizes a remove shock debuff flask aswell, i suppose you just pop these after each other then? to only get the goddies?

5) I am running 4l boots with: summ lightning golem, minion life sup, wrath, and slower projectiles support. Now my question is what does the slower projectiles actually affect? only the wrath dmg? or does it chain via. the wrath to my spectral throw aswell? or only the golem?

1) yes they support eachother, you can tell if a skill will accept the support by looking at your skill bar and if you see another little square with a letter in it everytime you add a gem it means it works.

2) with that setup you can't curse single target bosses unless you add the curse and curse on hit to orb of storms

3) as far as the guide goes looks like you have this set up correctly

4) yes

5) the slower proj is just socketed there so it can gain exp while it's not in use and for easier switching so it doesnt have to be in your inv.
Do you Think it could be worth to get corrupted Atziris Steps with around +70 life for +1 maximum Frenzy Charge?

There would be less res, but nice additional Evasion and dmg from extra Charge.
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Aug 15, 2017, 4:31:35 AM
hey peeps so after reading the last 15 pages i dont 100% understand what gemms i shut put to my 6 linked belly. The old setup with lightning penetration like it is told in the 1 page, or should i replace penetration with ice bite support gem? Its important to know, because for frostbite i have to reroll the socket colors of my belly and its really not cheap.
SO what gem setup is now better for t11-t15 mapping ?
"
Cryonist wrote:
I've been using ST+SlowProj/GMP+WED+AddLightning+Icebite+AddedCold since this provides me the most mapping DPS with status ailments (so no ele focus). I have found that as my crit increases the criticalDamage gem is becoming better then AddedCold. This also happens if the diamond flask is active.

So using my character as a reference Icebite+AddCold will be best until eventually you might get enough crit that criticaldamage outscales AddCold.

For reference the PoB link of my character: https://pastebin.com/2w0m37Rv

I currently have 35k Hideout DPS with GMP incl Golem and all 20/20 6l gems. PoB DPS is 287k GMP and 493k with slower projectiles. PoB DPS is with charges, flasks, point blank, curse, golem and on normal mobs. I'm feeling pretty good about my gear and reached the point where stuff gets ridiculously expensive for the benefit it provides. I have a good Rat's nest with 40% ST damage enchant, a great 6l belly and pretty decent other gear adding up to 5.8k life. It's about as good most people can expect to get this league I guess.

The gem setup is a little tight on this build but I decided to move some things around to have Onslaught gem linked to Herald of Ice. It procs infrequently en doesn't replace the flask at all but it has a 8 second duration and mainly procs after a fight is over. Consider it a 5th link for Whirling Blades because that is what I mainly use it for and it speeds up my map clear noticeably. Also I gave the Golem a CwdT... It's a preference thing I guess but self cast sucks and I only do it when I'm in front of a boss room (just take out CwdT for a moment) to have culling available. Culling doesn't work nearly as well on a golem as it did on Orb of Storms before. I'm wondering if this is even worth it. It probably isn't but I like a cull in my build.

Ele weapons are still a bit of a mystery. The DPS does not behave at all as I have come to expect from physical weapons. My current weapon is about 298ele dps costing a few chaos However if I upgrade it with higher rolls (340 or even tried 2 different 360ele claws) costing 100's of chaos the dps upgrade is like 35k dps to 35,7k dps. Can I conclude that elemental weapon dps is not important to this build at all? For reference one jewel with 2 attack speed rolls provides around double dps difference. I'd love other people's experience on this. As far as I can see the main roll on a weapon once it has a decent ele dps is the attack speed and not the ele dmg rolls.

edit Found out that I need critical strike chance on my weapon to give me the next big boost in dps. I've found a 30c weapon with 290 ele dps, AS and craftable crit chance. My hideout dps went from 35k to 40k.
Last edited by Cryonist on Aug 15, 2017, 10:58:41 AM
Do you have any recommendations which gems to use in your weapon with CWDT while using the new orb+elemental weakness setup? I'm pretty new to the game and not quite sure what would work best with this build.

Edit: Forgot about my 2nd question: How does the swap from GMP to Slower Projectiles work? I'm not sure how to switch gems without doing it manually which would take too long during a fight.
Last edited by Gnorakir on Aug 15, 2017, 8:13:44 AM
"
Gnorakir wrote:
Do you have any recommendations which gems to use in your weapon with CWDT while using the new orb+elemental weakness setup? I'm pretty new to the game and not quite sure what would work best with this build.

Edit: Forgot about my 2nd question: How does the swap from GMP to Slower Projectiles work? I'm not sure how to switch gems without doing it manually which would take too long during a fight.

You Do switch it manually, the most time before you start a Boss fight, but i Think even in a fight should be no big problem
"
Epizoon wrote:

1.) Yes
2.) Answered in #3
3.) Use Orb of Storms > Power charge on crit > curse on hit > ele weakness. This is your single target boss curse apply + gives you power charges for more crit.
4.) You should always use a shock removal flask (usually rolled on diamond flask) so shock should never apply to you.
5.) Slower projectiles is just there for you to swap out with greater multiple projectiles for single target on bosses. It is just a place holder for the gem, instead of carrying it around on your switch until its 20/20 and then carrying it around in ur inventory.

"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Do you Think it could be worth to get corrupted Atziris Steps with around +70 life for +1 maximum Frenzy Charge?

There would be less res, but nice additional Evasion and dmg from extra Charge.

I like atziri's step boots a lot but they are hard to use in a lot of builds since no res. +1 frenzy corrupt would be great, its a good chunk of dmg and would help icebite now as well too. The life is a bit less but wouldn't be anything too huge. The spell block would be nice as well. As you stated though the biggest thing would be resistances. You would now have to get ALL of your resists on jewelry + belt + gloves. If somehow you could find amazing jewelry to compensate then yes it would be an option. To get flat ele dmg + WED + LIFE + crit stuff (for ammy) + resistances would be super expensive and impossible for the most part I think.

"
Cryonist wrote:
"
Cryonist wrote:

Ele weapons are still a bit of a mystery. The DPS does not behave at all as I have come to expect from physical weapons. My current weapon is about 298ele dps costing a few chaos However if I upgrade it with higher rolls (340 or even tried 2 different 360ele claws) costing 100's of chaos the dps upgrade is like 35k dps to 35,7k dps. Can I conclude that elemental weapon dps is not important to this build at all? For reference one jewel with 2 attack speed rolls provides around double dps difference. I'd love other people's experience on this. As far as I can see the main roll on a weapon once it has a decent ele dps is the attack speed and not the ele dmg rolls.

edit Found out that I need critical strike chance on my weapon to give me the next big boost in dps. I'll give an update when I found a good one.

Yes, claw with high attack speed, crit chance and crit multi will give more effective dps even if it has a bit less eDPS.

You can try inputting an imperial claw with like 200 edps, 36% crit chance, 22% atk speed, 25% crit multi into PoB and see the difference. I'm predicting 10-20% dps boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info