[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Can you actually leave the character on the Map and it'll clear it eventually by itself (I guess on more open maps)

And how do you make your character move when AFK?
Tomay, can you please check out my character with this build, see what i could improve? (Currently 5l armor isntead of 6l tho :/ )

Name on it is VaginaCoastguard (Family guy ref :D)

Maps seems quite fine, i could do Chimera, but im having issues with bosses that spams spells. Is it common? I dont have vinktars yet either
I have upped a few of my stats, and figured out the missing passive points.
But at lvl 69 with all passives and decent life rolls.. my health is only at 4.4k, No where near the 6k as shown in the video?

And a 5L belly of the beast is 2ex on standard lol so that can wait for now.
Id enjoy some gear feedback!

Thinking I might try to craft myself a better helmet, and im currently slowly working on a 6L BotB.

Loving the build so far. Today I did 3 breachlords without any major problems and killed uber-izaro without any problems what so ever. Now Im just working my way through the atlas so I can try the guardians & finally Shaper.
"
thegreekgod wrote:
Id enjoy some gear feedback!

Thinking I might try to craft myself a better helmet, and im currently slowly working on a 6L BotB.

Loving the build so far. Today I did 3 breachlords without any major problems and killed uber-izaro without any problems what so ever. Now Im just working my way through the atlas so I can try the guardians & finally Shaper.

Nice! I wish I could do some killing lol.
I am dying on Merc Lab. Not sure what all I am doing wrong or if my gear is that bad.
I want to get the essence items but I just don't have the ex for it.
"
Mayonnaisu wrote:
Tomay, can you please check out my character with this build, see what i could improve? (Currently 5l armor isntead of 6l tho :/ )

Maps seems quite fine, i could do Chimera, but im having issues with bosses that spams spells. Is it common? I dont have vinktars yet either

Not much room for improvement that I can see there...

Use another 8% Anatomical Knowledge in the socket near Celestial Punishment and put the 7% max Life jewel in the socket at Quick Recovery.

That belt is a real shame, perfectly good stats but wasted on a chain belt. ;)

Craft incr Spell Damage on your sceptre... unless you're in dire need for light res.

The spare red socket in your belly... Flame Golem? Determination? Anger?
Last edited by tomay on Jan 5, 2017, 6:20:04 PM
"
Undermonk wrote:
I am dying on Merc Lab. Not sure what all I am doing wrong or if my gear is that bad.

Are you dying specifically to Izaro's attacks, or is it the traps that are getting you? As a Vaal Pact build the traps are a major problem for us, and you have to come prepared with one or two life flasks and the rest basically dedicated to physical damage mitigation and anti-bleeding.

I know the OP doesn't show one, but rather than the Onslaught flask I prefer to use a Granite flask. The onslaught bonus seems pretty marginal to me as we aren't that dependent on cast/attack speed for our DPS (it mostly just helps with whirling blades), nothing in our tree is keyed off of having onslaught, and the extra physical mitigation from a granite is pretty damn useful. Any other flask that does damage mitigation is also acceptable (taste of hate, if you can afford it, for example). I can get as high as a tooltip physical mitigation of 68% with a granite (with +armor% mod) and a basalt; while most of the 48% from armor gets cheesed by how heavy hits interact with armor, it's still a meaningful amount of reduction (something like an extra 6% from the granite alone on a 10k base hit for me, I think). Throw in fortify and/or (level 20) Arctic Armor, and you can take some seriously heavy hits without dying.

Also, maps don't just get auto-cleared when you're AFK. Anything around you will get killed, but for the most part the mobs won't just come to you. You have to go to them.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Undermonk wrote:

Are you dying specifically to Izaro's attacks, or is it the traps that are getting you? As a Vaal Pact build the traps are a major problem for us, and you have to come prepared with one or two life flasks and the rest basically dedicated to physical damage mitigation and anti-bleeding.

I know the OP doesn't show one, but rather than the Onslaught flask I prefer to use a Granite flask. The onslaught bonus seems pretty marginal to me as we aren't that dependent on cast/attack speed for our DPS (it mostly just helps with whirling blades), nothing in our tree is keyed off of having onslaught, and the extra physical mitigation from a granite is pretty damn useful. Any other flask that does damage mitigation is also acceptable (taste of hate, if you can afford it, for example). I can get as high as a tooltip physical mitigation of 68% with a granite (with +armor% mod) and a basalt; while most of the 48% from armor gets cheesed by how heavy hits interact with armor, it's still a meaningful amount of reduction (something like an extra 6% from the granite alone on a 10k base hit for me, I think). Throw in fortify and/or (level 20) Arctic Armor, and you can take some seriously heavy hits without dying.

Also, maps don't just get auto-cleared when you're AFK. Anything around you will get killed, but for the most part the mobs won't just come to you. You have to go to them.

It's not the traps as I can handle/avoid easily :)

Izaro is one shotting me, with the use of flask and other such. This is with me playing and dodging but I seem to keep getting one shot.
I have even changed my gear slightly and added a few passives, but if I'm struggling with him I don't think I'll survive high map bosses.

My gear and passive tree can be found at
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Undermonk/characters

Also trying to see why I am at around 4.4k life but in the video it says I should be around 6k? Does the 6k come at a higher level?

Here's an idea that would sacrifice mobility but may make it a lot easier to maintain fortify:

Instead of using Whirling Blades+FA+Fortify, use Vengeance+Fortify+whatever. Preferably a 20q vengeance, but the level doesn't really matter much. Just high enough that it does enough fire damage to be able to ignite would suffice, though even failing that Fortify alone is worth it. Maybe Chance to Ignite for "whatever", since it's AoE, and we're always happy to get more ignites, or Increased Accuracy to assure more hits since we also love more hits. See the following...

Consequences/analysis/other thoughts:

No more movement skill by default. So it's more important to get high movement speed on your boots, and any boss that's hard to go afk on because you need to quickly move out of range of something could be more troublesome. You could put it in your secondary set, though, and use that to move to a new pack and then swap your weapon set back to the other one when you get to them. You could even make your second set another razor+hysteria combo, just one has a WB setup and the other a Vengeance setup. Kind of costly with current hysteria prices, though, and RNGesus may make one of the sceptres so much better than the other that you might not want to ever swap away from the great one. On the plus side, on bosses that you can otherwise facetank, there's no real benefit to a movement skill beyond it triggering Fortify anyway.

The two color schemes are incompatible unless you've got a corrupted razor with white sockets (and since you probably want two or even three of them, that's going to get costly). So you couldn't easily swap WB in or out whenever you're in a situation that needs it more (certain bosses where going AFK is hard, for example). You could, however, throw in leap slam, though then you want "whatever" to be a green gem (for Faster Attacks) if you want to avoid trying to get white sockets. Culling strike and increased accuracy could both be solid choices to use with Vengeance. Also see the above idea for using a second weapon set. Currently we never even mention it in the build; it's just there for leveling gems, but you can also leverage it for a pair of weapons that are suited for certain edge cases.

Our accuracy is pretty garbage, so even when Vengeance gets triggered we might not hit anything and therefore won't get Fortify. Of course, that's a problem with WB, too, but with WB we could just continue to spam the skill until it connects, whereas with Vengeance we have to wait for the stars to align. If using a green gem slot for "whatever", then the Increased Accuracy gem may resolve this well enough.

Only gets triggered by hits. So non-hits like DoTs won't help you out; however, fortify only applies to damage coming from hits anyway, so it'd be a pretty weird situation when this "downside" is actually a problem.

Only gets triggered by hits also means we have to get hit and take damage before we have the benefits of Fortify. Possibly that hit would be the one we needed Fortify to survive. With WB it's possible, though not always reliable, to whirl in and get Fortify up before anything actually hits you (or to whirl in with fortify already up, get hit, then renew the Fortify before it expires). Mobs/bosses that do very few hits but do lots of damage with them might also be annoying, as you might see your fortify buff drop and then you're in limbo.

Might synergize with AA better. WB requires us to move, which negates the defensive bonuses of AA (this is one of the reasons why picking up extra attack speed is helpful, though not essential: end the WB faster so you get AA benefits back faster). With Vengeance we just need to stand still within Vengeance's range and we can conceivably maintain Fortify and AA benefits simultaneously without either dropping.

Riposte is another option for "whatever", or just an alternative to Vengeance. Colors are a better fit with Riposte instead of Vengeance, but by default we only have the base block chance from dual wielding. A Rumi's concotion might be helpful if you want to try this route; you'd get more phys mitigation from the +3000 armor, plus enough extra block chance to make riposte's trigger rate comparable to a mid-quality vengeance.

According to the wiki, the fire damage from the Eye counts as a hit, which can therefore trigger Vengeance (unlike VMS, it does not require the hit to be with physical damage; any ol' hit will do), so we would be proc'ing the Vengeance very often just from our own hits, which would solve a lot of the potential downsides above. Interesting...
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 5, 2017, 7:29:20 PM
"
Undermonk wrote:
It's not the traps as I can handle/avoid easily :)

Izaro is one shotting me, with the use of flask and other such. This is with me playing and dodging but I seem to keep getting one shot.
I have even changed my gear slightly and added a few passives, but if I'm struggling with him I don't think I'll survive high map bosses.

My gear and passive tree can be found at
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Undermonk/characters

Also trying to see why I am at around 4.4k life but in the video it says I should be around 6k? Does the 6k come at a higher level?

The first thing I note is that you don't have either of the hysteria items. Hysteria sceptre is the dominant source of the DPS. It's not a "oh, here's a funny little extra for the bleeding edge player", it's a "this is the entire reason this build works". Well, okay, it's claimed that it works without it, and I think it does, but it's a night/day difference between having one and not.

Leveling up more would be suggested. You're missing an early jewel slot on the way to the scion life wheel, which is 7% life plus extras, and you haven't taken the Tireless wheel, which is another 20% life, and at some point you'll unlock one or two more jewel slots for their life bonuses.

If you ditch/refund the six nodes you spent to get the Cruel preparation life nodes, you could get the tireless wheel (same amount of life, but you lose a small amount of +resistances), that missing jewel slot, and still have a point to spare. That's a net gain of +7% max life, and the jewel slot might make up for the lost resistances from Cruel Preparation (it's entirely possible to get +6-8% to all resistances on the jewel) plus more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info