[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
muddzlinga wrote:
I just tried abberath boots with my level 20 cwdt in 6L so 5 level 20 spells. It is amazing for clearing trash but on bosses magma orb is a lot better. However, my movement speed is terrible so foot steps are few and far between, perhaps a movespeed tree/gear set could increase the single target or using vms or something. But i cannot reiterate how fun this is clearing the map. I run through packs, my abberath boots have over 100% ignite chance as i socketed chance to ignite / aoe / control D / fire pen, so the cwdt triggers go nuts as i run through. Very fun and yes, low fps lol.

On another note if anyone is having trouble finding a helmet. I have a beautiful +2 magma 50 ignite helm available on harbinger SC, ill hook you up if you mention this forum.
Spoiler

As mentioned before, check my abberath's afk gone meta for gems suggestions. CWDT phaserun and inc duration is a very nice speed boost. Silver flask also boosts your movement speed even further. Doedre's elixir instabombs the pack.

Replacing chest with rat's cage and using vaal skill jewels has been used before in 2.6, even for map clearing (I have earlier used it mostly for bosses) and was also showed today at reddit also, but with crit (I assume for the freeze vaal sould jewel).
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Tried this build in Turmoil, so far so good :D

ammy and razor total cost: around 2 ex :I

But worth it!

Note to self: never use the ammy without the Razor, unless you constantly aim with magma orb to constantly leech, the damage per ignite is insane in mid-large packs! oneshots me like it was reflect in a Breach/Beyond pack if I don't magma orb around, the leech from cwdt gems isn't enough to compensate lol! :D
I got the ammy first and tried running around with it waiting for razor availability, never again ;D
Was more survivable with no ammy and no razor... but with both, immortality ;)
Any chance of making this build usable with instant leech from VP gone ?
Nothing here
If slayers/ascendants life leech effects aren't removed when on full life are going to stay, I have an idea.

The only issue when instant leech is gone is protection against big hits while afk, but if you make a couple of million of damage in the beginning of a map, you can have like 5k life leech per second for the rest of the map, which is pretty awesome.

The damage loss, can be compensated by running rf, but also by having a stronger cull and 20% more damage.

Every other aspect and spell spawns will work the same.

The new ancient and shaped items also seems OP, giving us free links, which we really like with this build.

But really it's to early to tell, but I am more hyped then sad, because I saw this nerf comming several patches ago. And the replacement can be pretty god damn op.
ChrispieD,

I love this build and have cleared up to guardians. Minotaur destroyed me so I came back here to research but there are 200 pages of stuff. Anyway you could add a guardians gem links section in the guide? I've read a lot but I'm getting mixed up on what to get and don't want to go shopping and get the wrong stuff.With all the work you've already done I get it if you're not going to add a guardians section. Never hurts to ask though.
I agree if slayer stays the same, the build could run as that instead.

I've run the build a few leagues now, normally I've reached about 50% ignite chance outside of the gem and the essence helmet. Thanks to passives and a couple of jewels with ignite chance.
That ignite also helps keeping alive against high incoming damage. With an ignite doing 25 damage to you and then healing for 50-70 depending on your health. That is a lot of healing that adds on top of the going leech.

We'd probably have to add leech to our selfcast linkage to ensure that it doesn't drop off against bosses though. Unless we finally get some spell leech as passives.
"
Memitim wrote:
ChrispieD,

I love this build and have cleared up to guardians. Minotaur destroyed me so I came back here to research but there are 200 pages of stuff. Anyway you could add a guardians gem links section in the guide? I've read a lot but I'm getting mixed up on what to get and don't want to go shopping and get the wrong stuff.With all the work you've already done I get it if you're not going to add a guardians section. Never hurts to ask though.

Hi, getting high life and high lvl CWDT setups is what makes you more tanky against guardians, but if your mods are too dangerous, it might still not help.

Check out my behind the scenes clip on Chilifreaks channel where I showed my afk setup against minotaur and phoenix for more info. Blind can be helpful also, as he only can two shot us.
"
Rinani wrote:
I agree if slayer stays the same, the build could run as that instead.

I've run the build a few leagues now, normally I've reached about 50% ignite chance outside of the gem and the essence helmet. Thanks to passives and a couple of jewels with ignite chance.
That ignite also helps keeping alive against high incoming damage. With an ignite doing 25 damage to you and then healing for 50-70 depending on your health. That is a lot of healing that adds on top of the going leech.

We'd probably have to add leech to our selfcast linkage to ensure that it doesn't drop off against bosses though. Unless we finally get some spell leech as passives.

Eye of innocence gives 2% fire leech, which will be more than enough. On top of that, you can have 20% overkill damage as leech. It should be enough to regen 60% of life per second for the entire map. For mana leech I am thinking warlord's.

But I need more final info on 3.1 to make final crafts, the new gems look really interesting to fit into the CWDT setups. With new weapons, we can do 6l CWDT in the weapon, helmet and gloves. If the helmet is supported by chance to ignite, that is very nice, as it beats essence of hysteria.
"
ChrispieD wrote:
Eye of innocence gives 2% fire leech, which will be more than enough.
I completely forgot about that, should be enough for longer fights with few or no adds to feed overkill leech.

"
ChrispieD wrote:
For mana leech I am thinking warlord's.

But I need more final info on 3.1 to make final crafts, the new gems look really interesting to fit into the CWDT setups. With new weapons, we can do 6l CWDT in the weapon, helmet and gloves. If the helmet is supported by chance to ignite, that is very nice, as it beats essence of hysteria.
The supports will hopefully make up for using two slots for blasphemy Warlord's.
Looking forward to playing around with it in 3.1.

Didn't play it much in Harbringer as I was hanging about in Hardcore most of the time. Only really got one up to see the new performance improvements, which is pretty awesome, only managed to really lag two places compared to 2.6, where is was any fight with more than 30 mobs.

A huge amount of mobs where I lost track of which one had the immortal aura and in Haku missions with the massive SRS spam.
should i aim for the helmet enchantment "chains an additional 2 times" ?

hard to get a trade.

and can you give us a short explanation which mods are most useful on the items?
DPS-wise....

%elemental damage... add fire damage... faster cast...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info