[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Is there a gem setup for single target boss fights? It takes a long time to kill bosses, especially in lab. Replace icreased aoe with conc?
"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:
can we use blood magic node and instead of bv in chest can we use a skill with cast when channeling ?

Why would we want to do that? We can't use AA and Purities with BM.

"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:
instead of bv in chest we use a skill with cast when channeling ?

You may use whatever tickles your fancy in your chest links... go on and get creative. Happy experimenting! ;)
Last edited by tomay on Jan 5, 2017, 6:51:17 AM
"
Kilmaurs wrote:
Is there a gem setup for single target boss fights? It takes a long time to kill bosses, especially in lab.

Yes there is.

"
Kilmaurs wrote:
Replace icreased aoe with conc?

Bingo... you've got it in one. ;)

In addition you can use high lvl Flammability and cast the curse manually.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 5, 2017, 6:54:32 AM
"
i wonder why you dont use essence of hys on a 2handed staff or something to get higher fire burst dame (which is our main dame) control contren elementfocus firepen iron will ..., razor of seven sun seem like only provide us from tiny hit which i dont think a problem when i am not afk and we dont need phys

Not only would we lose the awesome healing power of Eye + Razor (which is quite essential for clearing mobs) but also our mobility. But it doesn't end there, we would also have to dump an entire CWDT combo for Leap Slam (which is no match for Whirling Blades) which means less hits and subsequently less Fire Burst procs.

Razor also doubles our Burning damage, a minor detail but certainly helpful if your using a red socket in your sceptre (IW/FP instead of Elemental Focus) and stack ignites cumulatively with The Taming.
"
Undermonk wrote:
can anyone give me some gear advice? :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Undermonk/characters

Not until you "unprivate" your profile. ;)
"
tomay wrote:
"
Undermonk wrote:
can anyone give me some gear advice? :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Undermonk/characters

Not until you "unprivate" your profile. ;)

Done! :)

I never knew I was on private lol
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Dual curse is also possible if you're rich or crazy+lucky: you can get a corrupted eye of innocence with +1 curse implicit.

There is one on offer here in STD... 40ex only. I think not. :D :D

"
Undermonk wrote:

Get at least one Essence of Hysteria ASAP and use it on a sceptre (Opal/Void base, preferably ilvl 84). Another one is required for the helmet but is not required immediately.

You can improve on your gloves. And your belt could to with some Blessed Orbs (26 Life is very low, 40 is the max implicit)

Buy some cheapo Belly of the Beast (5c in Breach), 4-link it yourself with BBBG sockets* and use

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Increased Area of Effect + Chance to Ignite

(swap the AoE and CtI for Controlled Destruction and Conc Effect at bosses if you want)

*Vorici Chromatic Calculator suggests "Vorici 1B" as the cheapest method (appr 252 Chromatic Orbs), if you get a Belly with 5 sockets (7c) and 4-link it with BBBG the costs with the same method come down to 83 Chromatics and you will have a spare socket, always handy. Even for a 5-Link Belly you won't have to break the bank (25c), in this case add a red socket to the setup for Added Fire Damage.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 5, 2017, 9:01:02 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Undermonk wrote:

Get at least one Essence of Hysteria ASAP and use it on a sceptre (Opal/Void base, preferably ilvl 84). Another one is required for the helmet but is not required immediately.

You can improve on your gloves. And your belt could to with some Blessed Orbs (26 Life is very low, 40 is the max implicit)

Buy some cheapo Belly of the Beast (5c in Breach), 4-link it yourself with BBBG sockets* and use

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Increased Area of Effect + Chance to Ignite

(swap the AoE and CtI for Controlled Destruction and Conc Effect at bosses if you want)

*Vorici Chromatic Calculator suggests "Vorici 1B" as the cheapest method (appr 252 Chromatic Orbs), if you get a Belly with 5 sockets (7c) and 4-link it with BBBG the costs with the same method come down to 83 Chromatics and you will have a spare socket, always handy. Even for a 5-Link Belly you won't have to break the bank (25c), in this case add a red socket to the setup for Added Fire Damage.

I have 25c to my name lol but the essence is what I'm working towards.

Will my current sceptre work for now or should I swap it out for a rare? I had that unique laying around.

How come at lvl 68 with the same chest piece he is getting 6k life but I'm at 4k? The life rolls on my gear can't make that much difference can they? I'm still new so learning as I go!

Also I have completed everything up to ACT merc and lvl 69, but that lvl 68 skill tree has more skill points than I have? Lol trying to figure out where I went wrong.
Hey, i'm about to reach lvl 68 and only have Razor of the Seventh Sun, can I start the build with just that or do I have to keep going with ancestral warchief till I get more items?

Also, in which order should I get the items left? Considering price/importance.

Oh another thing, could you add to the guide the order of ascendancy points? I went with Crave the Slaughter - Pain Reaver > Cloaked in Savagery, and left Aspect of Carnage for Uber, is this the correct order to do it?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info