[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

has anyone done shaper? uber Atzri with this build?
Also just curious: if the only purpose of the active gem setup in the chest is to proc more fire bursts.... has anyone considered taking a 6s chest with 2x3l, putting BV-FC-SE in one side and yet another CWDT in the other link?

All breachs lords down(chayula too),cant atziri last boss because reflect dmg instan kill me xD,guardians easy i think but only kill quimera for now.
"
Also just curious: if the only purpose of the active gem setup in the chest is to proc more fire bursts.... has anyone considered taking a 6s chest with 2x3l, putting BV-FC-SE in one side and yet another CWDT in the other link?

I actually went way outside the box on this, my BV is only linked to SE, this dropped my mana cost per cast down to 23. It seem like such a waste to burn a six-link on something that isn't even the main damage dealer. The reduced mana cost allows me to be creative with the six sockets on the chest, and it allows me to run anger, anger along with my boot enchant allows me to do away with added fire in my scepter and craft 0.2% fire life leech instead. I added flame surge and molten shell to the high level cwdt setup in the chest, and added rallying cry for the taunt and the extra damage. Here's my gear. I just put all this together and so far I like it very much.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jan 4, 2017, 7:20:05 PM
"
What would you say are the pros and cons of AoF vs... well, not-AoF? I'm considering dropping a jewel for Mantra of Flames to provide the bare minimum fire damage to all spells, allowing me to deal more damage with all my CWDT setups (more leech) and also drop two passive points which could be put towards more survivability. Thoughts?

The point really is to save one passive skill ... if you're one of the lucky guys with Adds Fire Damage to Spells on the sceptre.

As a neat side effect you may optimise a 6l BV setup for maximum lightning damage (involving PtL + IW) to apply shock... appr 15-16k median lightning damage per hit is possible which can shock monsters with a healthpool in excess of 300k (5% of the target's maximum health pool)

But reserving 50% of Mana for Anger or wasting a precious Jewel socket for Mantra when you can have 7% max life is simply not worth it.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 4, 2017, 7:25:50 PM
First of all I am having a great time with this build. I am currently level 74 and am farming low level maps. My plan is to drop AoF sometime in the future and basically follow tomay's tree.

I decided to be a little proactive with my master crafting on my scepter and chose 'Adds fire damage to spells' so that I could drop AoF right away. This was before I took a closer look at the forum and found that I do not want to do this until I have 'increased spell damage' as one of the properties. Well what done is done and I will need to live with my decision until I can roll a new scepter.

I am currently running a BV setup inside a 5-link Belly of the Beast:

It seems like I have three choices on how I should proceed.

1) Leave things the way they are and switch over to no-AoF once I roll a better scepter and have a way to deal fire damage.

2) Take advantage of my 'Adds Fire' snafu and switch over to a non-AoF now and run some sort of 5-Link BV PtL setup on my current chest (BBBGR). Just not sure what this setup should be. Of course I would still plan to fix the scepter.

3) Convert to non-AoF now but continue to use my current BV setup.

I would like to take the second choice, but not sure if it is possible.

Regardless of whatever choice I make, I still plan to move up to a 6-Link Beast once I can afford it.

Any help would be apreceated

Last edited by Skua99 on Jan 4, 2017, 7:59:02 PM
Just keep AoF and craft spell damage on the sceptre.
Unable to do merc lab. Level 71, 4.4k hp. Is there anything I could do to not get one shotted by the 2nd boss? Takes to long to kill bosses.

My gear:
"
tomay wrote:
Just keep AoF and craft spell damage on the sceptre.

Thanks for the quick reply and the sound advice. Now I just need to find someone who has a level 7 Vagan to help me remove my crafted mod.
Last edited by Skua99 on Jan 4, 2017, 11:32:46 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"

I actually went way outside the box on this, my BV is only linked to SE, this dropped my mana cost per cast down to 23. It seem like such a waste to burn a six-link on something that isn't even the main damage dealer. The reduced mana cost allows me to be creative with the six sockets on the chest, and it allows me to run anger, anger along with my boot enchant allows me to do away with added fire in my scepter and craft 0.2% fire life leech instead. I added flame surge and molten shell to the high level cwdt setup in the chest, and added rallying cry for the taunt and the extra damage. Here's my gear. I just put all this together and so far I like it very much.

Let me know how it goes, I like the idea of switching to this - after all, the only point of Blade Flurry is to proc stuff, so this should result in more CWDT spells, plus the usefulness of Anger in addition to Arctic Armour!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info