[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
MainSkills wrote:
can someone explain me what dex do in this build ?

Dex allows higher level vaal haste/grace, and higher level faster attacks
Been trying out this build but I can't survive T8 maps at all, I just die instantly, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong...
"
Been trying out this build but I can't survive T8 maps at all, I just die instantly, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong...

You aren't alone man. This build is super glass cannon. I've done it three times now and all the same issue you said. You literally can't get hit often on maps past T3 without instant death.

Now after all my knowledge I built it again this league with TONS of life nodes and life regen. I also took an insane amount of damage nodes. My damage feels fine as usual but yet again I'm just getting shit on by anything that hits me. I have full resists too. I think the main problem with this build is the Abyssus helm, which is mandatory for damage imo. Taking an extra 50-60% damage (includes berserk 10% from berserk ascendancy) is really brutal.

I didn't see any mention either of how bad freezing / chilled is now in this league. Literally just started through T1-4 maps and constantly I'm completely frozen for INSANE amounts of time and I just get shredded instantly. I sadly think this ring seems to be almost mandatory for multiple maps which have these insanely OP freeze mobs now.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dream_Fragments

But as for tanking damage, I don't even know. I think it's just stick a totem or 2, get out and hope for the best. Because life regen almost seems pointless at times when you're hit so hard that it becomes pointless...

Last edited by UnholyHanma on Jan 5, 2018, 11:59:56 PM
"
UnholyHanma wrote:
"

You aren't alone man. This build is super glass cannon. I've done it three times now and all the same issue you said. You literally can't get hit often on maps past T3 without instant death.

Now after all my knowledge I built it again this league with TONS of life nodes and life regen. I also took an insane amount of damage nodes. My damage feels fine as usual but yet again I'm just getting shit on by anything that hits me. I have full resists too. I think the main problem with this build is the Abyssus helm, which is mandatory for damage imo. Taking an extra 50-60% damage (includes berserk 10% from berserk ascendancy) is really brutal.

I didn't see any mention either of how bad freezing / chilled is now in this league. Literally just started through T1-4 maps and constantly I'm completely frozen for INSANE amounts of time and I just get shredded instantly. I sadly think this ring seems to be almost mandatory for multiple maps which have these insanely OP freeze mobs now.

But as for tanking damage, I don't even know. I think it's just stick a totem or 2, get out and hope for the best. Because life regen almost seems pointless at times when you're hit so hard that it becomes pointless...

I mean, I spent around 30exalted on the gear and it just seems so...underwhelming? I can do fine till Tier 8 maps and like you said you have to drop totems and pray that you won't get 1 shot by a trash mob or anything
Should I run 5L belly of the beast or keeep using rare 6l till i get currency for 6l belly?
I am running this build with the TuK shield and it does very well. I am still using my tabula at lvl 84 and have been able to T9 so far easily. My life is only around 4.9k HP as well. You can take a look at my profile for gear and I am using the second tree that he posted. I have also self ran the uber lab as well.

* AARIN it depends on the content you are doing and the strength of your other gear. I am still fusing away trying for my Belly 6L as well. I run tabula since i am at nearly 5k hp with it. I need to shield charge around a bit more without belly but I am running T8+ so far and doing well.
Last edited by kilthas84 on Jan 6, 2018, 6:15:22 AM
Lul on glass canon from guy running in tabula.

I can easily do t16 and shaper without tukohama even.
Also i bought tuko but im not sure i want to use it u drop 2jewel slot and dmg auras for 1 more totem im not sure if its worth it these league with abyss jewels.
Hey Guggelhupf,

thanks again for the guide. I´ve been working on the Yriel's Fostering and I got it now working. Unlike you I didn´t go into Great Old One´s with HoA and Hatred but instead kept the Tukohama's Fortress and went for Phys Damage only. Got with the 3 totems out now almost 7k HP and 15.5k armor (lvl 94), ridiculous.

First thing I did was Shaper Guardians after I got the Yriel's... and man does this make one hell of a difference! I melted Hydra and Phoenix down in about 10 sec... unbelievable.

Best char in this league for me personally.
"
Najuno1980 wrote:
Hey Guggelhupf,

thanks again for the guide. I´ve been working on the Yriel's Fostering and I got it now working. Unlike you I didn´t go into Great Old One´s with HoA and Hatred but instead kept the Tukohama's Fortress and went for Phys Damage only. Got with the 3 totems out now almost 7k HP and 15.5k armor (lvl 94), ridiculous.

First thing I did was Shaper Guardians after I got the Yriel's... and man does this make one hell of a difference! I melted Hydra and Phoenix down in about 10 sec... unbelievable.

Best char in this league for me personally.

Could You set your character to public I would love to check your setup.
"
"
UnholyHanma wrote:
"

I mean, I spent around 30exalted on the gear and it just seems so...underwhelming? I can do fine till Tier 8 maps and like you said you have to drop totems and pray that you won't get 1 shot by a trash mob or anything
What? I'm one shotting everything on t8 with minimal damage. I don't even use flasks at the moment. Enduring Cry and Immortal is currently all the defense I need. Sounds like your setup is broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info