3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

mklnklm,
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Heya, how much aps would be normal to have on a budget build? Because I can't seem to go over 6 aps in ho only with aura's and I still didn't unspec the berserking node, I have aps on gloves, axes and all jewels lol, can't seem to understand how do u reach 10 aps. Also My hp is 6.5k, maybe you could also check my tree, maybe it needs fixing..? My tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQHcBS0F-Qm7DHMNjQ-rEdUTTBQgFfAWvxbpF-EYkRmKIZAj0yP2JDckiyaVJvgoKio4LlMwdzIJNZI26DpSOuE9_EMxR35J1Up9TP9Nkk3jTipOMlBHVUtXl1hjWK9Z_luvXz9f0GBBYeJjcGRSZU1oZWxGbydvO3JsdO12rHfjeA15aHzZhMWE2YVShmCHdotPjM-VZpXMlwaXeZhXmmqbapu1o4qmV6lurY2xs7XyvJ-9Nr6nvwjAGsEEwaPDOsbYz37Tb9i92WHaweJh5FHqEOoY7T_uDu8O8kXzb_Pd9kj3Mvhf-Ov5Y_zF_gr-jw==.

I see as you wrote in your main thread page, that Darresso's salute is giving crappier dmg when using with added fire, so since the prices in LSC are low for that amulet I got one with attack speed corruption and now succesfully using it with another melee damage on hit gem, which is a nice dps boost.

P.S. Crafted this in LSC
thinking of exing it, worth to try for flat phys, hybrid phys or life leech?

EDIT: Okay, wanted to do the crafting either way, so quite satisfied.. :D gonna ex it again later maybe
Last edited by pashkudas on May 22, 2017, 7:54:53 AM
"
pashkudas wrote:
Heya, how much aps would be normal to have on a budget build? Because I can't seem to go over 6 aps in ho only with aura's and I still didn't unspec the berserking node, I have aps on gloves, axes and all jewels lol, can't seem to understand how do u reach 10 aps. Also My hp is 6.5k, maybe you could also check my tree, maybe it needs fixing..? My tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQHcBS0F-Qm7DHMNjQ-rEdUTTBQgFfAWvxbpF-EYkRmKIZAj0yP2JDckiyaVJvgoKio4LlMwdzIJNZI26DpSOuE9_EMxR35J1Up9TP9Nkk3jTipOMlBHVUtXl1hjWK9Z_luvXz9f0GBBYeJjcGRSZU1oZWxGbydvO3JsdO12rHfjeA15aHzZhMWE2YVShmCHdotPjM-VZpXMlwaXeZhXmmqbapu1o4qmV6lurY2xs7XyvJ-9Nr6nvwjAGsEEwaPDOsbYz37Tb9i92WHaweJh5FHqEOoY7T_uDu8O8kXzb_Pd9kj3Mvhf-Ov5Y_zF_gr-jw==.

I see as you wrote in your main thread page, that Darresso's salute is giving crappier dmg when using with added fire, so since the prices in LSC are low for that amulet I got one with attack speed corruption and now succesfully using it with another melee damage on hit gem, which is a nice dps boost.

P.S. Crafted this in LSC

EDIT: Okay, wanted to do the crafting either way, so quite satisfied.. :D gonna ex it again later maybe

Interesting, I did not see a single APS-oriented corrupt on standard Daresso and still don't see them. Must be extremely rare.

Sadly even 12% APS on the amulet would not increase DPS beyond the melee phys. gem + the Str(&Int.) on the rare amulet, which is lost on corrupt on the Daresso as well, furthering loss of health. The gain of the actual gem over the amulet + different gem was very substantial so don't let the good feeling of the swap make it seem like what it really isn't, rely on the math to know and Soup's math indicated a very substantial increase with the melee gem over Daresso+different gem. If you ever are on standard and find a 16% APS Daresso I may be able to test with it, but I imagine they would only corrupt to what, 4% ?

If the corrupt of Daresso could hit 16% APS then that might be different as it'd be like 3 -4 levels of APS nodes which I could work on the passive tree for life and melee phys dmg to augment the combo. THEN I could see it working.

1.88-1.90 APS is what you want on an axe
Don't ex them, there are literally 12 other mods that can roll and of those mods you can get a +1-2 fire dmg mod lolz chances of a high tier roll are so close to zero

The only true way to craft was nerfed so you must trans+alt+regal or alch then scour or chaos the axe until it become perfect to limit the chance of an ex being wasted. I used to craft using nerfed orbs called eternal orbs that would make a mirror copy of the item for restoration if the mod was bad, but those are gone

By the way those axes may not even be capable of the suffix you want. It's been a while, but I'm already seeing 3 suffixes on each so their damage won't go up which leaves awful affix rolls most likely not even damage oriented. You're best doing "can have multiple crafted mods" on the axe or save for an epic axe from the 1.0 days

I'd also wait anyway, as GGG may be nerfing Vaal Pact which may hurt my build's survival

As for the tree, I'd remove the 3 APS nodes in "Berserking" below the huge square cluster of health and instead fill in the health nodes under Herbalism and Bloodless or do 2 or 3 in Armor, Evasion, Life triangle under Scion area
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 22, 2017, 9:40:46 AM
"
"
pashkudas wrote:

P.S. Crafted this in LSC

Interesting, I did not see a single APS-oriented corrupt on standard Daresso and still don't see them. Must be extremely rare.

Sadly even 12% APS on the amulet would not increase DPS beyond the melee phys. gem + the Str(&Int.) on the rare amulet, which is lost on corrupt on the Daresso as well, furthering loss of health. The gain of the actual gem over the amulet + different gem was very substantial so don't let the good feeling of the swap make it seem like what it really isn't, rely on the math to know and Soup's math indicated a very substantial increase with the melee gem over Daresso+different gem. If you ever are on standard and find a 16% APS Daresso I may be able to test with it, but I imagine they would only corrupt to what, 4% ?

If the corrupt of Daresso could hit 16% APS then that might be different as it'd be like 3 -4 levels of APS nodes which I could work on the passive tree for life and melee phys dmg to augment the combo. THEN I could see it working.

Don't ex them, there are literally 12 other mods that can roll and of those mods you can get a +1-2 fire dmg mod lolz chances of a high tier roll are so close to zero

The only true way to craft was nerfed so you must trans+alt+regal or alch then scour or chaos the axe until it become perfect to limit the chance of an ex being wasted. I used to craft using nerfed orbs called eternal orbs that would make a mirror copy of the item for restoration if the mod was bad, but those are gone

By the way those axes may not even be capable of the suffix you want. It's been a while, but I'm already seeing 3 suffixes on each so their damage won't go up which leaves awful affix rolls most likely not even damage oriented. You're best doing "can have multiple crafted mods" on the axe or save for an epic axe from the 1.0 days

I'd also wait anyway, as GGG may be nerfing Vaal Pact which may hurt my build's survival

As for the tree, I'd remove the 3 APS nodes in "Berserking" below the huge square cluster of health and instead fill in the health nodes under Herbalism and Bloodless or do 2 or 3 in Armor, Evasion, Life triangle under Scion area

Thanks alot for the detailed reply. By asking about aps I meant the aps in character stat section, now only with auras I have 5.05 aps and if I drop berserking section, I have 4.7 aps... And I can see in your stats you have 15.5 lol.

As for the amulet, it's not possible to get 16% aps on it, because the max roll is 8%.
"
pashkudas wrote:
"
"
pashkudas wrote:

P.S. Crafted this in LSC

Thanks alot for the detailed reply. By asking about aps I meant the aps in character stat section, now only with auras I have 5.05 aps and if I drop berserking section, I have 4.7 aps... And I can see in your stats you have 15.5 lol.

As for the amulet, it's not possible to get 16% aps on it, because the max roll is 8%.

how is it your APS is so low? It's like not even possible lol My friends all have 12 APS with budget gear at level 82ish plus higher when potting silver and taking hits capping around 14.4 APS. Their gear was only a few ex. You must be telling me APS like naked or something. Equip all gear then tell me APS on Dual Strike in character attack section like in my screenshot. Then pot and tell me APS.

My actual APS after silver flask and savage hits timed right hits just shy of 18 APS, like 17.7 or something in that area and really I shouldn't have much more than you except from some gear since our trees are the same and axes are 1.88-1.90 APS my damage is just higher given my axes' damage but APS should be similar
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 22, 2017, 11:26:35 AM
Where is the tree? I couldnt find it
I think he accidentally deleted the skill tree today when he updated something. I can only offer you tree until around lvl 45:

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAG0BCwA0e4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz35XDdIhns2nMJ_LdqzqGPcyfNnynG6X974B5zboWK-pbnfjAdyE2Ud-vTbAGm87eA218jWS2L3-CvJFOuGmV2VNvqcAAA8AAAIAB9ABAfQBAwsCBgAAAA==

But I´m pretty sure he will fix it when he recognizes it...

"
I think he accidentally deleted the skill tree today when he updated something. I can only offer you tree until around lvl 45:

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAG0BCwA0e4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz35XDdIhns2nMJ_LdqzqGPcyfNnynG6X974B5zboWK-pbnfjAdyE2Ud-vTbAGm87eA218jWS2L3-CvJFOuGmV2VNvqcAAA8AAAIAB9ABAfQBAwsCBgAAAA==

Thank you for the answer.
I hope it can finish today, I'm curious about the new tree
"
FexeLL wrote:
"

Thank you for the answer.
I hope it can finish today, I'm curious about the new tree

SIGH! There isa a recurrent format error that deletes my post since it is so long. I am glad I have a backup. The tree and all writintg is back. I broke my right palm topday so I cannot type but will be back tomorow

ANY DEFENSE FOCUS IN MIND
FOR THIS BUILD IS?
Spoiler
This is his defense in order of importance numbered below. Remember, this build is very synergistic, where changing one thing impacts the others to varying degrees. It takes time to feel-out this delicate balance! This is easily one of the most challenging end-game builds in POE!

1. Leech is his #1 defense= sponge damage like the God of War himself in all situations without running, dodging, evading or excessive health potting
2. Life= better sponging and fewer one-shot deaths= tank everything!!
3. Attacks per Second= fast tiny leech hits= instant health recovery
4. Block= negate damage= tank effectively in those hairy situations
NOTE: As of patch 2.4, Vaal Pact improvements and the Dual Strike buff blocking is almost not needed with Rumi's potions even in T15/T16 maps for those with epic gear because by that point you have so much health that nothing but Uber and Shaper can 1-hit you meaning leeching will never let you die
***Don't go nuts with armor guys! Your Damage Reduction is a mix of armor rating from Rumi's Concoction/Lion's Roar flasks, Fortify, Arctic Armor and just a couple armor/life/evasion nodes which multiply when you pot with Rumi's. Overall, physical damage isn't a big thread and also armor has little effect on my build since he uses Immortal Call setup for physical damage immunity

WHAT IS HIS
PLAYSTYLE LIKE
AND HOW DOES THE GEMS
& FLASKS WORK?
Spoiler
1) Leap slam into enemies

2) Kill them

3) Repeat.

DO NOT PLAY SAFE. DO NOT EDGE MOBS, LEAP INTO THE CENTER OF MOBS OR YOU WILL DIE. PLAYING IT SAFE CAUSES DEATH.

The build functions at its core by being all physical melee damage. It uses Voidheart ring to stack bleed and poison damage from melee hits which is devastating because he attacks about 1080x per minute. Using Bloodlust gem further multiplies damage on bleeding enemies making physical damage mods very much more effective.

Furthermore, the use of auras and flasks my dual striker can "gain rather than convert" all of his raw physical melee damage +APS into other sources of "additional" damage like poison+chaos+bleed from flasks & Voidheart ring, while his auras give cold and burn damage from Hatred and Herald of Ash. Meanwhile Soul Taker chills on hit and Melee Splash spreads all of those damage sources across a wide area for devastating AoE. The result is relible clear speed, high life, infinite instant leech, and single boss tanking. He does this with unmitigated fury at all times and is the most devastating, relentless melee build ever conceived.

BANDITS:
Spoiler
Normal- Help Oak for +40 Life
Cruel- Help Kraityn for +8% APS
Merciless- Kill All for Passive Point

LEVELING PASSIVE TREE, STARTING GEAR,
DEFENSE STRATEGY, POE TRADE GEAR
AND ENDGAME

Spoiler

STARTING STRATEGY
LEVEL 1 to 46 PASSIVE SKILL TREE

Try to get high life/mana leech via gear
Get high life via passive nodes
APS from weapons
and make strategic use of flasks when found or bought very very cheaply

Example of Early Gear, 1 alch to 5c price range or say no
Brightbeak hammer gives insane APS at early game

Do not spend more than a few chaos on any of these, you will outlevel them very rapidly

You should see the commonality of all the gear- They enable tanking via resisting stuns, getting more max life, increased APS for DPS and Leeching. Armor is harder to come by at low level and while armor is not a factor in my build at all, it may be needed at low level until you get your life pool large enough.

Notice how the life tree is focusing on life across levels 46 to 100? That's your defense at play and is why low levels can be hard. This can make it hard to progress and come lv50-65 a lot of your low level gear won't be very helpful anymore but equipping your other gear requires levels lv68-72 so story progress can become a brick wall. Use teammates for help and when you finally equip the Soul Taker and Bringer of Rain WOW, you will be mapping lv75 alch'ed maps solo like a speeding train. So don't worry, leveling will become so much easier!

So early game really is just nabbing as much APS, leech and life as possible. Manage mana leech with those gloves because they are epic and although the sword and hammer aren't amazing they are so blinding fast at low level you will be crazy! They last til around level 50 before they start taking eons to kill mobs, so that's why you hop in teams for 10 levels. And good luck trying to 5L prior to lv40 haha mana multipliers kill management. Don't be scared to take an Intelligence node. 4L should be fine.

Do your best to mimic endgame with Leap Slam gem setup and Dual Strike for maximum APS and Melee Damage comes in a firm second place. APS gives life/mana leech which helps you tank and genuinely increases damage more than plain added physical damage. It can be hard at first since high APS can drain mana faster than simply opting for more plain melee damage but when you get mana sorted out you will be a god.

MORE DETAIL
1. Equip Lakishu unique one handed sword as soon as you can. They're very cheap (2 alteration to 1-2 alch), It offers a built in Multistrike and will carry you through to lvl 60. In your 60's you'll want to look up Wings of Entropy if you're still broke and didn't have good luck with uniques. It's a very solid Dual Striker Axe and will easily carry you to 75+ while you build currency. It should cost an alch or 2, maybe 1 chaos.

2. Don't hesitate to get that +30 int node. You will have intelligence problems. Respec later once your jewelry makes up for it. Also, don't wear Kaom's Roots until you can max your res from just Jewelry, Belt, Gloves.

MID-GAME
LEVEL 56 PASSIVE SKILL TREE

About time to either equip this bad boy for around 8-12 levels or join some teams! 4L-5L is fine!!! Don't waste money on 6L.

LEVEL 78 PASSIVE SKILL TREE

Come lv68-72 you should have most or all of the endgame budget/epic gear listed at the top of my forum.
Word to the wise, do not equip Kaom's Roots Titan Grieves until your resists are maxed 75% or overcapped 100+%

3. If you're broke, save for that Soul Taker. But get a Bringer of Rain first. It should cost you roughly 1-5 chaos for even a good non-legacy Bringer of Rain. Soul Taker will cost anywhere from 35 chaos (great deal) to 60chaos/1exalt.

4. Get Rumi's flasks last, you can get away with some Granite Flasks/Basalt Till you have enough currency after your soul takers.

Time to equip the Might and Influence jewel over in the right of the tree near Weapon Artistry node for the radius of 40dex nodes and drop melee splash for either Melee Damage on Full Life or Added Fire gem

POE TRADE LINKS.
NOTE: links are for STANDARD league and are examples, including offline. Change all what you want through "show search form" button. You need 1.88 APS on the axe minimum guys and jewels must have 7% max life, APS, melee damage and if you're smart you won't settle for 3 affixes, you'll want that 4th. Fill in whatever gap in defense you have, most likely intelligence and a little resistances. These jewels are the ultimate endgame gear tactic, so don't skimp on one with 2-3 attributes but Soup says it's not the end of the world if you don't plan on killing Uber Atziri or Shaper.
axe: http://poe.trade/search/uazasitonomour
jewel: http://poe.trade/search/hitatonasitito

ENDGAME, GUYS THIS IS IMPORTANT
LEVEL 100 PASSIVE SKILL TREE
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAcAAQchAACBAdwFLQX5CbsMcw2NDjwPqxHVE0wUIBRNFHEV8Ba_F-EYkRmKI9Mj9iSLJpUm-CgqKjguUzB3NZI26DpSOuE9_EMxR35J1Up9TP9Nkk3jTipOMlBHVUtXl1hjWK9Z_luvXz9gQWHiY3BkUmVNZ6BoZW8nbzt07Xasd-N4DXrvfNmCB4TFhNmFUoZgh3aK8ItPjM-NfZVmlcyXBpd5mmqbapu1o4qmV6lurY2wq7GztfK8n702vqfAGsGjwzrEgsbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNrB4mHjn-RR6hjtP-4O7w7yQfJF82_z3fZI9zL46_lj_Ev8xf4K_o8W6SGQJDdf0JhXvwjqEPhfAAAAAAA=

Now it's time to regret as needed and follow the lv100 tree.
REGRET STRATEGY:
1. Fill in the highway node path (south toward Bloody Bludgeon) to acquire that lower-most jewel node
2. Then work up (northwest) to get the Bloodless health cluster
3. Then fill in the highway of strength nodes leading northwest to Onslaught, and once connected you can now cheaply regret the highway beneath Warrior's Blood. Deposit those regretted points according to the lv100 tree or where you think is best for your survival at that current level. You will suddenly be so insanely more powerful that you might have to touch yourself before continuing to play the game! Again, if needed, gently modify my tree to suit your weaknesses! I tend to go for more APS and Life nodes when I feel pressed.

6. Around lv85+ you'll see that one-shots become more common with rared/corrupted maps because of mods like vulnerability, +Damage Taken and temporal chains, among others to keep an eye on. The problem is honestly just life. It's math, as my dual striker has virtually no defense except a super-high life pool and leech so you'll need 6500 life to make endgame T15+ maps reliably cleared. You'll also see your not-awesome-enough siege axes swinging wayyyy too slowly for comfort due to temporal chains curses causing you to leech less and be even less mobile. You'll be frozen/chilled too which is also best counteracted with very high life plus freeze flasks since freeze is based on life pool per single hit but as a leecher it's not always the best buffer. So once you're taking an hour to clear one corrupted t12-15 map you will start to understand that it's time to start swapping out that old gear for true endgame gear, and this is where you either love this character as much as I do to make the cut or you quit him. With my improvements to the dual striker plus Soup's refinement of him for Shaper and Uber Atziri, even a budget build can make it to tank the Guardians and even farm double Malachai or wreck Atziri at Apex...but if you're reading this then you want Uber Atziri and Shaper, so it's time to get some godly gear.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Spoiler

Can I use Blood Rage to crank DPS since it offers leech too? No, no and no lol that gem crucifies survival even with epic gear once you start running T13+ maps with mods on them because leech is being ruined. A block build would not decrease block for DPS and expect to survive so why would a leech build do that? The added leech percent in the gem does nothing as your leech percent is already high enough to leech a 50k life per split-second. The draining life effect has a process/order to it that interferes with leech even though leech should still be instant, it just isn't anymore. You will die

is this build still viable after the void ring nerf?
Voidheart non-legacy still applies bleed. At 14-18 APS bleed will definitely stack to max in a second. Regardless he still has 3 sources to cause bleeding without the ring in non-standard leagues: Leap Slam, Vengeance and Warchief totem

When you leap into enemies, if they are still alive, you get attacked, vengeance works, it is second source to apply bleeding. if you see rare monster you can throw a totem before jump, it is third source to apply bleeding. Chance to cause bleeding= 1-(1-chance to cause bleeding)^sources for 36% voidheart and 3 sources chance to cause bleeding=76%. if totem deals 5 attacks per second, every attack is a source. so after first second of fight, your enemies will be bleeding with 95.5% chance. after 2nd second 99.5%, after 3d- 100% if totem is active.

Can this buld play reflect maps?
Yes, I play all mods except "no leech" including tanking double boss T15 with budget builds
Use Rumi and added fire support gem in dual strike setup for phys. reflect
Turn off elemental auras and fortify in dual strike setup for ele reflect but this usually is not needed

Stupid question, why you are not using any chest piece?
The Bringer of Rain helm has mod "can't use chest armor" but you can wear any armor for skin, all stats and gems will be ignored but gems will get experience

Is this HC viable?
Yes. I've had a bunch of guys make it past lv90 on hardcore and stop mainly because of gear expenses to reach higher tiers

Can you test how 'actual' version of your builds works? W/o this old expensive stuff?
I tested build without legacy items on every content. Budget version kills T16 iiq100+. I did vaal temple (was t14) with 6 portals, pre-nerf Core with 2 portals (T15 core was true nightmare before atlas expansion) in perandus (no legacy items, 320pdps axe when Voidheart did not even exist). Now with Voidheart both legacy and non-legacy, all of the above is easy-peasy on budget gear

It's not really worth getting the endurance charges?
endurance charges are not important part of build. dual striker can not generate them often enough for valuable effect in all scenarios. It's there to help and it does. Uber Trio is a great example. That cycloner triggers endurance charges almost every time he attacks.

Do you change your gear during the Uber Lab?
1) Flasks switch to all health pretty much. Keep main flasks in inventory for bosses
2) Endurance charges help a bit, 4 link: leap slam- fortify- faster attacks- endurance charge on melee stun is good option there

Is there a reason why you chose dual strike as your primary offensive skill? Will other
skills like lacerate work as well?

I created my dual striker to be like the Diablo 2 Smiter Paladin wearing Dracul's gauntlets (only leech gloves in that game). I loved the speed of his chopping and the speed also made him virtually unkilliable unless he's 1-hit. He can tank 18 stacks of the Uber Trio's corrupted blood while gaining health haha. He's just nuts. I don't know much about other skills but I do know Cleave is viable but many people say it lacks the speed and feeling of extreme power. It should be endgame viable but you will be on your own for that. I can say that he is easily the most unique character in POE and he just makes you feel so powerful. Other skills were slow or boring or limited and didn't make me feel strong and also wouldn't let me tank. I don't like running, skirting, dodging or anything. I managed to get my dual striker powerful enough that even my budget build dual striker can tank all maps/bosses corrupt-mods in the entire game except Uber Atziri and Shaper who were made specifically anyway to F*** everyone sideways so I can't help that. To be serious though my guy is very very close to being able to fully tank Shaper but the arena itself is a complete and utter deathtrap no matter what. I'd say those are all reasons why I love my build more than any other.

SO, YOU WANNA FIGHT
UBER ATZIRI DO YA?
Spoiler

BASIC STEPS TO BEATING UBER ATZIRI:

1. The Trio
You can pretty much tank the uber trio if not for that rain of arrows chick in the middle. Nub dat biotch because she can burst damage you insanely fast but ultimately they aren't a threat anymore when you memorize how to kill them. Kill her first and you need to avoid taking damage from the other two guardians while trying to kill her because their combined damage basically insta-kills everyone. Once the girl is dead it's so much easier to stand still and tank. Your health can still plummet fast so make sure you are leeching constantly and bleed pot when you see 8-10 stacks of corrupted blood because the cycloner can dish out dozens in seconds. You can tank 18 stacks but that's only like 1 to 2 cyclones. He's the worst in my opinion because he doesn't deal savage hits making him always able to kill you when it's just him. When all three are there you take a lot of savage hits making you gain 100% of your damage as leech so you're unkillable almost. No harm is some regrouping because by and large the speed of the trio compared to my guy is slow. You can do some footwork safely. If you get attacked attack back though to avoid burst damage. Work your way around the level to make them move their feet too. Like Badminton!

2. Uber Atziri
Avoid most or all of her flameblasts/lightning calls. Yeah, you can take 9/10 of her single attacks, but even with 8k health and tons of extra fire/lightning res she can critical you and you'll get one hit deadeded. In all honesty Shaper is easier to dodge than Uber and she tends to fill the room with flameblasts so don't get antsy and attack too long in a row, it's safest to attack then back off even if you do not yet see the flameblasts being cast. Multistrike can cause a delay in fleeing the flameblasts so just be patient and you'll win. Remember you chose this build for fun, but Uber Atziri was never meant to be fun, she was meant to punish everyone. She was meant to challenge the most hardcore elite players in the game so you may need to be elite too like others have to be.

3. Take your time dude-
She has millions of health and resists just about everything you throw at her. People who fight her well can die easily in more common situations since they are overspecialized. Overspecialization breeds weakness. But you are not weak. You are a mob thrashing axe kiler who can tank every boss in the game except her. Treat her with the respect she deserves and take her down as if she were Sauron. Go slow, time your attacks, plans your moves, monitor her attack patterns and just be relaxed. You might not pwn her, but you'll win.

4. Have 10+ex before even considering trying. You will need to memorize the fight. Period. You will die, a lot. But you'll start to develop a winning curve until you win all of the time. Be prepared to invest a lot of exalts into Mortal sets but for those who want to win, they shall taste victory

SO YOU WANNA KILL
SHAPER TOO???
Spoiler

Actually Shaper I thought was more straightforward than Uber Atziri but no matter how easy he can seem you'll likely die a couple times to that stupid arena of AoE doom that he's in. With moderate gear to epic gear you can tank Shaper utterly EXCEPT that weird rune void slam explosion thingy, which does like 30,000 so no one can tank that. You can also tank his yellow death beam kamehameha while standing on a degen void on the ground.

Hugging Shaper will force him to use his weak a** melee attack on you, so facetanking is very much more preferable than attacking and running over and over. Practice your footwork to detonate those big grey orbs that follow you around and pop causing the floor to become a degen doom room. Pop them on the outer edges of the arena. I made the mistake of popping one INSIDE Zana's red safety area lol that didn't end well.

The fight itself I think is easier than Uber Atziri because she has elemental attacks that can suddenly fill the entire room to one-shot you plus almost every spell she casts has the potential to kill you even when the spells do not overlap since my build maxes at 9300 life. Her attacks tend to do 8000 minimum and can critical and can penetrate resistances. Uhg! Shaper though only has one attack that can kill you utterly but his arena is very fustercluck of one-shot doom orbs.

I've even encountered obnoxious lags when Zana does NOT erect the red orb safety area and then those purple armageddon balls one-shot you. So annoying but that's GGG's fault. They filled the fight with cheap one-shot script mechanics to keep players on their toes.

Besides all of this, that's really all there is to killing Shaper. Just a crap ton of life and DPS followed by tedious memory of the scripted one-shot arena sequences. Honestly, without that arena Shaper would be a total newb.

NOTE: The main reason why budget builds can't reliably (or at all) kill Shaper is because the arena eventually kills you after a period of time has passed. It's like a built in timer so without epic axes your DPS will likely struggle to kill him.

Thanks for the support guys!!!
~UMBRA_THE_WOLF
The Wolf bleeds
yet dies not

& Triwesterki (Soup) the first
melee Shaper killer
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 22, 2017, 4:34:20 PM
Tyvm Umbra. Great build so far and i hope you´ll get well soon :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info