[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Hello,

How important is the elder head in the build for overal dps? I searched poe.trade and only can find helmets with the right head enchant and not the pre/suffixes. Ive been lurking the forums to make a new build and got 36ex to use. By the looks of it, it should be enough for this build :). You said that a belly increased life total by 100? Or dit you mean 1000?

Thanks for replaying!
"
Kronodude wrote:
I got a cyclopean coil would this be good for this build? It gives me quite a bit of damage as I have 220 intelligence

So 42% damage increase, around 100 health and freeze and ignite resistance, any thoughts?

Rarity: Unique
Cyclopean Coil
Leather Belt
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
--------
Item Level: 74
--------
+27 to maximum Life
--------
+69 to maximum Life
9% increased Attributes
Cannot be Frozen if Dexterity is higher than Intelligence
Cannot be Ignited if Strength is higher than Dexterity
Cannot be Shocked if Intelligence is higher than Strength
1% increased Damage per 5 of your lowest Attribute
--------
With the patience of a prowling lion,
the Shade watched the Scholar.
--------
Elder Item

You lose around 100 resistance coz the belt doesn't roll. You lose some life and damage from abyss jewel you could put in belt. Because of ignite immunity, you lose from eye of innocence 2% fire leech, 70% inc dmg and from mokou's embrace 20% cast speed.

Don't use it.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
Inva1987 wrote:
Hello,

How important is the elder head in the build for overal dps? I searched poe.trade and only can find helmets with the right head enchant and not the pre/suffixes. Ive been lurking the forums to make a new build and got 36ex to use. By the looks of it, it should be enough for this build :). You said that a belly increased life total by 100? Or dit you mean 1000?

Thanks for replaying!

The helm is only there for some afkability, since it increases cremation dmg. As for clearing, it's not important at all, what so ever. So if you want to get +1 volatile helmet instead, you can go for that. However, you also need to get dying sun to fully utalize it. This is by itself 12 ex investment, which is more than the whole build costs with my kind of gear.

So I would suggest that you first get the core items and see if you like the build after the life has been pushed above 7k. If you do, invest as much as you like, as the investments above this point only give minor returns.

I wish you best of luck :)

Did a Villa map with -6% max elemental resistances and 2 additional projectiles... Dominus obliterated me in seconds :( lol, The elemental damage is the Achilles Tendon of this build i think.
Hi chrispieD, been fan of your builds since breach(except for afk gone ball), and been waiting for days for new version to come out. Hope u update the build soon.

on another note, as I cant wait any longer, i went and check your profile, but you dont have any weapon equipped, can you at least give me a screen shot of what your gear looks like, if possible with gem links.
"
vempire_ghost wrote:
Did a Villa map with -6% max elemental resistances and 2 additional projectiles... Dominus obliterated me in seconds :( lol, The elemental damage is the Achilles Tendon of this build i think.

I think he has never killed me, as my life gain on hit and 40% of max life leech pushes through enough and it's really simple to just move the cursor from namelock if you'd take a bit too much dmg as I always have several seconds to react. I even remember taking his smash some times without dying.

But he is on the edge of elemental damage you can facetank. I'd however say that the red lightning guardians lightning can't be facetanked safely, as it almost brought me down.

Edit:
A recommendation is however to know your maps and your mods. Eg. running villa with dual boss, with -max res and gain 110% of physical damage as extra fire damage and gain 110% of physical damage as extra cold damage = don't facetank the boss. Running core = don't facetank the boss when he smashes = one shot etc. For most people this is nothing you read and study your way through, but learn by doing :), that is run maps and notice that "wopsi" this was dangerous.
Last edited by ChrispieD on Jan 8, 2018, 5:23:31 AM
"
ThisisFreak wrote:
Hi chrispieD, been fan of your builds since breach(except for afk gone ball), and been waiting for days for new version to come out. Hope u update the build soon.

on another note, as I cant wait any longer, i went and check your profile, but you dont have any weapon equipped, can you at least give me a screen shot of what your gear looks like, if possible with gem links.

I have written a short note on what I've been doing in 3.1, please read it. There you can find everything you asked for, and even a path of building link.

I use my two poet's pen to lvl up another character right now. Of course you are welcome to ask about the unclear things in the post :).
Last edited by ChrispieD on Jan 8, 2018, 6:13:02 AM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
ThisisFreak wrote:

I have written a short note on what I've been doing in 3.1, please read it. There you can find everything you asked for, and even a path of building link.

I use my two poet's pen to lvl up another character right now. Of course you are welcome to ask about the unclear things in the post :).

oh didnt notice ur note, thanks for quick response, will check it out, gl with the rest!
Hi, I was looking for a nice tanky 3.1 Poet Pen Build and gave this one a try. So far i just love it, really tanky an nice synergies. I'm level 76 now and clearing easy T8-9 corrupted 8 mod maps and such :)
But I have a few questions and I hope you can help me out with it. First here is my gear and setup for reference.

PoE-Builder:
https://pastebin.com/GpGzHTmR

1. Regarding Dual-Curse. At the moment I'm running good with Flammability alone but how is it later, do I really need the +1 curse amu or is it just comfort for a bit more clearspeed? Just wanna check before I drop 6-7 Ex on it.

2. Regarding Mana. In extended fights I dropped pretty low with mana pretty fast and could'nt sustain Frenzy-Attacks. Ofc the gems still trigger with the autoattack too but I loose 50% of attack speed and so it's less casts. I skilled "Mana Flows" at Slayer to fix, but how did you manage, any Tips?

3. Gem Setup for Razor. I didn't try out the Razors as a 2nd set yet. Any advantage besides the extra heal? Do you put additional CwDt setups in there? I'm just thinking the increased hits and ignites from constant Poets triggers would balance the extra heal from Razor.

4. Reflect?? I didn't have the honor of running into reflect so far, but can you do it at all? And how about Atziri, do you insta reflect-kill yourself on the Mirror-Add or is it doable somehow?

I hope you can help me out here a bit. Big thanks anyways for a very fun and thought out build :)
"
Gambit79 wrote:

1. Regarding Dual-Curse. At the moment I'm running good with Flammability alone but how is it later, do I really need the +1 curse amu or is it just comfort for a bit more clearspeed? Just wanna check before I drop 6-7 Ex on it.

2. Regarding Mana. In extended fights I dropped pretty low with mana pretty fast and could'nt sustain Frenzy-Attacks. Ofc the gems still trigger with the autoattack too but I loose 50% of attack speed and so it's less casts. I skilled "Mana Flows" at Slayer to fix, but how did you manage, any Tips?

3. Gem Setup for Razor. I didn't try out the Razors as a 2nd set yet. Any advantage besides the extra heal? Do you put additional CwDt setups in there? I'm just thinking the increased hits and ignites from constant Poets triggers would balance the extra heal from Razor.

4. Reflect?? I didn't have the honor of running into reflect so far, but can you do it at all? And how about Atziri, do you insta reflect-kill yourself on the Mirror-Add or is it doable somehow?

I hope you can help me out here a bit. Big thanks anyways for a very fun and thought out build :)

1. I notice no difference going from blasphemy flammability to dual curse with lvl 5 ele weakness as well. So I say it's worth close to null.

2. Quote from myself 2 pages back:

"As for mana, there are several solutions, but there are two I like the most, both boot enchants:
- Regenerate x% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
or
- x% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
or
- x% reduced Mana Cost of Skills if you've been Hit Recently

The two former are better.

Of course you can chose to run warlord's mark."

3. CWDT L1: vortex+body swap
CWDT L1: bladefall+chance to ignite

4. Ele reflect is a no go generally. I can run with by going passive running around with dual razors, but avoid. To take down atziri I would remove all CWDT setups and run magma orb or something to avoid hitting the mirror. Hitting mirror = instant death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info