[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Milkyslice wrote:
yes it does, the increased damage modifier works like "increased fire/burning/etc damage" on the skilltree etc

You are awesome, thanks for the guide and quick reply! Having a lot of fun with this build as a MFer.
Can this be played with Templar Scion or witch as well ? Softcore
Last edited by ViciousGhost on Apr 23, 2016, 3:45:21 AM
"
ViciousGhost wrote:
Can this be played with Templar Scion or witch as well ? Softcore

Sure it does, thats why i have a low life section in the thread.
For a pure life its better to use a chieftain, but for Low Life its better to run a Templar/Witch.
You only dont have fire immune totems, but that can be compensated with purity of fire, mobs normally dont survive the ~4sec uptime ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 23, 2016, 5:05:42 AM
For a wierd reason once i try to open the passive skill tree it gets all bugged out... any help with that ? Its not only on this build but on every other one i tried too...
Spoiler
How come you use rapid decay? I thought RF didnt scale from DoT?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Righteous_Fire According to the wiki it doesnt.

Never mind. Figured out the totem thing.

great build
Ok :)
Last edited by Smettarinn on Apr 27, 2016, 9:57:19 AM
Thank you very much for this well elaborated guide!
How do you think, which totems will be better for MF - incinerate totems or RF totems?
I take it that incin totems will proc taunt much more often but how how are they comparable damagewise with mf gear?
Last edited by First_Citizen on Apr 27, 2016, 1:09:39 PM
Hi there,

First of all, thanks for sharing this build, i'm currently following it in Perandus SC and its very comfortable and fun to play. I had no problem with any maps or Atziri so far, but haven't played a T15 Map for now.

I still have a question about the suggested support gems, because i currently bought a six-link Carcass and i'm not sure about the burning dmg Gem. (less duration is no option for me, because i'm to lazy to cast the totems that often)

So, the question is, would it probably be a good idea if you'd swap Burning Dmg. for Fire Penetration if you got Enfeeble running instead of Elemental Weakness? I like the inc. survivability of Enfeeble more but wonder if fire penetration would benefit RF more than burning dmg.

The other option i came up with was Empower lvl 3 (or 4 if possible/affortable), this would give you a greater AoE, a higher Totem life (and therefore more basedmg) and a bit more dmg from the two support gems. Could this be worth a try?

Last edited by Crimmson on Apr 28, 2016, 4:05:37 AM
Fire Penetration does not work with degenerations like RF/Searing bond.

Empower only raises the level of ACTIVE gems, not SUPPORT gems. Since spelltotem is a supportgem and righteous fire doesnt need any levels at all, we dont want empower.

Burning dmg, less duration, rarity/quanity are the best options we have for the 6th link

"
First_Citizen wrote:
Thank you very much for this well elaborated guide!
How do you think, which totems will be better for MF - incinerate totems or RF totems?
I take it that incin totems will proc taunt much more often but how how are they comparable damagewise with mf gear?

I dont have a incinerate totem char, cant compare those.

overall incin can cull which is nice for partys, rf on the other side has a good balance between aoe and single target.

You loose almost nothing in terms of dps with mf gear, killed atziri with a 2l (spelltotem + rf) only, the dps will always be enough to clear most maps and bosses without struggeling on mf gear.

The dangerous part is that you will underestimate perandus packs after playing this build :P

Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 28, 2016, 8:47:07 AM
Nice build idea. I thought about an RF totem which chieftain nodes post ascendancy, made the mistake of saying, "bah, it won't work" and you have proven me wrong. Wish I had done this for league instead of boring ass templar sparker. UGH.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info