[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

Thought of a way to keep using shield charge -> you could link it with brutality (deal no ele damage)

That way shield charge wouldn't proc your ee, and you can use an orb of storms on rares and bosses
Last edited by Carsondaly on Sep 5, 2017, 8:52:32 AM
"
Xanoth wrote:
Unless I'm being an idiot, is it not better to run scorching ray with increased duration for the debuff?

Path of Building seems oblivious to the fact we can't hit 8 stacks (again unless I'm doing something wrong with the skill gem).

So the only way to hit 8 stacks is to run increased duration, would that not be more damage from it & rf than just the burning damage gem would add on SR? It may even just be more damage for SR anyway, considering 5 stacks with +burning gem vs 8 without.

Totem duration also increases.

I'm getting a bit sceptical about the whole SR totem setup in general. Yes, PoB shows a huge damage buff, and SR totem really helped me in boss fights throughout the game, but as I got closer to endgame content, the totem became less and less useful because it died too quickly. I started noticing that around T13 maps, and when I hit guardians, the totem became completely useless - it rarely lasts more than 1-2 seconds, and you have to recast it all the time. And, of course, hitting even 5 stacks is out of the question.

And yeah, I understand that not taking advantage of Doon's free lvl 30 Iron Will is a waste (and I don't want to use CWDT + Molten Shell setup in Doon for other reasons). But I can't shake the feeling that using SR totem is also a waste when you're playing endgame content...
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
"
Xanoth wrote:
Unless I'm being an idiot, is it not better to run scorching ray with increased duration for the debuff?

Path of Building seems oblivious to the fact we can't hit 8 stacks (again unless I'm doing something wrong with the skill gem).

So the only way to hit 8 stacks is to run increased duration, would that not be more damage from it & rf than just the burning damage gem would add on SR? It may even just be more damage for SR anyway, considering 5 stacks with +burning gem vs 8 without.

Totem duration also increases.

I'm getting a bit sceptical about the whole SR totem setup in general. Yes, PoB shows a huge damage buff, and SR totem really helped me in boss fights throughout the game, but as I got closer to endgame content, the totem became less and less useful because it died too quickly. I started noticing that around T13 maps, and when I hit guardians, the totem became completely useless - it rarely lasts more than 1-2 seconds, and you have to recast it all the time. And, of course, hitting even 5 stacks is out of the question.

And yeah, I understand that not taking advantage of Doon's free lvl 30 Iron Will is a waste (and I don't want to use CWDT + Molten Shell setup in Doon for other reasons). But I can't shake the feeling that using SR totem is also a waste when you're playing endgame content...

tbh you could always self cast SR, find a different way to apply your curse, and maybe just use your chest, 6 link and cwc sr+firestorm/flameblast or something. it's not really taking away much from the RF and if you also didn't take the totem ascendancy then the fire damage you're doing is healing you anyway.

There is a lot of room to play around as once you've got a boat load of health and can counter the degen, RF gives you a reasonable amount of room to customise.

The main reason I made this character was for easy mode gameplay while I watch tv, if you want something more active, I think there are better uses for a 5 link chest than just a lazy way to apply a curse.
"
Xanoth wrote:

It's the Hinekora node for cheiftan. You will have to proc EE with orb of storms or something similiar.
Balls...

Thanks.

I guess that's a good reason not to take that Ascendancy =/

Not sure if I should change Ascendancy or just drop EE for now until I feel tankier with more gear/life, then change Ascendancy.

Just not feeling as tanky as I'd like with only level 18 gems, most 0 quality.

Hinekora is a big NO for RF chieftain.
EE is a big damage dealer. You debuff 50% of fire resist regardless who you fight.
Curse for example has only 30% (if i am not mistaken) efficiency on bosses. So droping EE is like cuting a leg.

For SR totem: just cast it behind you. Is not a decoy totem. You are the tank not the totem. SR beam is long enough. So cast it far from boss and go tank it. Totem will stay up unless is a area damage around arena.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Sep 5, 2017, 3:59:07 PM
On PoB is says that your Fire Res is 95% and I've only managed to get mine to 88% and not sure how to increase it any higher than that? Also is there any chance someone could write a few of the damage affixes I should be looking for on jewels for RF pls?
Last edited by shane_rowlands on Sep 5, 2017, 5:18:13 PM
"
On PoB is says that your Fire Res is 95% and I've only managed to get mine to 88% and not sure how to increase it any higher than that? Also is there any chance someone could write a few of the damage affixes I should be looking for on jewels for RF pls?

95% is only possible with flasks. Normally you can hit 89% (90% if you manage to get your hands on a corrupted Kaom's with +1 max ele resists).

As for jewels, look for the following damage mods:

- increased burning damage
- increased fire damage
- increased damage over time
- increased area damage
- increased damage

Burning and fire damage are the most important ones because they provide the largest bonus. DoT is potentially better than area damage because it also affects your scorching ray. Increased damage is the worst of the bunch because it can only go up to 10%.
Ok,

First time RF build for me so be prepared for dumb question :

I am trigering EE with shield charge (+Add Cold Damage ring) but why then using Scorching Ray ? It should trigger again EE but with Fire elem Dmg right ? And we don't want that, so why ?

Thx guyz
Have fun storming the caaastle !! :-)
Last edited by Dim_de_Lyon on Sep 6, 2017, 4:50:41 AM
"
Dim_de_Lyon wrote:
Ok,

First time RF build for me so be prepared for dumb question :

I am trigering EE with shield charge (+Add Cold Damage ring) but why then using Scorching Ray ? It should trigger again EE but with Fire elem Dmg right ? And we don't want that, so why ?

Thx guyz

SR won't proc EE because it doesn't hit :) It's a degen, just like RF. That's why they synergize so well.
"
Piftiuta wrote:

Hinekora is a big NO for RF chieftain.
EE is a big damage dealer. You debuff 50% of fire resist regardless who you fight.
Curse for example has only 30% (if i am not mistaken) efficiency on bosses. So droping EE is like cuting a leg.

For SR totem: just cast it behind you. Is not a decoy totem. You are the tank not the totem. SR beam is long enough. So cast it far from boss and go tank it. Totem will stay up unless is a area damage around arena.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll respec tonight.

I was considering using another skill other than shield charge to proc EE and maybe just dropping flammability and using a witchfire to save a whole load of sockets. As I could probably then run a Kaoms instead for way more life and damage. I'm still not sure I want to push this character though, still looking at other builds.
Last edited by Xanoth on Sep 6, 2017, 5:56:40 AM
"
Xanoth wrote:

I was considering using another skill other than shield charge to proc EE and maybe just dropping flammability and using a witchfire to save a whole load of sockets.

An interesting idea would be to use lvl 1 CWDT + lvl 10 Vulnerability. I mean, the usual approach is to use low-level CWDT + BV in combination with high-level CoH + Flammability, but with Vulnerability, the 33% increased DoT works from lvl 1, so you can link it directly to low-level CWDT. And that's just 2 sockets. Unless I'm missing some hidden mechanic that will prevent this setup from working :D
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Sep 6, 2017, 6:57:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info