3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
Gaz2144 wrote:
Umbra thank you for taking the time to re-organise the thread, I have been following this for a while now. The subtle changes you have done with the consolidating the main page are great, I for one was able to follow and get a lot of benefit from it.

Kudos to you.

Thank you, wow, that's really nice to hear. I actually edit this thing a lot. It makes criticism like the one butt nugget a few responses above become enough to make me want to delete the thread out of spite. It's really exhausting and never seems to get done. I cut a lot of fat out today and I'm hopeful it'll show in the replies. If stupid questions decrease then I wrote the thread better than before haha.

Kudos received. Wolffie goes woof woof woof and poops on the floor, so happy just poop everywheres
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
Friskor wrote:
Hey Umbra,

Thanks for your guide and the time you put into it. Same goes for Soup & Rogue.

I was a Sunder Marauder and once a professional level 90 Voidhome Groundslam Hulk Smash Stun Memer with 8 APS because I love smashing things many times a second, but then I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-eVGExx-gI&feature=youtu.be

It was at that moment I knew... I fucked up. There is no research required to realize that cutting things 15x/second is better and more fun than smashing things 8x/second. It's faster and more visceral, and there is no need to stun if everything you touch just explodes lol.

Luckily 3.0 came out so I used the respec, grabbed my legacy Bringer along with the jewelry and belt I already had, dropped the 2h mace and invested all my chaos into budget versions of Soul Taker, a rare offhand Axe, Rubi's and a Might and Influence for the bruthless 8L helm setup. I have just picked up the game again and am still working on a lot of improvements but so far I am super happy with the build. It seemingly destroys everything with ease and I am having a blast. Running 3 auras though not necessary feels OP too.

Many Marauders talk about "Sunder meta" but unless I have bad info, they are good in maps but cannot seem to clear UA/UL/Shaper that well, whereas a well refined Dual Stiker can destroy high level maps and all bosses with insanely fun attack speed. Easy choice for me.

PS. Don't worry about the QQ in this thread too much. Even if the formatting may not have been min/maxed, your build has and that is what counts. It should be in everyone's interest that you, Soup & Rogue spent most time on testing and optimizing the build rather than making the results look pretty.

PPS. Guys, give Umbra a break here. Do you want to read perfectly formatted guides and show disrespect on the internet or be little wolfs who bleed too yet die neither? Exactly.

PPPS. Can't help you with gem-formatting Umbra, busy cutting things with your build. xD

TLDR: Awesome build and video (including choice of music), too much ungratefulness in this thread, no worries about formatting, 15 APS Dual Striker 4 life.

I get a lot of thanks, it's the criticizers that kinda undo all the nice reasons why I keep this thread up. The really bad ones don't just say "hey man your thread needs work" though many will throw in a nice something to say along with some not as nice things to say. It's more like the ones who are very open about not liking my build and bash it on my own thread with their own discouraging sentiments, like I was a braggart or something really bad in character. One guy was very hostile when I wrote a blurb about my dual striker regarding adding DPS through technical means, rather than converting and over-specializing. He thought for some reason I was basically saying that my build was better than sliced bread. So I just deleted the entire blurb about DPS.

I can be irate, I think most people who read my responses every week probably gathered this already haha. I hate this thread pretty passionately but I do actually like the POE community in general. It's def one of the better forums. Worst being Dark Souls. Will never say a word on any forum with dark souls masochists.

I think a lot of people see my daily activity on this thread as sign that I enjoy this. I actually don't maintain the thread at all for them or pride or achievement. Suffice it to say the game long ago POE filled up a very long empty space in my life and I was glad when I saw POE 1.0 get released and reviewed on Gamespot. This thread is for all the sad kids out there with no one to care when they are awake in the long nights. For some of us the sun never seems to come back up. It's good to have a distraction in those powerless times.
"

any melee attack that hits for enough dmg vs enemy man health can stun

Thank you for the reply.

I've tried a lot of Leap Slams lately, and it didn't seem to stun enemies, and surely it didn't generate any charge.

Does it mean I do not deal enough damage with this spell ? (I'm around 50)?
Last edited by spyromat on Aug 15, 2017, 2:31:50 PM
"
spyromat wrote:
"

Thank you for the reply.

I've tried a lot of Leap Slams lately, and it didn't seem to stun enemies, and surely it didn't generate any charge.

The wiki is your friend, always!

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

Last edited by TFTealC on Aug 15, 2017, 3:05:31 PM
Great build! which dual strike variant do you prefer?
New gem section! Hit me up with questions.

Links by Rogue

DISCLAIMER:

1. My gear sucks because I only play the temp leagues and shift my gear around to alts and everything is just a mess in standard.
2. These links are not the end all be all of gem choices! Be creative and modify it to your playstyle!
3. Both set ups can be used with axes or swords, but using swords (not using Soul Taker) means giving up 1 aura, and it is easier to give up an aura with the Brutality set up. Swords allow for Whirling Blades and give a tad bit more dps and life potential, but axes with Soul Taker is much easier to learn with and can be changed later.

Chest

Dual Strike should initially be linked with Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, and then Multistrike. Once you get a 5 link, get your Ruthless gem loaded. Ruthless Blows is solid damage and provides a brief stun. The 6th link will either be Bloodlust or Brutality, depending on the setup you choose, Ruthless Heart or Bruthless.

Helm and Gloves

CWDT should not be leveled past 3, feel free not to level it at all. Take care not to level Immortal Call past your CWDT level. Immortal Call will save you for a split second to let you leech back to full. Your curse, either Vulnerability or Enfeeble, will pop often, but again take care not to level it past CWDT. This is also where I stick the golem for the extra damage.

Unavailable

Your totem must have Chance to Bleed so that it can efficiently keep your target bleeding so that your Bloodlust gem will work properly. Maim not only provides more damage for linked skills, but has the line 'Enemies Maimed by Supported Skills take (10-14)% increased Physical Damage', which means your Dual Strike will also have that 10-14% increased damage. I have Whirling Blades linked here because I more often use WB to charge into a pack rather than Leap Slam. Culling Strike can be used on totem instead with Whirling Blades if using axes, as is Umbra's preference.

Weapons

Leap Slam should be paired with Chance to Bleed, again for max Bloodlust uptime, and the Fortify provides extra mitigation when diving into a scarier pack. Vengeance can be used here as well, instead of Fortify. Feel free to use Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, but I think Fortify with this setup works best.

Lastly, this weapon holds your auras. If using Bloodlust, use Hatred and Herald of Ash. If using Soul Taker, use Arctic Armour as well, instead of Flicker Strike. If using Brutality, use Haste or Grace and Arctic Armour. Vengeance can be used here instead of Flicker Strike if preferred.

Motherfucking Boots

These things are godly. Try to get uncorrupted with a good uber lab enchant with as close to 200 life as possible. Not only do they give you Unwavering Stance, but you cannot be slowed by chill or by Temporal Chains, making your life significantly easier. These boots are amazing, get a pair ready to use for when you hit the required level.

No links, but I felt like addressing these anyway.

1. RUTHLESS HEART DUAL STRIKER

This setup uses Bloodlust for the 6th link and the unique ring Voidheart (legacy not necessary but very helpful) to give us near 100% bleed chance on Leap Slam and totem (and Whirling Blades if using swords). There is 25% bleed chance is on the tree in your chosen weapon cluster, 25% on Chance to Bleed gems, and up to 50% on Voidheart. Mine is 44% which is adequate.

-Harder to acquire gear for on the temp leagues, as using Voidheart means less resists.
-More complex gameplay having to keep the bleed on with movement skills or totem or suffer a large dmg loss.
-Much higher dps potential.
-Auras are Hatred and Herald of Ash for lots of extra damage, Arctic Armour as well if using Soul Taker
-Slightly lower life using Voidheart.

2. BRUTHLESS DUAL STRIKER

This set up uses Brutality as the 6th link and a rare ring instead of Voidheart. Brutality cuts out all your ele damage and opens some interesting options.

-Easier to build and easier gameplay.
-Auras are Grace and Arctic Armor, or Haste if Grace isn't wanted/needed.
-Higher life without using Voidheart.
-Lower dps, only achieves about 75% dps of what Ruthless Heart is capable of.
-Auras are Arctic Armor + Haste, or use Grace & spend 3 points to get the Iron Reflexes keystone that converts evasion to armor.
-Chance to Bleed supports are replaced with Melee Physical Damage or Vengeance.

Last edited by roguemjb on Aug 16, 2017, 9:06:56 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I'm pretty noob at path of exile since i haven't played in a long time but I am confused by your guide. Not to be a negative nancy but its a bunch of text that looks extremely confusing to a noob but the video looks awesome. I bought some pieces on the hardcore harbinger league but I am having a tough time killing things. I'm going the bor route because a 6l botb is way too much money. But if im doing the boots and bor where do I put my actual gems.. ? :(
"
TFTealC wrote:
"
spyromat wrote:
"

Thank you for the reply.

The wiki is your friend, always!

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

Thank you. It seems I'm probably stunning enemies without knowing it.
"
Gchang wrote:
Great build! which dual strike variant do you prefer?

I love the Ruthless Heart setup with axes!
Stun is a goofy mechanic. Leap Slam seems to apply it pretty easily because it actually has very very very good damage effectiveness, so although the hit might say only a few thousand in the tooltip it's actually really solid for stuns, plus natural AoE can multi-stun enemies in mobs. A lot of animations are not displayed in the game I think because our characters do so much at the same time. Stun would be harder to spot when everything is automatically knocked back as well and some of the icons which display statuses over enemies last only a split second.

Best way to tell if you're stunning is to use End. Charge on Melee Stun + Inc. Duration + Stun support to reduce enemy stun threshold and see how often you can do it. Then slowly remove gems when your eyes can more easily spot the stun without needing to gain an endurance charge to see if you are stunning. Leap Slam has more to it than stun=dmg vs enemy max health because of passive modifiers, weapon choice and gear mods as well as damage effectiveness and it's a one-hitter so the DPS tooltip isn't very accurate. Per hit dmg is in your character page, don't rely on tooltip. I do know that even high health bosses can be stunned but I'm not 100% sure how it's figured out mathematically and sometimes the stun is like a split second. I just know stun with leap slam has a much higher chance than the basic math due to some of the factors above.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 16, 2017, 3:10:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info