3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Link replied for request:

Cheers!
Seeing is believing
"
roguemjb wrote:
New gem section! Hit me up with questions.

Links by Rogue

DISCLAIMER:

1. My gear sucks because I only play the temp leagues and shift my gear around to alts and everything is just a mess in standard.
2. These links are not the end all be all of gem choices! Be creative and modify it to your playstyle!
3. Both set ups can be used with axes or swords, but using swords (not using Soul Taker) means giving up 1 aura, and it is easier to give up an aura with the Brutality set up. Swords allow for Whirling Blades and give a tad bit more dps and life potential, but axes with Soul Taker is much easier to learn with and can be changed later.

Chest

Dual Strike should initially be linked with Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, and then Multistrike. Once you get a 5 link, get your Ruthless gem loaded. Ruthless Blows is solid damage and provides a brief stun. The 6th link will either be Bloodlust or Brutality.

Helm and Gloves

CWDT should not be leveled past 3, feel free not to level it at all. Take care not to level Immortal Call past your CWDT level. Immortal Call will save you for a split second to let you leech back to full. Your curse, either Vulnerability or Enfeeble, will pop often, but again take care not to level it past CWDT.

Your totem must have Chance to Bleed so that it can efficiently keep your target bleeding so that your Bloodlust gem will work properly. Maim not only provides more damage for linked skills, but has the line 'Enemies Maimed by Supported Skills take (10-14)% increased Physical Damage', which means your Dual Strike will also have that 10-14% increased damage. I have Whirling Blades linked here because I more often use WB to charge into a pack rather than Leap Slam. Culling Strike can be used on totem instead with Whirling Blades if using axes, as is Umbra's preference.

Weapons

Leap Slam should be paired with Chance to Bleed, again for max Bloodlust uptime, and the Fortify provides extra mitigation when diving into a scarier pack. Vengeance can be used here as well, instead of Fortify.

Lastly, this weapon holds your auras. If using Bloodlust, use Hatred and Herald of Ash. If using Soul Taker, use Arctic Armour as well, instead of Flicker Strike. If using Brutality, use Haste or Grace and Arctic Armour. Vengeance can be used here instead of Flicker Strike as well.

Motherfucking Boots

These things are godly. Try to get uncorrupted with a good uber lab enchant with as close to 200 life as possible. Not only do they give you Unwavering Stance, but you cannot be slowed by chill or by Temporal Chains, making your life significantly easier. These boots are amazing, get a pair ready to use for when you hit the required level.

No links, but I felt like addressing these anyway.

1. RUTHLESS HEART DUAL STRIKER

This set up uses Bloodlust for the 6th link and the unique ring Voidheart (legacy not necessary but very helpful) to give us near 100% bleed chance on Leap Slam and totem (and Whirling Blades if using swords).

-Harder to acquire gear for on the temp leagues, as using Voidheart means less resists.
-More complex gameplay having to keep the bleed on with movement skills or totem or suffer a large dmg loss.
-Much higher dps potential.
-Auras are Hatred and Herald of Ash for lots of extra damage, Arctic Armour as well if using Soul Taker
-Slightly lower life using Voidheart.

2. BRUTHLESS DUAL STRIKER

This set up uses Brutality as the 6th link and a rare ring instead of Voidheart. Brutality cuts out all your ele damage and opens some interesting options.

-Easier to build and easier gameplay.
-Auras are Grace and Arctic Armor, or Haste if Grace isn't wanted/needed.
-Higher life without using Voidheart.
-Lower dps, only achieves about 75% dps of what Ruthless Heart is capable of.
-Auras are Arctic Armor + Haste, or use Grace & spend 3 points to get the Iron Reflexes keystone that converts evasion to armor.
-Chance to Bleed supports are replaced with Melee Physical Damage or Vengeance.

Still having a problem deciding whether to play with Soul Taker, since I'm an axe fan, and was able to craft a decent enough axe(366 pdps, soon gonna divine to 1.88 aps) already, which I'm not keen on dropping for swords, BV is not a friend of mine. So since im not that good at maths, I guess what would be better than a decently rolled Soul Taker is an axe with atleast 400+ pdps?

Cheers guys on your hard work.
"
Hagitsu wrote:
Link replied for request:

Cheers!

thanks dude, thanks so much :D
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Gem and Gear sections were utterly cleaned up. Hope you all like the efforts Rogue and I put into this thread!!! (No more complaining!) lol

~Umbra
Got my back handed to me last night on a twinned colloseum (with possesed boss ugh).

So I am wondering: Am I playing to carfeul with the defensive version (using grace and AA)

Gear is:

Level 87 currently. Should I switch to a more offensive setup or have I maed some stupid mistakes in gearselection? SItting at 6,5k hp currently with around 50k ho dps

*edit* current budget 100c to invest
Last edited by daiur on Aug 16, 2017, 6:10:55 AM
I always favor life over DPS. Damage output is just a measure of how long it takes to kill something, but few builds out there can soak up the damage with a grin like mine can and that's because of APS and Life pool. DPS is, and always will be secondary to my build.

Advice?

-Gloves need 16% APS, improves both leeching and DPS. Two birds with one stone. Can safely drop life leech craft for APS if need be.
-Axes can be upgraded as currency is saved, that's 99% of your DPS. It's one of the limitations of my build.
-Life on your helm is very impressive!
-Chest is great!
-Kaom's boots are pretty easy to get 200 life if you're diligent in looking. Should only be a few chaos.
-A dual resistance belt can be pretty cheap if you patiently keep looking for one with 100 life suffix and 20-30 life prefix, Would crank your life a good bit.
-Rings and amulet are good! Those are the hardest to get cheap with right stats you need for your guy
-150 life chests that are 6L are 2ex to 4ex with dual resistances

Choices, choices, choices! All in all, DPS boils down to sick, retardedly expensive axes. The rest is life gear. At most, you can decide if you want a life or melee dmg prefix on belts or go life with elemental dmg craft on belt. Gloves always are tough, need APS, leech, sick life and res. Even when the gloves you want are easily found they aren't cheap and when they seem to be cheap they are never around lol.

Those are my thoughts on what I consider acceptable gear. Your gear is just shy of good enough to be a model for what other mid-budget strikers could look for. Gloves need APS!! lol

Your DPS is probably more like 180k or maybe 200k. Open your character menu, select dual strike then
-drop anc. totem
-activate silver flask
-pot with lion's roar if you have it
-take a hit or savage hit

Poof, DPS is much, MUCH higher and still there's room for other DPS like bleed, Melee Splash jewel's chance for double damage on main hand, savage hits, etc... That's your DPS that you do almost all the time since you probably do all of that all the time in mobs. No reason not to! Pots fill up very fast and totem is easy to spam!
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 16, 2017, 8:37:55 AM
Thanks for the detailed response :)
"

-A dual resistance belt can be pretty cheap if you patiently keep looking for one with 100 life suffix and 20-30 life prefix, Would crank your life a good bit.

Not sure to understand you there, it seems that 100 life is the only prefix giving life, if dual res suffix, the only choice left to get hp is the strength suffix, or do i miss something?

Thanks
Is BoR not viable anymore? Wish someone would answer my previous post :(
"
skrillexmaus wrote:
Is BoR not viable anymore? Wish someone would answer my previous post :(

Did you try going back through the last pages at least? They told you 6L hybrid life chest + rare helm is better than BOR. BOR though is the cheaper and starter solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info