3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
Do you ever need anti freeze flasks? I thought you had mentioned getting frozen sucks(for sure), but I see yo have just anti bleed flasks. Just curious, nice build..going to use it now that the whispering ice build I was digging on got shat on, thanks!

you can use whatever flasks you need really I've never had issues with chill or freeze and now the new kaom's boots prevent movement speed from dipping below base speed so really even less needed. You "can" get frozen but in 94 of my levels it really doesn't happen.

You're welcome to use Taste of Hate flask or even a silver flask with "cannot be frozen" on it in case you need it but it simply rarely or never happens. I've never heard a complaint either til now.

There was once a map did with both 375% crit chance + 35% crit dmg and 105% cold dmg from enemies once managed to split-second freeze me over and over but I was lv 78 doing a lv80 map and that was when I only had 55k dps and 4500 life but I stormed it anyway no cold flask. That was so long ago, the memories :P enemies just die too fast and my build's life pool is just so large now it just doesn't happen.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
triwesterki wrote:

revamped entire guide for final time prior to 3.0
Will I be able to do Shaper in legacy? I ask because you have mirrored gear in standard and still die?
The short answer is yes and no.

-Yes with 8k life and around 200-300k DPS should do it as that is what Soup achieved but you will not win every attempt at Shaper with that DPS. The fight itself is sort of timed. Don't kill him fast enough and the arena will kill you even if Shaper is a newb. I personally thought Shaper was pretty tankable! It was just that damn arena that killed me 4x in my fight with him.

-No also because of a catch with my budget build is that his axes provide the melee phys. dmg. and APS that his many sources of "gained" additional damage draw from, so cheaper axes have far less damage synergy making it harder to leech faster and do the kind of DPS that will kill super-bosses fast enough to win them reliably.

If you are a foot-warrior then yeah, you can master Shaper and Uber's arenas and win all the time but it's not as easy as it sounds

I personally have never farmed Uber or Shaper or even regular Atziri. I killed them and Soup killed them a bunch just to make sure people who want to slog through that crap can do it if they like that sort of thing. I made a decision that if it was not fun, then it is not worthy to be in the game. Shaper and Uber are not fun.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 20, 2017, 5:30:13 PM
EVERYONE SPEAK UP! DO NOT LET GGG NERF VAAL PACT! SPEAK UP!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919/page/163

SPEAK FOR GOD'S SAKE! YOU TELL THOSE F*CKERS LEAVE VAAL PACT ALONE!
Thanks for the reply.

And sorry If I'm wrong here but won't the Vaal Pact changes only apply to ES?
Yes Umbra. At least for now lol. Ur build is safe and probably will get buffed by life changes (i hope).
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Yes Umbra. At least for now lol. Ur build is safe and probably will get buffed by life changes (i hope).

I heard from reliable supporters that GGG is planning to utterly nerf VP in the coming patches but not all at once
as in, totally gone, not reworked but that they are going to do it slowly
That's how they always do things to prevent mass sudden rage-quits

They will buff life, slowly drop VP, then drop life again or create enemies that simply do so much damage that the 20k life will just feel like 9k does now so it won't matter. 20,000 life is not better than 9000 infinitely refillable life since Shaper and Uber already do 30k+ super hits that always require dodging

Shaper can do like 10k per second with that kamehameha beam. 20k life won't help there either without VP
Without instant life leech this build will T16 tops without Atziri's Acuity or some absurd amount of health since dodging does not help my build. Without very very fast leech, the whole build will be unreliable even with epic gear

And as much as I'd like to get 20k life then include Atziri's Acuity into the build, I know they will rework life buffs eventually and regardless my build would become elite only and bye-bye budget build

I had a witch with 22k ES and she was butchered on a regular basis around patch 1.4. It's why I made the switch to life over ES
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 20, 2017, 6:24:49 PM
Hmmm, if that happens I don't know what I want to build then that will be fun but also effective end game. I guess regular life leech with enough raised leech cap per second, plus maybe a life on hit gem since you attack so fast?

Also not sure how often cloak of savagery is active for you, or if it is possibly to work in a claw plus life on hit gem to get enough aps/life on hit to make it worth while, perhaps with increased defenses to just keep the hits savage, but barely savage.
Last edited by FrooostyTheBlowman on May 20, 2017, 7:09:29 PM
-I did life gain on hit gem and gear but both were inferior to life leech gem and Vaal Pact was like night and day vs leech gem
-tried dropping life leech gem for 2x rings + amulet + gloves with leech but still could barely tank t15's due to queuing
-had to drop life leech gem to even come close to 60k DPS pre-Dual Strike buff with epic gear, now I'd hover around 150k which is a loss of half a million DPS. As if that is a good tradeoff
-Shaper barely possible even with 250k DPS and at 400k is still going to cost you 2-5x in portals
-adding a leech gem won't help since leech queues = high tier boss death
-before Vaal Pact was buffed 1 year ago my 500ex gear could barely take on t15 Abyss and Coliseum

If total life hit 40,000 with no leech that would allow 1 big hit from Shaper then you'd have to run
10,000 life is 1 second of his yellow death beam

lol health buffs will not help unless leech remains as-is
lol losing Vaal Pact but then going for leech nodes will cost more health passives than what I'd gain from an epic hybrid life roll armor and STILL there would be leech issues

Leech queues take 3 seconds to refill.

See why I'm pissed? Health won't matter unless I become a block tank to maximize health pool then use a mix of health pots, footwork and life leech gem to maintain health, which would end the style and power of my dual striker completely

Vaal Pact has become a core of my build. I will be forced to incorporate Atziri's Acuity and bye-bye budget build
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 20, 2017, 7:39:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info