[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

Hello !

First of all thank you a lot for the build !

One question about Cast when damage taken lvl 1 & Ball lightning lvl 8 :

Why don't you stop Ball Lightning @lvl 4 in order to let the lightning ball proc with Cast when damage taken ? Is it to be able to manualy cast it ? But then, why do you stop @lvl 8 ? :C

Byebye !
Last edited by cAcLaiN on Mar 8, 2018, 6:28:24 AM
"
cAcLaiN wrote:
Hello !

First of all thank you a lot for the build !

One question about Cast when damage taken lvl 1 & Ball lightning lvl 8 :

Why don't you stop Ball Lightning @lvl 4 in order to let the lightning ball proc with Cast when damage taken ? Is it to be able to manualy cast it ? But then, why do you stop @lvl 8 ? :C

Byebye !

the BL lvl 8 is a mistake, it should be lvl4

my question is why use BL to apply the curse and not just CWDT+Flammability?
The way I understand it, Ball Lightning and Tempest Shield are also there to trigger EE with lightning?
Hi,

i have 2 question:

1. Why we use Vortex and Ball Lightning and Tempest Shied? Why not only Ball Lightnung? And why Tempest Shied?

2. From this gem settion
"
matesasd wrote:
"
Krixiis wrote:
In your guide you have :

5 Link: RGBBB
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1), Ball Lightning (level 8), Tempest Shield (level 7), Curse on Hit (HIGH LEVEL), Flammability (HIGH LEVEL)

However, Flammability is a blue gem. In your minmax gear section, you hav a 6l chestwith blade vortex (green)

Should it be 4b 1r?

ignore the gem links in the minmax section, its not for this league

Anyway, I made a poor man's adjustment to the gem setup and have Belly with 4 link Shield Charge-Faster Attacks-Fortify-Brutality and unlinked slots for Vitality and Purity of Fire, which means the Belly is 5R 1G - easy colors

The curse setup is moved to gloves: CWDT-Ball lightning-Curse on hit-Flammability

Scorching ray is on my shield, linked to cast when channeling+tempest shield

is it right so run without Enduring Cry? Because where i get my charges by bossfights?
"
Darkdôôm wrote:

is it right so run without Enduring Cry? Because where i get my charges by bossfights?

if you want enduring cry and dont have 5B belly, I guess you can have enduring cry and maybe increased duration instead of CWDT+Tempest shield
Because we take Ngahamu, Flame's Advance in the Chieftain, we don't want to proc the fire damage on attacks since we want cold/lightning to proc elemental equilibrium. Using Brutality stops the fire from ticking so we don't lose damage.
"
matesasd wrote:
"
Pyrotics wrote:
Flammability can and needs to be a higher level because as both a Curse and Spell it's equally effected by CWDT and CoH, but you can't have multiple trigger gems effecting something. So Flammability has to be level 6+ to no longer be effected by CWDT and only trigger on CoH (though CoH needs to be high enough level to trigger the higher flammability).

why isn't the setup just CWDT-Flammability, which frees up 2 slots btw?

You could, but Ball Lightning both triggers Elemental Equilibrium and hits often enough to hopefully proc Elemental Overload.

edit: Furthermore, Ball Lightning serves as a better delivery method of Flammability (spreads it to more targets than just the curse alone) and this set up allows us to run a higher level Flammability gem.
Last edited by Pyrotics on Mar 8, 2018, 10:42:53 AM
Is there a way to get more than the 5% to max fire resist from the shield? All the ones I've seen listed on poe.trade have only 5%. Or is 5% enough to sustain RF?
"
Acideyez wrote:
Is there a way to get more than the 5% to max fire resist from the shield? All the ones I've seen listed on poe.trade have only 5%. Or is 5% enough to sustain RF?

5% is on all shields in this league and its plenty, you can still sustain RF with this shield even without purity of fire or vitality activated
Last edited by matesasd on Mar 8, 2018, 11:58:16 AM
Any work around for the 5l chest to get 4 blue and a red? And is belly recommended or would any of them work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info