[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Unk_Particle wrote:
Vulnerability curse and "Cursed enemies take xx% increased damage from damage over time effects" work with RF totem?

yes it works.
Its a good cwdt curse for this build if it fits in, because levels dont increase the dot dmg and it can stay on a low lvl.

Its just weaker than flammability and ele weakness.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 7, 2016, 2:41:40 PM
I've made a small guide to a Low Life RF Totem version i've made (but not played).

check it our if youre interested.

I enjoyed this build quite a bit in the beginning, but it seemed to start tailing off a bit in power in Cruel, and by Merciless I really wasn't having that much fun with it any more. In fairness, I was still using four links, so it seems to me that this build really, really needs at least five links for Merciless. That, and/or I'm just not very good with this build, or not very good in general. :p

Killed Merciless Malachi with this gear, though it took me 21 deaths to do it. (I'd just made a level and I was so effing tired of Act Four Merciless at that point that I just wanted done with it.)

Spoiler

So. Thanks for the build; sorry I can't give it as ringing an endorsement as other folks do, but I figure it's just not a good fit for me. Enjoyed it in the early going, but the Elemental Equilibrium didn't really seem to work as well as it should as I got deeper into Merciless. I may look into respeccing this one into a Flame Totem build, which I'm more familiar with.

Edited to add: no ascension, so that probably makes a difference as well.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Apr 10, 2016, 2:03:00 AM
Uff this gear is horrible, even on solo selffound standards :p No wonder you were struggeling.

I ran Atziri with a 2link, this build isnt link hungry, however a 5l is great to have.

lab on norma + cruel should be finished for tukohama.

You should use increased aoe for burning dmg gem and all those extra totems (devouring/decoy) are totally wasted. The manaflask are useless as well and should be replaced with granite and/or basalt flask

I ran deathless atziri on day one with almost only selffound gear (there is not much to buy on day1), Malachai is even easier, dunno where the problems are except the abyssimal bad gear and no ascendancy class

Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 10, 2016, 10:34:41 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Uff this gear is horrible, even on solo selffound standards :p No wonder you were struggeling.

I ran Atziri with a 2link, this build isnt link hungry, however a 5l is great to have.

lab on norma + cruel should be finished for tukohama.

You should use increased aoe for burning dmg gem and all those extra totems (devouring/decoy) are totally wasted. The manaflask are useless as well and should be replaced with granite and/or basalt flask

I ran deathless atziri on day one with almost only selffound gear (there is not much to buy on day1), Malachai is even easier, dunno where the problems are except the abyssimal bad gear and no ascendancy class

I find the decoy totem handy on Vorici missions. Devouring totems I find helpful in necromancer-heavy areas.

I have yet to have a basalt flask drop. Not one.

But yeah, I figured my gear was pretty weak. I have resists maxed, but keeping them maxed *and* getting better armor and other properties has been a struggle.

Also, keep in mind: challengewise, the best I've done is completed all the challenges in the one-month league. In three month leagues, my current challenges complete (17) is a personal best. If we use that as an indicator of player ability, I figure that seats me in the "okay but not great" category. So, I know quite a few of my struggles have nothing to do with the build.

Switching out Increased AoE is going to require getting three blue sockets and one red socket, so that's something I'll need to work on.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Apr 10, 2016, 10:24:34 PM
I would use thode totems on a weaponswap, but as long as nothing is optimized it doesnt matter ;)

After resists you should really focus on life, at least 50 on every possible piece... Alt-Aug-Regal-mastercraft some rings/amus/belts or at buy cheap stuff for 1 chaos each and your geared for mid tier maps.
You could also buy a 5 link armour/ES chest and alt-aug-regal-mastercraft it. Really easy to color such a piece for 3b 1r 1g.

I still see the biggest issue in your gear and flasks, especially flasks can help a lot if your defensive stats are shitty in the moments you need them.

Thank you a lot, Milky, for awesome guide. Have one question cause i've never played EE build. Am i right that in party with cold witch (freezing pulse) my EE will up monster's cold res and accordingly that fact it's a bad idea? :D
And what can i change in tree if i'm right?
Thank u in advance.)
"
jacynthe wrote:
Thank you a lot, Milky, for awesome guide. Have one question cause i've never played EE build. Am i right that in party with cold witch (freezing pulse) my EE will up monster's cold res and accordingly that fact it's a bad idea? :D
Thank u in advance.)

just use lightning trap to proc EE and you will help your friend as well.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
"
dolan_grey wrote:
"
jacynthe wrote:
Thank u in advance.)

just use lightning trap to proc EE and you will help your friend as well.

Oh,i see, it works that way :D
Thank you so much.)
Found a mistace in entchantment section: The glove entchantment with chilling ground is "of spite", not "of tempest".

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Decree_of_Spite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info