[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

Great build. Follow it sinice my league startet. The only thing i changed for myself ist Scorching Ray link with Spell Totem and skipp the Curse on Hit.
Work fine for me.
"
Pyrotics wrote:
"
raz0r5cythe wrote:
Why is the level cap of Ball Lightning level 8? If it were being proc'd by CWDT it would have to be level 4 (with a level 1 CWDT) but since it's being proc'd by Curse on Hit there is no level cap...I think?

Ball Lightning is not a Curse. It's being procced by CWDT. Ball Lighting Procs the Curse on Hit though to apply Flammability.

Curse on Hit doesn't care what level of skill procs it, so the low level ball lightning is more than enough to proc the attached flammability curses.

I have a question for the build though: What purpose does the single Scorching Ray have in the build once you've started using RF? It would screw up the damage because of EE wouldn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind. Scorching Ray doesn't hit so it doesn't proc EE. Duh.

Curse on Hit Support:
"Must support both a skill that hits enemies, and a curse skill to work. The curse will be applied when enemies are hit by the other skill."

Following this logic, when enemies are hit by Ball Lightning, they will be cursed by Flammability.

Cast when Damage Taken:
Level 1:
"This gem can only support skill gems requiring level 38 or lower."

Following this logic, Ball Lightning would have to be level 4 or lower in order to be proc'd. (Level 4 Ball Lightning level req is 37)

So if I'm correct, Ball Lightning should work with both CoH and CWDT. Any level for CoH, and level 4 and below for CWDT...
any link to tree / pob for 3.2?
"
raz0r5cythe wrote:
"
Pyrotics wrote:
"
raz0r5cythe wrote:
Why is the level cap of Ball Lightning level 8? If it were being proc'd by CWDT it would have to be level 4 (with a level 1 CWDT) but since it's being proc'd by Curse on Hit there is no level cap...I think?

Ball Lightning is not a Curse. It's being procced by CWDT. Ball Lighting Procs the Curse on Hit though to apply Flammability.

Curse on Hit doesn't care what level of skill procs it, so the low level ball lightning is more than enough to proc the attached flammability curses.

I have a question for the build though: What purpose does the single Scorching Ray have in the build once you've started using RF? It would screw up the damage because of EE wouldn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind. Scorching Ray doesn't hit so it doesn't proc EE. Duh.

Curse on Hit Support:
"Must support both a skill that hits enemies, and a curse skill to work. The curse will be applied when enemies are hit by the other skill."

Following this logic, when enemies are hit by Ball Lightning, they will be cursed by Flammability.

Cast when Damage Taken:
Level 1:
"This gem can only support skill gems requiring level 38 or lower."

Following this logic, Ball Lightning would have to be level 4 or lower in order to be proc'd. (Level 4 Ball Lightning level req is 37)

So if I'm correct, Ball Lightning should work with both CoH and CWDT. Any level for CoH, and level 4 and below for CWDT...

Ball Lightning is triggered by CWDT. CWDT at level 1 can support up to a level 4 Ball Lightning (req. level 37)

The reason, I imagine, that the OP says level 8 is because the gem used to be Blade Vortex (which has a req level 38 at level 8), but now that BV doesn't work with the build, BL was replaced and the level wasn't changed in the post.

To be clear. Ball Lightning MUST be level 4 or less to work with the CWDT level 1 gem.

Flammability can and needs to be a higher level because as both a Curse and Spell it's equally effected by CWDT and CoH, but you can't have multiple trigger gems effecting something. So Flammability has to be level 6+ to no longer be effected by CWDT and only trigger on CoH (though CoH needs to be high enough level to trigger the higher flammability).

"
kakarotto94 wrote:
any link to tree / pob for 3.2?

There's a Pastebin link for PoB at the top of the OP. The skill gems are set up slightly differently, but the passive tree is accurate to the build.
Why do you use Molten Shell ??? As far as i know, molten shell does trigger E.E and will give enemy fire resistance ? That what happened to me as i recognized that sometime enemy has "resistance to fire"
"
shinigami2597 wrote:
Why do you use Molten Shell ??? As far as i know, molten shell does trigger E.E and will give enemy fire resistance ? That what happened to me as i recognized that sometime enemy has "resistance to fire"

This is the reason for having Molten Shell be high level on a high level CWDT. It triggers less often so the effect to EE isn't as noticable.

The theory is that the extra survivability gained from Molten Shell is worth the occasional trigger of fire damage on EE.

This is especially true when you consider that you'll most likely also trigger ball lightning at the soon after, which would negate the Fire procc'd EE.

Edit: Not to mention Tempest Shield also negating the Molten Shell proc.
Last edited by Pyrotics on Mar 7, 2018, 1:03:56 PM
"
Pyrotics wrote:
Flammability can and needs to be a higher level because as both a Curse and Spell it's equally effected by CWDT and CoH, but you can't have multiple trigger gems effecting something. So Flammability has to be level 6+ to no longer be effected by CWDT and only trigger on CoH (though CoH needs to be high enough level to trigger the higher flammability).

why isn't the setup just CWDT-Flammability, which frees up 2 slots btw?
I have no idea how any of you stating you switched to firestorm or scorching ray cast while channeling support and firestorm with firepen even got by. I just switched to that gem set up as I moved into act 6 at lvl 48. My dps is like a 1/10th of what I was doing with 2h and sunder. Which also sucks because my dps is so fucking weak with sunder I don't even know where to go from here but to keep trucking along with what I have til I can move into RF.
"
Embermouth wrote:
I have no idea how any of you stating you switched to firestorm or scorching ray cast while channeling support and firestorm with firepen even got by. I just switched to that gem set up as I moved into act 6 at lvl 48. My dps is like a 1/10th of what I was doing with 2h and sunder. Which also sucks because my dps is so fucking weak with sunder I don't even know where to go from here but to keep trucking along with what I have til I can move into RF.

I just hit 48 and steam rolled everything with Scorching Ray, Fire Pen, Channeling and Fire Pen.

I basically just found a good magic damage boosting sceptre and shield, links for everything else and its been smooth sailing.

Now I just got to act 6 so that may change here in a second but yeah.

I'm trying to find a work around for the 4 blue 1 red link on armor atm.
Is there any sort of work around at all for the 4 blue 1 red armor? Finding the armor itself is manageable, but one with decent stats is not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info